3rd fill scheduled for next week

I had a day this week where my restriction was not nearly as good as it had been, so I called my fill Dr. to schedule a fill for next week. The next day the restriction was back, but I am not sure if I am restricted enough.

Let me describe.

Breakfast- good restriction. I can normally get down a 2 egg omelette with no problem. I am hungry 2 hours later.

Lunch - good restriction. Normally have grilled chicken in a salad. Goes down fine.

I eat about 2-3 ozs. Hungry 2 hours later.

Dinner - restriction not so good. I can eat way too much. Feel urge to snack all evening long. I have to really fight it.

I am having no trouble getting down breads of any type as long as I take small bites and chew well. Can still eat an entire double cheeseburger from McDonald's without issues.

Hubby is scared of me being too tight, but I want to use this band to its full potential.

Experienced bandsters please give some input or advice.

A fill only costs me $100, but I have to lose a day of work, which means I have to get a substitute for my class.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Kimberly

Kim, I can't comment on the restriction yet as i'm not banded, but I'm curious about your urge to snack after dinner... are you sure it's driven by hunger or is it something else like boredom or habit? i know for me even after a filling dinner, i tend to want some kind of snack while i'm watching tv at night because that's what i've always done. i've noticed during the pre-op that my snacking was more because of old habits or anxiety or boredom and not because i was physically hungry.

Kim, if it were me I would recommend a fill. I may be on the tighter side but I am almost never hungry. Once in a while my stomach will growl and I think to myself maybe I am needing to eat. I really have no appetite at all and am losing well. Go for it in my opinion. The down side is you may have to give up some foods you are now able to eat. I cannot eat anything solid in the AM, rarely for lunch and dinner is usually about 1/3 cup of total food. At times I really miss some of the foods I can't eat but I know that's what got me where I was. Good luck and trust your gut!!!

Kim, if it were me I would recommend a fill. I may be on the tighter side but I am almost never hungry. Once in a while my stomach will growl and I think to myself maybe I am needing to eat. I really have no appetite at all and am losing well. Go for it in my opinion. The down side is you may have to give up some foods you are now able to eat. I cannot eat anything solid in the AM, rarely for lunch and dinner is usually about 1/3 cup of total food. At times I really miss some of the foods I can't eat but I know that's what got me where I was. Good luck and trust your gut!!!

Thanks Julie, That is exactly what I was thinking. I have been dieting since October and I think I have the head hunger basically under control. I think I get hungry too quickly after eating. I just finished my dinner and I was able to eat several bites of chicken/shrimp stir fry, and an entire Healthy Choice pizza (It is a large portion on a french bread crust). I didn't even have to chew all that much, not like at breakfast and lunch. I already have 2.8 cc in a 4 cc band, but I think I will get him to give me another .5 cc and see if that helps. I am losing, but not as quickly as I would like to and I feel like I am using way more will power than band power. I haven't found a food yet that I can't eat. Is it true that most bandsters with good restriction have certain foods that they can't eat?

My stomach growls a lot, even though I journal what I eat daily and make sure I get in plenty of protein and fiber. I went to a Bariatric Surgery Support Group/ Nutrition meeting last night at a local hospital and from what was discussed, I am doing pretty much what I should be, except getting more exercise. I work the after school program and get home late so I only fit in exercise about 3 times per week. The program ends the end of this month and my 3 month healing period is over the 19th, so I plan on starting Pilates and walking my treadmill daily (alternating the two).

I second guess myself often, so thanks for reassuring me that I probably do need another fill.

Kimberly

Kim, I can't comment on the restriction yet as i'm not banded, but I'm curious about your urge to snack after dinner... are you sure it's driven by hunger or is it something else like boredom or habit? i know for me even after a filling dinner, i tend to want some kind of snack while i'm watching tv at night because that's what i've always done. i've noticed during the pre-op that my snacking was more because of old habits or anxiety or boredom and not because i was physically hungry.

No, it's because even though I can hold much more food, I am still using portion control and I get hungry not too long after eating. I journal what I eat daily and I really watch calories, protein, and fiber intake. I really think the food might be moving through my band too quickly.

I agree with Julie...it sounds as though you need another fill. You are doing exactly the right thing with journaling and doing your portion control (YES!) and so it seems as though the 'next step' is to really get another small fill. Like Julie, I have a difficult time eating in the mornings and it starts to loosen up for lunch. Dinner, lately, has been touch and go. BUT, I am in a stressful job right now and this is effecting my restrictions big times.

I say go for it and hopefully not too agressive that you would need to get an unfill.

You are doing great Kimberly! WTG!

I agree with Julie and JazzyJude as well. It sounds like it might be time for another fill. I have around the same restriction you do, so I know I'll have to up my fill eventually once these five weeks have passed. However I do notice that I am less hungry in between meals and stay fuller longer with the current fill I have. It definitely helps to control the food when you have less free-floating hunger going on.

Agree I would definitely get another fill. I have more restriction that you do and i'm getting my 3rd fill on Monday. I get full fairly fast on most days, but I can eat most anything without restriction and rarely get stuck even if I eat a bit too fast or too big of bites. Although bread of any kind is completely out of the question for me even toasted.

Sounds like you are definitely using more willpower than band power, but are doing a great job! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping there was more to restriction than what I currently have. I've got a sub scheduled for next Thurs., now I just have to tell my administrator that I need to take ANOTHER sick day. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be my "sweet spot."

:negative:

I disagree about getting another fill. First I would recommend making sure your water intake is at minimum of 64 oz per day. It doesnt have to be all water, in can be crystal light, clear soups, etc... Secondly if you have time to eat at night, then you have time to go outside and take a walk. Instead of eating, go for a walk. Do jumping jacks. Do situps. Do anything for 10 - 20 minutes. It will take your mind off eating and give you a break. Finally, steer clear from fast food. If you can eat a McDonalds burger you can eat a whole grain wheat sandwich with turkey or peanut butter and a small banana, which is way lower in fat, calories, etc. Remember that you can have snacks between your meals, just make sure they are under 100 cals and low in fat, like fruit or sugar free puddings, cookies, etc... :popcorm1:

IF and when you have tried to do this honestly and still feel hungry, THEN at that time go for a fill. The LAST thing you need is to be TOO tight and can't hold liquids or solids and go back for an unfill. I have a total of 3.0 cc in my band that holds 4.0cc and I can't eat white breads or white rice, or white potatoes. But it's been that way for me from the very beginning. Before surgery I gave up all of those items, slowly, but surely. Finally, when I caved in about 3 months post op, I realized I couldnt eat these foods that I totally once loved. But, that's good because I don't need simple carbs, so about 8 months post op I began eating complex carbs the whole grains, brown rice, and realized I liked these better and can eat them without a problem.

:ok: Hope this helps you and doesnt make you upset in any way. I realize others pushed for a fill, but if you rely 90% on the band and only 10% on will power, then you will be miserable. You have invested lots of time and money on this, make sure you put in your 50% and the band will put in 50%.

:lb4:

"I realize others pushed for a fill, but if you rely 90% on the band and only 10% on will power, then you will be miserable. You have invested lots of time and money on this, make sure you put in your 50% and the band will put in 50%. "

seems to me that right now you are doing exactly the opposite of this statement. you are relying primarily on your will power and very slightly on the band (if at all). if what you should be aiming for is truly that 50/50, sounds like your band needs to be working a little better for ya!

I disagree about getting another fill. First I would recommend making sure your water intake is at minimum of 64 oz per day. It doesnt have to be all water, in can be crystal light, clear soups, etc... Secondly if you have time to eat at night, then you have time to go outside and take a walk. Instead of eating, go for a walk. Do jumping jacks. Do situps. Do anything for 10 - 20 minutes. It will take your mind off eating and give you a break. Finally, steer clear from fast food. If you can eat a McDonalds burger you can eat a whole grain wheat sandwich with turkey or peanut butter and a small banana, which is way lower in fat, calories, etc. Remember that you can have snacks between your meals, just make sure they are under 100 cals and low in fat, like fruit or sugar free puddings, cookies, etc... :popcorm1:

IF and when you have tried to do this honestly and still feel hungry, THEN at that time go for a fill. The LAST thing you need is to be TOO tight and can't hold liquids or solids and go back for an unfill. I have a total of 3.0 cc in my band that holds 4.0cc and I can't eat white breads or white rice, or white potatoes. But it's been that way for me from the very beginning. Before surgery I gave up all of those items, slowly, but surely. Finally, when I caved in about 3 months post op, I realized I couldnt eat these foods that I totally once loved. But, that's good because I don't need simple carbs, so about 8 months post op I began eating complex carbs the whole grains, brown rice, and realized I liked these better and can eat them without a problem.

