Been gone a bit

So it has been 5 months now since hubby and I got the band. He has lost a lot. I feel like I am at a stand still, so with that, I guess I have been off here a bit. Stepping back to look at the situation. I have determined I am under a huge amount of stress and I dont eat enough. My usual meals are a slim fast or a mocha or coffee in the morning. A salad for lunch or sometimes a sandwhich and sometimes I just have a slim fast for dinner or I have a lean cuisine. Obviouly this is not going to get me losing any weight. I am tracking my emotions during the month as well to see if the stress is causing me more anxiety. I am seeing over 20 people a day and I am attempting to learn spanish at the same time, trying to talk to people when I have no idea what I am saying, is stressing me out. Real Estate brokers, auto sales people, construction workers and bank personnel, all coming in to apply for benefits, is keeping me so busy I can't see straight. At the same time, it completely makes me upset that all this is happening and I am afraid for my job. They are talking about transferring me. I woke up one morning my band was so tight all I could eat was a slim fast, but it seemed to settle down after work. It has to be work.

Oh a good note and of course more stress, I finally got the nerve to put my foot down and yanked my mom from my sister so she would quit living off her social security. Mom and I decided that she wanted to move into a retirement home with her soc sec benefits. She is thrilled. She loves it. 3 meals a day cooked for her, maid service, her own place and all the activities she could ask for. My sister had her sleeping on the floor. She is doing so good at the retirement home. I am so happy for her but she calls me 3 times a day to tell me the things she is doing. And getting her set up, I have to go there 3 or 4 times a week because she needs something. I know it will settle down, it is just very demanding on me.

I'm sorry I am going on and on, I just wanted to check in and let people know I am still alive and the struggle continues. I still think getting the band was a good decision, I just wanted to have lost more weight then I have. Anyone who has any meal ideas, please send them to me. I have no idea what I could do to speed this up. Thanks

So it has been 5 months now since hubby and I got the band. He has lost a lot. I feel like I am at a stand still, so with that, I guess I have been off here a bit. Stepping back to look at the situation. I have determined I am under a huge amount of stress and I dont eat enough. My usual meals are a slim fast or a mocha or coffee in the morning. A salad for lunch or sometimes a sandwhich and sometimes I just have a slim fast for dinner or I have a lean cuisine. Obviouly this is not going to get me losing any weight. I am tracking my emotions during the month as well to see if the stress is causing me more anxiety. I am seeing over 20 people a day and I am attempting to learn spanish at the same time, trying to talk to people when I have no idea what I am saying, is stressing me out. Real Estate brokers, auto sales people, construction workers and bank personnel, all coming in to apply for benefits, is keeping me so busy I can't see straight. At the same time, it completely makes me upset that all this is happening and I am afraid for my job. They are talking about transferring me. I woke up one morning my band was so tight all I could eat was a slim fast, but it seemed to settle down after work. It has to be work.

Oh a good note and of course more stress, I finally got the nerve to put my foot down and yanked my mom from my sister so she would quit living off her social security. Mom and I decided that she wanted to move into a retirement home with her soc sec benefits. She is thrilled. She loves it. 3 meals a day cooked for her, maid service, her own place and all the activities she could ask for. My sister had her sleeping on the floor. She is doing so good at the retirement home. I am so happy for her but she calls me 3 times a day to tell me the things she is doing. And getting her set up, I have to go there 3 or 4 times a week because she needs something. I know it will settle down, it is just very demanding on me.

I'm sorry I am going on and on, I just wanted to check in and let people know I am still alive and the struggle continues. I still think getting the band was a good decision, I just wanted to have lost more weight then I have. Anyone who has any meal ideas, please send them to me. I have no idea what I could do to speed this up. Thanks

Hey Stormy.

I understand your frustrations as I plateaued for over a month lately. BUT, I recently set up an account on www.sparkpeople.com and have learned it to be very valuable to me! You can track your calories, and much more! Check it out today! It is free, and I promise you will love it! I noticed that I was only getting 800-900 calories a day & I am hoping that my weight will start dropping again! So, be encouraged, you can do this!

I am sorry to hear that things are crazy for you right now! Just remember that this is not a race to lose the weight it is a life journey. There will always be bumps in the road.

I have been thinking about you lately and I was happy to see that you had made a post.

In our toughest moments we need someone to talk to and lean on, we are all here for you. Sometime writing it down makes all the difference.

Wishing you all the best,

Jenelle

Wow it sounds like you have a lot on your plate and none of it is easy! I truly hope that the forum will be able to help you to get some of the stress off of your chest and deal with all of the craziness. But just like BandDiva said you might need to monitor you calorie intake, it sounds like you are not eating ENOUGH!! I use my Lose It app on the iphone, but in the past I used the Daily Plate and Live Strong.com which have every food imaginable and exercises, they are great sites also. Try tracking how many calories you are taking in, never going below that 1200 mark because as I have been learning recently it can make a huge difference. I hope things get better with you and know you will always have the forum!! Good Luck! Don't get discouraged!

Jacklyn!

Hey girl, so nice to see you post again!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed your smiling face.

I am SOOO glad to hear you finally got your mom to move. I know that has been a problem with your sister for a long time and I know your mom will be so much better off. I am so proud of you for sticking to all of this and getting your moms life back in order. You are very very caring and a wonderful daughter.

As for the stress, I am sorry for that and I know you work in a very tough job. I can only imagine how hard it is to hear about everyone's bad situations with this economy. It does sound like you are not eating enough at all. Your body thinks it is starving and is holding on to all the fat it can. Try to eat more and at regular intervals each day. (I jus leanred that at the occ this week).

Anyway, so glad to have you back!