Fat Burners

I like to know that as well. I just bought some at Walmart (just the fat burners) and wanted to see if you guys follow the recommended dosage. I know everyone is different on how they handle things like this, but I just don't know about taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon...these things are huge..lol

I took two this morning and only one this afternoon. That's what my directions said...the pills go down pretty easy for me and they're small compared to my multi-vitamin. I've been using Jude's dosage--as long as they're smaller around than a water bottle opening...I felt slightly weird this morning, but now I feel fine and I needed the caffeine zing.

According to the instructions, take 2 in the morning and then 1 or 2 in the afternoon. If caffeine keeps you up at night, don't take them at night. I personally take (1) at 5am and then (1) at 1pm and that is it. You want to make sure you get a good night sleep and excessive use of these pills can screw up your body routine and your beauty sleep you so need. Just don't overkill the purpose of this.

Update: I went back to WalMart last night and again, I bought another 30-day program of DA Cleanse and again, another 30-day FREE Green Tean/Fat Burners. The whole thing cost me $31.84 plus tax. GOOD BUY for me! So, after this 30-day I am doing, then I am going to try Vangirl's water and lemon suggestion and then later on, will start the DA Cleanse again. I just want to detox my body real good as well getting back my daily routine of the roto rooter plumbing! LOL...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been doing the Green Tea Fat Burners and how are you doing with them? I tried them while on the Dual-action cleansing program and I liked it a lot. I am thinking of using these fat burners while doing the lemon water cleaning Vangirl posted. Some feed back please.

This isn’t going to be very popular, but be careful with these. At this time there aren’t too many regulations or laws that surround this type of business. There are a vast array of snake oil products and borderline soft drugs being peddled in the name of weight loss. I’m totally into cleansing with natural products – I look for natural ways that are gentle on the body.

You just have to be so careful, many of the fat burners are just pharmaceutically manufactured caffeine in high doses, mixed with other odd herbs which most likely do nothing and could damage your health in the long run by putting a strain on not only your heart but also your Endocrine and Central Nervous Systems.

Here are some of the problems that taking fat burners can cause:

• Central Nervous System Burnout

• Exhaustion

• Mental Fatigue

• Aggressiveness and Mood swings

• Hamper body’s ability to recover from everyday stress

• And even Psychological problems

At the end of the day, the only way to lose the weight is with diet and exercise. I got my band so I could have a tool that would aid me in my diet, I threw in the exercise – in my younger days I experimented with many different weight loss fads, thankfully I’m done with that and I don’t have any long term health issues. Try and use your band, you know how it is, its only until much later that they come out with studies how this has hurt people and then law suits start, but the truth is its not worth your health – we all know how difficult that is to get back once we screw up our bodies.

I do green tea; drink the natural tea that is not mixed up with a bunch of junk and its good for you. (And it’s cheap)

It will:

• Raise Metabolism

• Be a Potent Anti-Oxidant

• Anti-Estrogenic

• Help Burn Fat

• Relax the Mind and Body

My goal is to try and not pollute my foods with a bunch of things that could be potentially harmful.

In my opinion, I paid thousands for this band so I would not jeopardize my health any longer and focus on nutrition and long term healthy living. You will do what you want to do to help you succeed; I just needed to throw another voice out there – sometimes I worry about you all! And you'll lose the weight whether or not you take a fat burner, it may be slower but you'll be healthier in the long run. (And I know I don't know the ingrediants list of many you're taking, so if you're into something natural, and working with a health provider to support, good for you)!

All my best and remember, this is just my opinion. (And I'm not a health professional, but I'm in this business and work for some of them and this is a discussion right now).

Lisa

This isn’t going to be very popular, but be careful with these. At this time there aren’t too many regulations or laws that surround this type of business. There are a vast array of snake oil products and borderline soft drugs being peddled in the name of weight loss. I’m totally into cleansing with natural products – I look for natural ways that are gentle on the body.