:ok: Hope this helps you and doesnt make you upset in any way. I realize others pushed for a fill, but if you rely 90% on the band and only 10% on will power, then you will be miserable. You have invested lots of time and money on this, make sure you put in your 50% and the band will put in 50%.

After reading your reply, I understand and totally agree with this. I am only 4 months into this band so having a more experienced bander can see more of what to expect from the band. I would do exactly what crazycoolbutteryfly says ~ get all your water in, do your exercises and do this for a couple of weeks and if that doesn't do the trick, then get a fill.

AND, I totally agree with NOT relying heavily on the band for your weight loss. I've said this before, I've paid good hard earning money for this band and I need to do my part in learning how to eat healthier with the proper guidelines, including portion control. I have a 1.6cc fill in my 4cc band. I am NOT tight with restriction at all. I know I can eat more than what I am measuring out...but I am using common sense and get by with my own willpower. Also, I snack every day, in between meals to continue to keep me satisfied throughout the day and night.

What crazycoolbutterfly says about if you can eat at night, then you can exercise too. I DO exercise at night as well as first thing at 2:30 to 3 am in the morning. It's amazing how exercising also helps with the hunger pangs.

OK...sorry to ramble on, but this totally makes sense to me now and thank you crazycoolbutterfly for this suggestion!

I think if you will re-read everything you will see that I have been doing at least my 50%. The only area I am lacking in is the exercise. As I stated, I can only get it in about 3 times per week (45 minutes each time), because I get home late due to working the afterschool program. I have a family and I have all the duties that go along with it, like helping with homework, laundry, dinner, dishes, etc. That program ends the end of this month and my 3 month post-op waiting period is almost over. As stated, I intend to begin Pilates and walking, alternating daily.

I don't make a habit of eating McDonald's cheeseburgers. A family friend's mother had died. When I got home from the afterschool program at 6:00 p.m. we immediately left to go to their house. We left their house at 9:00 p.m. I had been without food since 11:00 a.m that day. I was starving. Small town, limited options. I hadn't had one in 4-5 months and I just wanted to try and see if I could eat one. Diets are all about learning to eat in moderation and not to excess. It is ok to eat something like a cheeseburger occasionally.

10 years ago I lost 107 lbs. completely on will power and excessive exercise, so I know how to drop weight. Year by year I gained it back. I paid $8,000 + for my band to help me lose the weight this time around and to help me keep it off. So far I have lost 27 lbs. before my surgery and 27 lbs. after surgery for a total of 54 lbs. At my age, I feel like that is pretty good. I didn't even have my first fill until January 10th, so it has been mostly me not my band. Every bandster that posts writes about foods that they cannot eat. At this point, I haven't found anything that my band won't let me eat. Therefore, it leads me to believe that my band is not working at its full potential. <_<

I think if you will re-read everything you will see that I have been doing at least my 50%. The only area I am lacking in is the exercise. As I stated, I can only get it in about 3 times per week (45 minutes each time), because I get home late due to working the afterschool program. I have a family and I have all the duties that go along with it, like helping with homework, laundry, dinner, dishes, etc. That program ends the end of this month and my 3 month post-op waiting period is almost over. As stated, I intend to begin Pilates and walking, alternating daily.

I don't make a habit of eating McDonald's cheeseburgers. A family friend's mother had died. When I got home from the afterschool program at 6:00 p.m. we immediately left to go to their house. We left their house at 9:00 p.m. I had been without food since 11:00 a.m that day. I was starving. Small town, limited options. I hadn't had one in 4-5 months and I just wanted to try and see if I could eat one. Diets are all about learning to eat in moderation and not to excess. It is ok to eat something like a cheeseburger occasionally.

10 years ago I lost 107 lbs. completely on will power and excessive exercise, so I know how to drop weight. Year by year I gained it back. I paid $8,000 + for my band to help me lose the weight this time around and to help me keep it off. So far I have lost 27 lbs. before my surgery and 27 lbs. after surgery for a total of 54 lbs. At my age, I feel like that is pretty good. I didn't even have my first fill until January 10th, so it has been mostly me not my band. Every bandster that posts writes about foods that they cannot eat. At this point, I haven't found anything that my band won't let me eat. Therefore, it leads me to believe that my band is not working at its full potential. <_<

I say; you paid good money for that band, so get your money's worth and get that fill! Heck, if you could do it on your own, you wouldn't have bothered getting tha band to begin with.

