Sneezing - With the lapband

Hello,

Today i sneezed :mellow: , not a big feat by any stretch of the imagination :rolleyes: .

However i am a week and a half into my banding and I sneezed. The pain i felt was like the strongest contractions at the port area. It felt like there was a metal ball inside me that was convulsing or something it was excruciating. After 10 minutes it went away. Later on i sneezed again (luck me - not) and the same thing happened.

Did any of you banders feel pain or contraction type spasms near the port when sneezing? Is this normal?

It weels like the port did about a hundres summersaults.... I cant stop sneezing right o_0.......

Thanks for your guidance.

Hello,

Today i sneezed :mellow: , not a big feat by any stretch of the imagination :rolleyes: .

However i am a week and a half into my banding and I sneezed. The pain i felt was like the strongest contractions at the port area. It felt like there was a metal ball inside me that was convulsing or something it was excruciating. After 10 minutes it went away. Later on i sneezed again (luck me - not) and the same thing happened.

Did any of you banders feel pain or contraction type spasms near the port when sneezing? Is this normal?

It weels like the port did about a hundres summersaults.... I cant stop sneezing right o_0.......

Thanks for your guidance.

It goes away after about a month. The port is just sensitive for awhile.

Oh yeah I remember that pain well! Yes it will subside and no worries. I do agree putting a pillow over it helps a lot. I've had two heart surgeries and that is what I did then too with my incisions and it helps a TON!

I had my first sneeze today, and OUCH! I am hoping it will get better as time goes on, but for now I hope not to sneeze for a very very long time...... :rolleyes: