MAY SURGERIES AND FILLS

((Shiney))

I went alone. It's an empowering feeling. The people at OCC and the hotel will take great care of you. You will have the other bandsters there for you too!!! The only difficulty I had was placing calls to the US from the hotel. OCC lets you make all the US calls you want so take advantage of that when you are there. Good luck!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Shiney))

I went alone. It's an empowering feeling. The people at OCC and the hotel will take great care of you. You will have the other bandsters there for you too!!! The only difficulty I had was placing calls to the US from the hotel. OCC lets you make all the US calls you want so take advantage of that when you are there. Good luck!!!

I hear ya, I'm really OK with the whole situation. Not only that But Tracey and I land in SAN 25 minutes apart, And we requested to have our rooms next to each other, we both get band the same day too............ Plus I got Robbyn that I will met too, So I really am So ok with everything, Plus I'm staying a extra day just to relax and do nothing.............

Hey guys! I'm new to this board. I just had my surgery May 12! After the liquid protein diet before surgery I felt amazing. It's been 5 days since my surgery and I am starting to get back to that. It's an exciting time but boy, a lot of changes! I'm not sure when I will have my first fill... maybe 4-5 weeks? I'll be going to my post-op in a couple days and find out more.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Kelly))))))))))))))))))))))))))

It's great to meet you. Welcome to the world of the banded. I can't wait to join you. How are you feeling?

Well I just had a bump in my road to TJ. My poor Friend Milena that was coming with me her dad was rushed to the hospital, He lives in Bulgaria and has days maybe a few weeks to live -

She tells me he has Kilskin tumor ( which I don't think is the right name cause I can't seem to find it when I google that word) But anyway I will be traveling alone now & my husband wants me to cancel, Which I don't want to............... :((

((((((((((((((((((((Shiney))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Milena. I hope her father is doing better. Hang in there. Pretty soon we'll all be there together to support each other.

((((((((((((((((((((Shiney))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Milena. I hope her father is doing better. Hang in there. Pretty soon we'll all be there together to support each other.

It's a shame but he is not doing better & won't he has days to live and is 59!

But Hey guess what I just came here it chieck in and tell ya all I'm getting my boys off to school & getting ready for my flight

So I'll see ya in Mexico..........

~Muah~

Lena

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm still just over 4 lbs heavier than I was two months ago at the time of my last pre op but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. When I follow the way it's designed today and tomorrow and fast the day of my pre op tests I know I'll lose the 4 lbs plus a smidge more I imagine.

I wanted to give out my contact but I can't figure out how to send more than 1 pm a day so I'm just going to post it here.

Cell: 650.278.0158

Email: robbynnoel@gmail.com

Facebook: See below link

Husband: Jeff

Hotel: Marriott

Arrival: 5/21

Departure: 5/24

I can't believe after all of this time researching and planning, it's almost time!

Tracy, Robbynnoel and Shiney

Good luck to you 3 ladies that either have your surgery today or are going to have it soon. Let us know how it goes!!!!!

Hi all! Well we made it to Chula Vista last night and we will be heading to border in a few to meet mexicoach. Im still nervous but more excited than anything :)

Hey everyone, :-h

Hope all is well with everyone!

I see Deanna you got banded early good going. =D> I’m getting all packed tonight my brother and I will head out @ 6:30 am to meet our ride at the airport and should be at the OCC around 8ish. They said I will have my pre-op test when I get there, I don’t know what time I will get banded. Hopefully I will get to still meet everyone before you leave.

Good news I was so worried about losing 3 more pounds for my 5%, I was able to drop that and 6 more as of this morning. It wasn’t easy, so much temptation at work with in-service lunches this week. My protein drink tasted sooooo good! Ya right! I knew that the new me was just waiting to break free!

See you tomorrow,

~Linda

Well they banded me today! Everything went smooth and everyone is so nice. It was great meeting Robbyn and Jeff and I met 4 other people getting banded and 2 are twins!

(((((((((((((((((Deanna))))))))))))))))))

I'm so happy everything went well. I saw Tracy and Lena last night and they showed me their scars. They looked wonderful and they even went shopping yesterday.

I guess I'll see you briefly before you are discharged today, if not, maybe we'll connect up again tomorrow when I'm discharged.

xo

Hey Ladies

Lena & I are holding down the fort!

See Ya's when you get here!

(((((((((((((((((((((Tracy))))))))))))))))))

Thank you so much for being so kind to me when I arrived Thursday. I hope you are feeling well and your trip home was good.

xo

Hi all! Well we made it to Chula Vista last night and we will be heading to border in a few to meet mexicoach. Im still nervous but more excited than anything :)

((((((((((((((((((Deanna))))))))))))))))))))

How are you feeling? Please keep in touch.

xo

hi everyone I am new here and I just had my surgery 5/21 dr. ortiez and his staff were awesome and the facility was excellent I was so scared and the great welcome put me at ease my only hurdle now is the mental hunger :(

((((((((((((((((Klymatica))))))))))))))))))

Hugs. We must have crossed paths in the lobby but never officially met. I hope you are feeling a little better. Mental hunger will be a challenge. Have you purchased any Special K Protein Water yet? That might help.

xo

I think I may be having a little redness with my port incision, the stuff that Doc O put on is just about gone. It started about 2 days ago with today being the thrid day that I noticed the stuff coming off. It is still slightly opened & I can see a little clear wettness - BUT it's NOT ozzing- it just doesn't look like the smaller ones. They look great closed and the stuff is still on, Should I be rubbing it off?

Can a few people explain to me what theirs looks like....

Anyone out there I'm opened to your thoughts

I think I may be having a little redness with my port incision, the stuff that Doc O put on is just about gone. It started about 2 days ago with today being the thrid day that I noticed the stuff coming off. It is still slightly opened & I can see a little clear wettness - BUT it's NOT ozzing- it just doesn't look like the smaller ones. They look great closed and the stuff is still on, Should I be rubbing it off?

Can a few people explain to me what theirs looks like....

Anyone out there I'm opened to your thoughts

Hello Shiney,

One of the things Dr. O said to me was not to pick at or rub off the adhesive stuff on my incision sites or scratch at them.

I would call the OCC or e-mail them with any concerns. Maybe your Doc at home could give you a prescription for some Bactroban, it’s an antibiotic ointment. We use it in our wound clinic good stuff.

My sites all look great, except for the nasty bruise around the one where they gave the heparin shot. I was banded on the 22nd of this month.

I hope this helps a little,

~Linda

Hello Shiney,

One of the things Dr. O said to me was not to pick at or rub off the adhesive stuff on my incision sites or scratch at them.

I would call the OCC or e-mail them with any concerns. Maybe your Doc at home could give you a prescription for some Bactroban, it’s an antibiotic ointment. We use it in our wound clinic good stuff.

My sites all look great, except for the nasty bruise around the one where they gave the heparin shot. I was banded on the 22nd of this month.

I hope this helps a little,

~Linda

Hi - I got 2 days on you... Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo --- I have Not picked, rubbed or scratched them, I remember the cute shortish Young doctor saying , Not to full emerge in water & to just let the shower hit them, But being that I was under the influence (LOL) I was hoping I didn’t miss something.....

When I posted I had just came out of the shower, Tho the stuff if 3/4's gone I think the wetness I saw was most likely from just coming out of the shower & it is a bit opened

I just checked the port incision and it looks like it’s drying out even a little scab has formed - I think I’ll just hit my doctors Monday morning, for peace of mind......

OCC is great when you call them, so I just may give them a shout

Thanks

Hi - I got 2 days on you... Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo --- I have Not picked, rubbed or scratched them, I remember the cute shortish Young doctor saying , Not to full emerge in water & to just let the shower hit them, But being that I was under the influence (LOL) I was hoping I didn’t miss something.....

When I posted I had just came out of the shower, Tho the stuff if 3/4's gone I think the wetness I saw was most likely from just coming out of the shower & it is a bit opened

I just checked the port incision and it looks like it’s drying out even a little scab has formed - I think I’ll just hit my doctors Monday morning, for peace of mind......

OCC is great when you call them, so I just may give them a shout

Thanks

Glad to hear that it is doing better than you first thought.

Glad to hear that it is doing better than you first thought.

I shot them a e-mail, Just because I think I should cover it - It is still a bit opened & also I wouldn't want to make the scar worse- I'm just unsure what to do

So we shall see what they say