Making statements like "if you can eat at night, you can exercise" are awfully haughty. If someone snacks for 2.5 minutes in between folding laundry, serving a family dinner, spoon feeding an infant and god knows what else...that isn't exactly the same as having the time to go for a 20-30 minutes run! Wow! Assumptions...

Also, admitting to eating a fastfood cheeseburger and getting "if you can eat a cheeseburger, you can eat whole wheat grain turkey..." - wow again! A death, come on! Some days that whole wheat grain barley tofu spread is not gonna be there. Not to say that preparation is not key, but a death, folks!

I'm surprised by comments like these.

I should probably take a shower and relax. And maybe just follow the OA motto, as well. "Take what you like and leave the rest."

Have a good night.

Jennifer

Making statements like "if you can eat at night, you can exercise" are awfully haughty. If someone snacks for 2.5 minutes in between folding laundry, serving a family dinner, spoon feeding an infant and god knows what else...that isn't exactly the same as having the time to go for a 20-30 minutes run! Wow! Assumptions...

Also, admitting to eating a fastfood cheeseburger and getting "if you can eat a cheeseburger, you can eat whole wheat grain turkey..." - wow again! A death, come on! Some days that whole wheat grain barley tofu spread is not gonna be there. Not to say that preparation is not key, but a death, folks!

I'm surprised by comments like these.

I should probably take a shower and relax. And maybe just follow the OA motto, as well. "Take what you like and leave the rest."

Have a good night.

Jennifer

Here, Here!! You've said everything I've been thinking about this post!! Go get a fill- a small one if you're afraid of being too tight because I'm going next Wednesday for my third fill and I'm just going to ask for a small one, too. Good Luck and Congrats on the 50+ pounds you've lost thus far! :)

Every bandster that posts writes about foods that they cannot eat.

NOT A TRUE STATEMENT, I EAT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN MODERATION, NO RESRICTIONS

I'VE SEEN TO MANY OVER THE YEARS USE THE BAND AS A SURGICALLY INDUCED BULIMIA. THIS IS NOT WANT THE BAND IS ABOUT

FILL INSTRUCTIONS BY FILL MANAGEMENT

The Lap Band fill (adjustment) is the effect the band has on decreasing your appetite. If you are less hungry then you eat less and will lose weight. The word restriction is a misnomer. When fluid is added to the lap band it causes the food one eats to stay in a pouch for a longer time. This releases a neurotransmitter to the brain that says you are full for 4 hours. This is a fill. To feel restriction is not good and can lead to other problems, like Gastric Reflux, heartburn, PB (projectile burping) and band slippage (rare).

How much fill should I get?

It is important to understand that the tissue in you gut is like the tissue in your mouth, it is very sensitive and swells very easily. Everyone is different; a good fill for one person is too tight for another person, or not enough for the next person.

The initial adjustment post operatively should occur at 6 weeks or later, and 1-2cc of Normal Saline (for the 9.75 or 10 cc band). The larger band (11CM and VG) adjustment os 3-4cc.

Regular reviews (4-6 weeks) are recommended with weight and clinical status measured. If weight loss is 1 pound per week over the period and patient is following bandster diet guidelines then another fill of normal saline is added at .2 to .5 increments.

If the weight loss average between visits is 2 plus pounds per week no fill is needed.

If the weight loss averaged between 1-2 pounds and the person feels hungry and found it difficult to comply with the dietary guideline/portions.

Fluid is removed from the system if there is symptoms of excessive restriction or obstruction, including excessive sense of fullness, heartburn, regurgitation and vomiting.

Fluoroscopy is needed for evaluation of band placement and/or port placement.

It is important know that the fluid in the band never adds up, it is always give or take 1 cc because fluid hides in the tubing or in the band.

Very informative, thanks, Pammie!

FILL INSTRUCTIONS BY FILL MANAGEMENT

The Lap Band fill (adjustment) is the effect the band has on decreasing your appetite. If you are less hungry then you eat less and will lose weight. The word restriction is a misnomer. When fluid is added to the lap band it causes the food one eats to stay in a pouch for a longer time. This releases a neurotransmitter to the brain that says you are full for 4 hours. This is a fill. To feel restriction is not good and can lead to other problems, like Gastric Reflux, heartburn, PB (projectile burping) and band slippage (rare).

How much fill should I get?

It is important to understand that the tissue in you gut is like the tissue in your mouth, it is very sensitive and swells very easily. Everyone is different; a good fill for one person is too tight for another person, or not enough for the next person.