You just have to be so careful, many of the fat burners are just pharmaceutically manufactured caffeine in high doses, mixed with other odd herbs which most likely do nothing and could damage your health in the long run by putting a strain on not only your heart but also your Endocrine and Central Nervous Systems.

Here are some of the problems that taking fat burners can cause:

• Central Nervous System Burnout

• Exhaustion

• Mental Fatigue

• Aggressiveness and Mood swings

• Hamper body’s ability to recover from everyday stress

• And even Psychological problems

At the end of the day, the only way to lose the weight is with diet and exercise. I got my band so I could have a tool that would aid me in my diet, I threw in the exercise – in my younger days I experimented with many different weight loss fads, thankfully I’m done with that and I don’t have any long term health issues. Try and use your band, you know how it is, its only until much later that they come out with studies how this has hurt people and then law suits start, but the truth is its not worth your health – we all know how difficult that is to get back once we screw up our bodies.

I do green tea; drink the natural tea that is not mixed up with a bunch of junk and its good for you. (And it’s cheap)

It will:

• Raise Metabolism

• Be a Potent Anti-Oxidant

• Anti-Estrogenic

• Help Burn Fat

• Relax the Mind and Body

My goal is to try and not pollute my foods with a bunch of things that could be potentially harmful.

In my opinion, I paid thousands for this band so I would not jeopardize my health any longer and focus on nutrition and long term healthy living. You will do what you want to do to help you succeed; I just needed to throw another voice out there – sometimes I worry about you all! And you'll lose the weight whether or not you take a fat burner, it may be slower but you'll be healthier in the long run. (And I know I don't know the ingrediants list of many you're taking, so if you're into something natural, and working with a health provider to support, good for you)!

All my best and remember, this is just my opinion. (And I'm not a health professional, but I'm in this business and work for some of them and this is a discussion right now).

Lisa

I completely agree with you Lisa. I know a lot of you are doing this and I didn't say anything before because I don't like to upset people! But honestly I was surprised by it. I have been eating so healthy, organic, vegetarian and I have never felt better. My goal is to put very little into my body that might be harmful. Including stuff like the so-called fat burners and things. I also just want you guys to be careful. I just feel that for me it's not worth risking a potential side effect or even long-term damange by something that is not regulated at all. So please be careful with your health!

Karen

fat burners don't' really 'burn fat' but I'm guessing we all already know that!

They're just stimulants.

they only increase your internal body temperature. and increase your heart rate, which in terms, increases your metabolism.

SLIGHTLY.

you can get the same effect by adding caffeine to your diet.

You can buy caffeine pills at walmart for $3.00.

That's what's giving you the 'energy' or jitters that most fat burners are a side effect of.

i would not waste your money on any of the OTC crap. you have no idea what's in them, and with all of the media attention of 'hidden' ingredients, reading the label no longer does us justice.

If you don't understand what's in the pills you're taking, don't put it in your mouth.

You should be able to understand every single ingredient on the bottle.

Quite honestly, no bodybuilder of figure girl would touch that crap.

it doesn't work, and it's not worth the money.

If these fat burners really worked, i wouldn't be here.

;)

For your reading:

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article334.html

http://www.nutrition.com.sg/ho/hofatburner.asp

Has anyone here tried the energy drink called Celsius? The stuff tastes delicious--the sparkling cola tastes like a diet coke. It is supposed to increase your metabolic rate by 12%. I drank a bit of this around the holidays as a way to keep the energy level up to get everything done. Here is a link to their website.

https://www.celsius.com/2-0_CelsiusStory.htm

It is available on Amazon. There is also a store locator at the website. I got mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.

One thing I found was that if I drank a whole one too late in the day (like after 4pm), I found it hard to relax and get to sleep that evening. If I took it before 2, no problem.

Diana

I just reviewed the ingredients.

There's NOTHING in there that would even slightly promote fat loss, except for taurine, guarana & caffeine -

There is a bunch of fancy fills (ginger root) green tea root, etc.

I couldn't find the nutritional breakdown of this product.

nada, nothing! just a brief explanation of what's in it. HA.

