Too Tight??

candy4kids

Okay, i have been banded since June of 2007, but got pregnant and had a baby. So we started all over in September refilling my band. I had a fill last wednesday and everything seemed great until thruday night. I ate part of a baked potato with diced chicken. I had about 3 ounces, but was so full then about 2 hours later I was still full and hurting at this point so I went and threw up. I got it all up (I think). Well then that night I could feel things coming back up into my throat and felt as if my chest was full. Anyway, I was unable to eat any food friday. I could get small sips down of water and slimfast, but that was it. On saturday still nothing solid. Sunday (today) I had slim fast for breakfast, blended chicken noodle soup (4oz) and then slim fast shake for snack. I got all of it down without too much pain, but having horrible heartburn and still every night having issues with stuff coming up into my throat. Do I just have some taken out or do I ask for upper GI to see if my band has slipped. Oh I have not lost anything since we begin refilling band in September. I am so discouraged. I lost 48 lbs the first 4 months until I got pregnant. Any advice is appreciated.

Okay, i have been banded since June of 2007, but got pregnant and had a baby. So we started all over in September refilling my band. I had a fill last wednesday and everything seemed great until thruday night. I ate part of a baked potato with diced chicken. I had about 3 ounces, but was so full then about 2 hours later I was still full and hurting at this point so I went and threw up. I got it all up (I think). Well then that night I could feel things coming back up into my throat and felt as if my chest was full. Anyway, I was unable to eat any food friday. I could get small sips down of water and slimfast, but that was it. On saturday still nothing solid. Sunday (today) I had slim fast for breakfast, blended chicken noodle soup (4oz) and then slim fast shake for snack. I got all of it down without too much pain, but having horrible heartburn and still every night having issues with stuff coming up into my throat. Do I just have some taken out or do I ask for upper GI to see if my band has slipped. Oh I have not lost anything since we begin refilling band in September. I am so discouraged. I lost 48 lbs the first 4 months until I got pregnant. Any advice is appreciated.

I am not a medical advisor, but if I was in your shoe, I'd be calling the doc. This, to me, is not a normal situation to continue after having a fill, You should be able to eat some things without too much hassle. Maybe you might need to get a wee bit unfill?

I am not a medical advisor, but if I was in your shoe, I'd be calling the doc. This, to me, is not a normal situation to continue after having a fill, You should be able to eat some things without too much hassle. Maybe you might need to get a wee bit unfill?

Thanks for you help. I have spoke to my Doc and he wants me to come back in tomorrow, but I am wondering if I should ask for an upper GI series to know if this is going to keep happening every time I get this full. This is the second time. Last time I could not eat or drink anything, I am glad it is not that bad this time!

Thanks for you help. I have spoke to my Doc and he wants me to come back in tomorrow, but I am wondering if I should ask for an upper GI series to know if this is going to keep happening every time I get this full. This is the second time. Last time I could not eat or drink anything, I am glad it is not that bad this time!

If it would ease your mind without stress, inquire about it...I would. In your situation, I would be on top of it and keep track of everything I am doing and eating. This way, when you go to the doc, you can explain all you've done. You are doing the right thing right now. Keep us posted please.

If it would ease your mind without stress, inquire about it...I would. In your situation, I would be on top of it and keep track of everything I am doing and eating. This way, when you go to the doc, you can explain all you've done. You are doing the right thing right now. Keep us posted please.

Went to the doc today. He was not in so I seen one of his partners. He agreed that it was pretty weird that this has happened twice and since I had the baby so he ordered an upper GI and took 0.6 mL out of the band. I asked that he not take the whole 1 mL so I would still have some restriction. I can now eat!!!! I seem to bet much, much better. We will know for sure when I have the upper GI. Thanks for all the support.

Went to the doc today. He was not in so I seen one of his partners. He agreed that it was pretty weird that this has happened twice and since I had the baby so he ordered an upper GI and took 0.6 mL out of the band. I asked that he not take the whole 1 mL so I would still have some restriction. I can now eat!!!! I seem to bet much, much better. We will know for sure when I have the upper GI. Thanks for all the support.
GREAT Candy! Glad you got this worry taken care of. Maybe having that small wee bit taken out will do the trick for you and hit your sweet spot! Good luck!