The initial adjustment post operatively should occur at 6 weeks or later, and 1-2cc of Normal Saline (for the 9.75 or 10 cc band). The larger band (11CM and VG) adjustment os 3-4cc.

Regular reviews (4-6 weeks) are recommended with weight and clinical status measured. If weight loss is 1 pound per week over the period and patient is following bandster diet guidelines then another fill of normal saline is added at .2 to .5 increments.

If the weight loss average between visits is 2 plus pounds per week no fill is needed.

If the weight loss averaged between 1-2 pounds and the person feels hungry and found it difficult to comply with the dietary guideline/portions.

Fluid is removed from the system if there is symptoms of excessive restriction or obstruction, including excessive sense of fullness, heartburn, regurgitation and vomiting.

Fluoroscopy is needed for evaluation of band placement and/or port placement.

It is important know that the fluid in the band never adds up, it is always give or take 1 cc because fluid hides in the tubing or in the band.

In response:

MrsParris, first and foremost, I normally don't respond to requests for help/advice for the very reasons of what occurred on this posting. Some, very few, people on this forum twist and turn words, or make it about them, which makes it harder for others to be honest when voicing advice/opinions. However, you asked for an opinion and/or advice and I gave it to you honestly. The band is a tool, not a miracle. Which is a phrase that several patients and doctors have mentioned before. I too am a wife, mother of 4 active boys, etc...but I MAKE time to exercise. Even if it is for 5-10 minutes. Believe it or not, it only takes 8 minutes for some people to run a mile. It takes 5 minutes to do 50 crunches, slowly. It takes 2 minutes to walk outside to your mailbox and back 5 times. I also MAKE time to carry a low-cal bar, snack, whatever in my purse for the days I am in a time bind and can't get to a sit down meal. Do you remember when you would pack for child's diaper bag? Well, that's pretty much what I do for myself. I carry a bag with my walking gear, a change of clothes, water bottles, and healthy snacks all the time in my car. I understand you may not have a habit of eating at McDonald's, but they do have healthier options other than a burger. Moderation is true, but a double cheeseburger isn't what I would call moderation. They have apples, salads, grilled chicken, yogurts... The choice is up to you not the band. You also mentioned that you hadn't eaten since 11 am and it wasn't until about PM when you did eat, I ask why? Taking care of yourself is a must. Isn't it the main reason why "we" got here in the first place? I came to terms that in order to be a better mother, wife, friend, etc...I must take care of myself first, then the others. If I'm not well, how could I care for someone else? I re-learned this because as a mother, wife, etc you put yourself in the back burner and then end up with negative results. You are doing extremely well, and I'm sure that you expect faster results as we all do. But at the same time, are you willing to risk your health once again, because you don't make the time you need for your body to be better? And with that burning question, I will let you be.

JazzyJude Thanks for your support, I know that sometimes honest opinions/advice is taken in wrongly, but you always find the best out of the conversations. Thanks.

Pammie Thanks for posting the "guidelines" once again for everyone on the board. It's pretty much what I said, just in more detailed explanation. Most important is that the patient is following bandster diet and portions. I too keep a handy list of my on line guidelines and books that I have read regarding patient portions, diets, exercises, and follow-ups. I probably should have posted that, instead of my opinion.

"Regular reviews (4-6 weeks) are recommended with weight and clinical status measured. If weight loss is 1 pound per week over the period and patient is following bandster diet guidelines then another fill of normal saline is added"

Jennifer JS, "haughty ...and death", To mention this regarding my advice is ridiculous. It was our previous choices/habits/excuses that could have lead to our untimely death, not words. You are the first, and only person, who has ever posted something negative about me or to me. And I don't appreciate that. Obviously this post was intended for a response to a question of help, not a response to others opinions/advice. Sometimes the truth hurts, and if that struck a cord with you/others, well that wasn't my intention. However, in my defense, I am honestly repeating what Pammie posted in the guidelines, but not in the same exact words. And, Yes, I am proud to be here today and what I have accomplished. My faith, family, hard work, determination, and positive attitude is what gets me going everyday.

happygirl02, I am NOT "relying on willpower more than band", I make time to exercises, eat better choices, eat the correct portions and keep close contact with my primary care physician, fill doctors, and surgeons. I researched for over 5 years before having this procedure done. And when I finally did, last year, I made sure that I knew what I was getting into, where I am going, and how I'm getting there. I am not wasting my time, money or efforts this time around. I learn from my mistakes, thank GOD.