That's ODD. And rather scary.

Also.. It's an 'investment' opportunity.

LOL.

Red flag, maybe?! uhhuh!

WASTe. OF. MONEYYY!

Like i mentioned before, if you can't read the ingredients with understand, don't even touch the stuff.

You can lose weight without this crap.

it's such a pit, waiting for suckers with some bit of hope to take the bate.

--

Ok, i re-read this thread, and it really scares me, to think that you guys actually believe that these are 'fat burners'.

Please don't fall for it!!!

They don't work miracles. Hell, they barely do anything!

They won't get rid of your tummy. They won't give you hard as rock thighs.

They won't increase your metabolism to a level you'd even notice!

They're selling you a wonderful idea of fat loss, and many of you are believing it.

You can't spot reduce. i wish a pill would do it for us! ;)

it's not going to help with your 'stomach', or special 'fat holding' spots.

LOL.

diet is 90% of your weight loss success.

the other 10% is exercise.

sucks, but it's the truth.

when i was bodybuilding, i was on a few of these products, just for energy (b/c my bodyfat was so low, it was hard to get going in the mornings ..) which then developed into a chemical dependency.

Yep.

All of these products contain chemicals. Green tea or not.

I just updated my thread of fitness and nutrition.

Along with a huge lists of myths, I typed up years ago when I was training.

Hey Lindsay--

Thanks for your input. Try to relax--no one is drinking a 50 gallon drum of the stuff, OK?

Celsius is loaded with good for you ingredients such as Green Tea with EGCG, Ginger, Calcium, Chromium, B vitamins, and vitamin C. It's not a flavored coffee. As far as "stimulants", my rear end is prone to be "sofa-shaped", so just shy of a boot in the rear, this works for me--haha.

Hey Lindsay--

Thanks for your input. Try to relax--no one is drinking a 50 gallon drum of the stuff, OK?

Celsius is loaded with good for you ingredients such as Green Tea with EGCG, Ginger, Calcium, Chromium, B vitamins, and vitamin C. It's not a flavored coffee. As far as "stimulants", my rear end is prone to be "sofa-shaped", so just shy of a boot in the rear, this works for me--haha.

I'd just pop a caffeine pill. It's A LOT cheaper, and cal free - unlike the Celsius :)

Don't fall for fancy advertising, honeybee!

LOL........ LOL......... I wish I could find ONE trainer at my gym that did not take supplements, INCLUDING those that HELP burn fat.... Of course they do not do all of the work for you but they do HELP - -- Why do you think allllllllll these people spend SOOOOO much in GNC and Vitamin shoppe? becuase we cant get everything we need from our foods. You can get alot of HEALTHY and safe fatburners (or whatever you want to call them, thermogenics). Its everyones responsibility to research everything they do with their bodies, including the band.

I would love to be able to post without everyone jumping down everyone elses throat or being so judgemental. its so silly.

THANK YOU Lisa and Karen for your input ~ valuable lesson to learn. I guess I am, again, trying to speed things up being so new with the band and really, what you've said makes total sense. So, forget the fat burners for me and just have plain green tea, which I thoroughly enjoy.

I totally appreciate ANY inputs, suggestions, etc ~ even the side effects, etc. Karen...thanks for speaking out, between the two of you, I am making a better choice for myself.

((HUGS!))...Jazzy!

LOL........ LOL......... I wish I could find ONE trainer at my gym that did not take supplements, INCLUDING those that HELP burn fat.... Of course they do not do all of the work for you but they do HELP - -- Why do you think allllllllll these people spend SOOOOO much in GNC and Vitamin shoppe?

People generally don't really understand what they're ingesting.

That's the most frightening part.

Especially with the recent release by the FDA letting everyone know that a lot of products are being mis-advertised, and not labeled correctly - ingredients MISSING from the list, etc.

Scary stuff.

'Trainers' that advocated fat burners?

HA.

No comment. :lol:

Overall, as nasty as I may sound, I'm just letting everyone know what I wish I knew before-

they're not worth the money .. and not worth putting in your system.

Hey Jude,

Thanks and sorry about this.

Unfortunately until the new regulations are live, many companies do not list all of their actual ingredients, it’s a problem that I’m well aware of and looking forward to the day when this business is better regulated.

It a just be careful, situation – and I do believe those who need it based on their diets should be supplementing their diet with vitamins, minerals, other nutrients and herbs, the truth is most of us bandsters do. And to be perfectly honest, if I want advice on supplementing my body I go to Dr. Andy Weil, he is just a wealth of information in regards to this area.

We all make our own decisions and like I said, it’s up to you. I don’t mean for people to think I’m jumping down their throats if I throw my opinion out there – I actually think what is really cool about our forum is we do have different opinions and constantly learn from each other.

Best,

Lisa

I have been watching and reading this thread. I was not going to get envolved as I did not want it to become a heated discussion. But I feel I need to tell you what can happen.

I like every other human wanted a fast " fix " Well that fast fix almost killed me. I have tried every fad pill that came out.. And yes the green tea ones. My heart would race after taking them. Nov 11 2007 I had a heart attack at the age of 31. My heart had enlarged 3 inches within a year. I can not say that it was do to the pills but all the research I have done puts me in the direction that is was. My enlarged heart can not be explained other then taking those pills. At first I felt great but then I would find I was crashing.

Now I am not saying this is going to happen to everyone, I can just say what has happened for me.

We all know these did not help us before our band or why did we spend the money and get it. So why would we think it is going to happen now. I am all about getting a healthier body but if we think these fat burners are going to do all the work we are going back to the same mentality that had us gain all the wait.

We need to be healthy, whole foods, organic if we can. Excersise and treat our band as a life tool not the end all and think we have to do nothing.

Please think twice as to what you put in your body. We gained this weight over time we are not going to loose it overnight. Yes I have lost 60 lbs in 2 months but I can say it is from hard work and I am proud of that. I can years later say I would not be proud for a supposed drug to do that for me. My husband is so proud of the hard work I have put into this and how dedicated I am. I don't think he would be proud of me for taking a easy way out.

This is not said to anger/hurt people. Just telling you from someone who took that stuff you almost lost her life as I still have heart issues is SOOO not worth it. I rather take it an extra few moths to loose those pounds then it would take if I took a pill.

Julie

P.S............. Save your money for new clothes.. I rather spend my money on that then another fad.

Hey Jude,

Thanks and sorry about this.

Unfortunately until the new regulations are live, many companies do not list all of their actual ingredients, it’s a problem that I’m well aware of and looking forward to the day when this business is better regulated.

It a just be careful, situation – and I do believe those who need it based on their diets should be supplementing their diet with vitamins, minerals, other nutrients and herbs, the truth is most of us bandsters do. And to be perfectly honest, if I want advice on supplementing my body I go to Dr. Andy Weil, he is just a wealth of information in regards to this area.

We all make our own decisions and like I said, it’s up to you. I don’t mean for people to think I’m jumping down their throats if I throw my opinion out there – I actually think what is really cool about our forum is we do have different opinions and constantly learn from each other.

Best,

Lisa

My post wasn't referring to you at all Lisa, it was referring to Lindsay for being so judgemental for people who are discussing a topic. its uncalled for.

Thanks,

Christy

My post wasn't referring to you at all Lisa, it was referring to Lindsay for being so judgemental for people who are discussing a topic. its uncalled for.

Thanks,

Christy

Judgmental no - informative, yes.

I'm sorry if I can't support your decision, but you should at least be fully aware of what water you're treading in.

Why ask questions, if you don't want to hear responses?

You asked about fat burners, I gave you facts. along with suggestions.

What you do is your decision.

After reading your profile, it was clear that you've been yo-yoing with dieting for years - why you'd add 'fat burners' into the mix, is beyond me.

They've NEVER been clinically proven to work long term.

But that decision is yours.

Any 'trainer' that advocated fat burners is a huge red flag.

