MAY SURGERIES AND FILLS

I had my surgery April 7th...MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER THAN A C-SECTION!!! Hardest thing for me was the 1st week of liquids!

Anyway...I am getting my first fill on Wednesday, May 13th! Can't wait!

Oh Thank YOU! for telling me - that's exactly what I was thinking it would be like - #-o

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY! I have a banding buddy! I am having my surgery on May 8th too!

I quit smoking today and this has to be the LONGEST DAY of my life!

I still have to send my info to get hotel booked and all that stuff. I will probably

ask for the marriott as my hotel preference.

Kate from Los Angeles

I hope you are using the Chantix - OMG! it's the best! I smoked a pack a day for 31 years 3 weeks on C hantix and I So DONE! smoking, I have tried 4 other times - BUT this time I so know I go it beat!

I sent all my stuff in and my DP, but I didn't get any Hotel info - Am I suppose too?

Surgery confirmed for May 15th!!! I'm booked at the Marriott June 14th and June 16th. I started my pre-op diet on the 21st. EAS Advantage Shake (only 110 cals girls!!!) for 2 meals and then a lean cuisine with salad. It's not bad except for the headaches. I'm dreading the post-op diet of clear liquids only. That sounds depressing. I'm definately going to pack light (carry on only)!! I'm going to pack elastic capris, Ts and sweat shirts. I'm not sure what the incisions will look like. I googled it and there appears to be 4. For those of you getting your fills: How many incisions and do you have scars?

Surgery confirmed for May 15th!!! I'm booked at the Marriott June 14th and June 16th. I started my pre-op diet on the 21st. EAS Advantage Shake (only 110 cals girls!!!) for 2 meals and then a lean cuisine with salad. It's not bad except for the headaches. I'm dreading the post-op diet of clear liquids only. That sounds depressing. I'm definately going to pack light (carry on only)!! I'm going to pack elastic capris, Ts and sweat shirts. I'm not sure what the incisions will look like. I googled it and there appears to be 4. For those of you getting your fills: How many incisions and do you have scars?

(((((((((((((((((Bell)))))))))))))))))))

It's good to meet you! I'm getting mentally ready to cut over to my pre op as well. I can't wait to hear more about your journey.

:o Is anyone else worried about this swine flu? I'm not worried about getting it. I'm worried about a travel ban being put in place. Eeeekkkk!!!!!

It's caught my attention, but since I won't be heading there till 5/19, I'd let it run it's corse, And see as it got closer to my date

I'm looking at May 7th for surgery. Excited and have my eye on this current flu outbreak. Unsure if things will be happening as scheduled but keeping fingers crossed.

No I'm a bit worried A BOUT CATCHING IT!!! How can you not?

I have 5 incision scars. The one that the port was placed is the largest and is about an inch in length. The others are very small. The port site stays tender for a lot longer than the others. In fact I don't think the others even bothered me at all. At times wearing a bra does cause a little irritation on the tiny one at the center of my upper part of my stomach area pretty much just below my sternum. It does not always bother me and hardly worth mentioning. I wish my port was located a little more to the center because it seems awfully close to my ribs. It has gotten better and I am less concern about it than I was in the early weeks after the surgery.

On another note. I will be staying at the Lucerna from the 14th until the 17th. I would love to meet up with anyone that is going to be at the OCC during that time.

Good luck to all that are being banded or going for a fill.

Kim

I've been on a (modified) pre-op diet for a week now. I have the shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and then a lean cuisine for dinner. I have been eating 2 slices of bread with the lean cuisine though <_< so I would feel full. At first I was all excited but now I think about eating all day. Not eating bad stuff mind you.....just eating until I feel full. And to make it all worse I have only lost like 1 pound. :angry: Oh well. I have been reading some other forums about lapband and some people have a very hard time. Alot of people have gotten theirs removed (to the tune of $14,000 mind you). I'm having second thoughts especially with this swine flu. I work with very old sick people here in Hawaii and do not want to be the 1st person to bring this flu to the islands. It's not TJ that I'm worried about. It's the airplane flight. Recycled air.....you know all about it. It's a very tough situation. What do all the other May banders/fillers think? Are you going through with it or are you guys going to wait until this flu clears up? :huh:

I've been on a (modified) pre-op diet for a week now. I have the shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and then a lean cuisine for dinner. I have been eating 2 slices of bread with the lean cuisine though <_< so I would feel full. At first I was all excited but now I think about eating all day. Not eating bad stuff mind you.....just eating until I feel full. And to make it all worse I have only lost like 1 pound. :angry: Oh well. I have been reading some other forums about lapband and some people have a very hard time. Alot of people have gotten theirs removed (to the tune of $14,000 mind you). I'm having second thoughts especially with this swine flu. I work with very old sick people here in Hawaii and do not want to be the 1st person to bring this flu to the islands. It's not TJ that I'm worried about. It's the airplane flight. Recycled air.....you know all about it. It's a very tough situation. What do all the other May banders/fillers think? Are you going through with it or are you guys going to wait until this flu clears up? :huh:

it just seems to get worse - SIGH!

But if I do not go down for the 19th I will then go the second week in June. Swine flu won't stop me from getting the band - but may delay it... here in NYC it's up to 66 cases & growning every day........... now Mexico had ordered businesses to close, so I will keep watching...

Oh and I am flying into SAN and I think their cases are going fast too & yes it's all about the recycled air on the plane for me too

Can you wear a mask on the plane to help with the recycled air?

The kind I am thinking about are the ones you can buy at Lowes or home depot to use during housing projects or I see some people wearing them here in SC to help with their allergies.

Do you think it will help?

My mom just got back from Vegas and she has been sick for a week.

How many incisions and do you have scars?

I am almost 3 years post op and I can barley see my scars!

I do remember that after surgery they will have a little gooey stuff on them that holds the skin together instead of stitches. It comes off soon after in the shower with warm water. They will tell you all about it at the hospital.

If I was tiny (am not) and was planning on exposing myself in a bikini (in my dreams :-) I don't think anyone would notice my scars!

:-)

I just heard on the radio that this swine flu thing wasn't airborn,, that means you have to come in contact with a droplet or a person.. Masks won't do anything for you since its not airborn

That's what I heard about the masks too..................

it's all about the sneezing, coughing, that it's alive in moisture, BUT is someone sneezes and the air is being recycled won't that go through the vents and then spread through the plane? It will still be alive............ ?????????? Any thoughts anyone??????

well - I already have my band in...but Im going on may surgeriess cuz Im supposed to have PS May 20th...Im supposed to fly down May 18th....grrrr

get this cleared up!!!

Hey CB,, are you going to Cosmed? Say hi to everyone down there if you are. Also,, don't forget to take some before and after pics. We'd all love to see the old and new you.

Had to switch my fill date from May 13th to May 20th. Looking forward to that fill!