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. "

Kahlil Gibran

Excellent point of views crazycoolbutterfly and I respect what you've said.

To make this brief and not risking to cause a stir, I believe a few may have misunderstood or misinterpretate of the original issue and we may have replied in haste too quickly without really understanding what the issue is and just twisting and turning words when not intended to be.

This is all suppose to be a positive aspect but also to know the negatives too. I, for one, appreciate to know both sides of an issue and then make my own judgement call for my needs. As one had said not too long ago, if you don't agree with the post, move on to the next post without posting a nasty/sassy remark.

Again, let's not patronize or be rude to one another and leave it at this. We are all learning about this band of ours and everyone is different and has lots of advice/opinions. We need to respect each other's their 'side of the story', as it may be something we haven't considered.

I wish I had a 'recipe' to help everyone's ordeal...but then you wouldn't reap the benefits of learning our new healthier lifestyle change that we are embracing with our band if I did it for you. It's all in trial in error...hang in there everyone...WE CAN DO THIS, TOGETHER!

Excellent point of views crazycoolbutterfly and I respect what you've said.

To make this brief and not risking to cause a stir, I believe a few may have misunderstood or misinterpretate of the original issue and we may have replied in haste too quickly without really understanding what the issue is and just twisting and turning words when not intended to be.

This is all suppose to be a positive aspect but also to know the negatives too. I, for one, appreciate to know both sides of an issue and then make my own judgement call for my needs. As one had said not too long ago, if you don't agree with the post, move on to the next post without posting a nasty/sassy remark.

Again, let's not patronize or be rude to one another and leave it at this. We are all learning about this band of ours and everyone is different and has lots of advice/opinions. We need to respect each other's their 'side of the story', as it may be something we haven't considered.

I wish I had a 'recipe' to help everyone's ordeal...but then you wouldn't reap the benefits of learning our new healthier lifestyle change that we are embracing with our band if I did it for you. It's all in trial in error...hang in there everyone...WE CAN DO THIS, TOGETHER!

Thanks Jude!

My original post was describing what my restriction was like and basically wanting to know if it was normal, or if I could get more out of my band with another fill. I wasn't looking for exercise or nutritional advice, especially advice that came off so condescending. People really should be careful how they word their posts to make sure they don't come off as critical. I always try to be supportive when I have the time to post, as do you.

Thanks again.

Kimberly

Some have voiced their opinions that my reply was spot-on/appropriate - some have taken it as nasty/sassy.

I apologize and have NO desire to become a 'troll' or whatever the word is.

I respect you all and will make an effort to read the posts differently (i.e. trust that the person is not being condescending and remember that type written words can be taken out of context).

crazycoolbutterfly - I wrote that a death had occurred in the original poster's life and that she made a poor food choice while dealing with that. I applaud your weight loss, committment and contributions to this forum.

Jennifer JS, "haughty ...and death", To mention this regarding my advice is ridiculous. It was our previous choices/habits/excuses that could have lead to our untimely death, not words. You are the first, and only person, who has ever posted something negative about me or to me. And I don't appreciate that. Obviously this post was intended for a response to a question of help, not a response to others opinions/advice. Sometimes the truth hurts, and if that struck a cord with you/others, well that wasn't my intention. However, in my defense, I am honestly repeating what Pammie posted in the guidelines, but not in the same exact words. And, Yes, I am proud to be here today and what I have accomplished. My faith, family, hard work, determination, and positive attitude is what gets me going everyday.

Some have voiced their opinions that my reply was spot-on/appropriate - some have taken it as nasty/sassy.

I apologize and have NO desire to become a 'troll' or whatever the word is.

I respect you all and will make an effort to read the posts differently (i.e. trust that the person is not being condescending and remember that type written words can be taken out of context).

crazycoolbutterfly - I wrote that a death had occurred in the original poster's life and that she made a poor food choice while dealing with that. I applaud your weight loss, committment and contributions to this forum.

Jennifer- your reply was appropriate (and entertaining), especially in defense of Mrs. Parris. And Mrs. Parris, you probably do need a small fill--that's the bottom line. And working out 3x a week is more than most people do and nothing to feel bad or guilty about. Neither is the double cheeseburger, in my opinion. Having one cheeseburger in four months, especially under the circumstances you were under is in a word: REALISTIC. You have done a fabulous job and I apologize that your post thread turned "ugly." I hope you have a wonderful week-end.