But again, the decision is yours.

Just get your facts straight before making it.

Julie, I’m so sorry that happened to you, and the truth is many of us have tried these types of products to help us lose the weight. Without knowing how dangerous some can be, it’s a bit like Russian roulette. We just don’t know how it’s going to affect our bodies.

Thank you for being so honest and open, you just never know – you may have just saved someone’s life today. There could be someone out here that reads your story and then stops taking it – and they may have been just like you – they might have had a heart attack if they didn’t change the course they were on.

I’m so glad you’re here with us and working to improve your health, there’s a reason for this.

For my homework for work this weekend I have to listen to the senate hearings on health. For those of you interesting its really good information.

http://help.senate.gov/Hearings/2009_02_26/2009_02_26.html

“As American’s we spend more than citizens of any other country in the developed world for health care, by virtually every measure of health outcomes - longevity, infant mortality, fitness, and rates of chronic disease - we are near or at the bottom”.

The goal is to change this path, and we as a group right now are actually changing our path and working towards a healthier lifestyle – all in our own way and that’s OK. This in the long run will decrease the cost of our healthcare in our country and improve our lives, which is awesome.

All the best,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa,

It has been a long road. I was newly married on August 4th 07 and 3 months later not too sure if I was going to live to see the next morning. When the Dr told me that I had the largest heart that he had seen in his 25 years of practice it makes you take a look. I had fallen off my horse the year before so they compared x-rays and that is when they were able to tell it had enlarged and to the amount. I had started taking the pills to loose weight for my wedding. I almost lost my life.

One thing that we all have to remember is if these pills were miracle pills then there would be no overweight people. They would be on every shelf and these MFG's would be worth billions as that is how much Americans and Canadians spend on fad diets each year. Who would not want that quick fix. Even now I think hmm, I wonder if that works. But I know the hard way they do not.

I am glad and happy of the journey I am on now. I am on a health journey. Most of us spent the money so we might never have to take blood pressure, diabetic medication again. Why would you take another pill.. Maybe it will help you loose weight but it is doing nothing for your cardivascular(sp) health. Will not help build lean muscle which is really what helps you boost your metabalism.

Take a walk with your husband, kids, dogs. Get out and enjoy the world. One thing I am really looking forward to do is rollerblading down the side walk in San Diego. Going rock climbing and yes even breaking a nail while I do it. :D

Please really think before you do something. At the end if you choose to take the pills and it works for you great. Honestly I am happy for you. But if I did not tell my story and someone took them and something major happened I would live with the guilt for the rest of my life that I did not tell you about the bad things that could happen.

We all have a " superwoman " complex that nothing will ever happen to us. Well something can happen and it could be too late.

I am so not here to preech please do not take offense.

I have struggles like everyone and that is why I got the lap band. One of the major reasons I did it was becasue with a enlarged heart as it is, the extra weight was making it worse. I have said Nov 11/2007 I had a heart attack. What I have not told you is I have had 2. August 15h was my 2nd. The day before my 32nd b-day. I never prayed so hard to see my birthday. Thats not even counting all the other times that I had mini heart attacks. I think if I added them up I would need 2 hands. And for what, to look better in pics, to loose weight faster?

Let the band work for you.. Work with it. Think of it this way, even if you loose a lb a month. It is a lb you have lost and not gained.

Julie

I bought some one-a-day vitamins with green tea extract in them a few years ago. Whatever was in it made me itch something awful. I had to go to the doctor to get something for the itching.

Also, I can think of a few times many years ago when I would drink herb tea and be in the bathroom throwing up 30 minutes later. My point being, just because it is natural, does not mean that YOUR body cannot have a bad reaction to it.

I do not like taking the drugs I have to take to get better when I am sick. All medicine has side or "other" effects. The dosages are probably so small as to be generally recommended as safe but...

I'm with Lisa on this one. Just be really careful what you put in your bodies. We want you all around for a long time, posting on the forum and enjoying your new lapband life.

Dawn