1st Fill, Finally

Trav

After months of not being able to make it back down to TJ, I broke down and went to a local doctor. (The doctor I wanted to go to here couldn't get me in till the middle of March)

The doctor I went to in Cushing, OK was Peter Lafon, and while I had hesitations, (he does have a fatality as a result of surgery, always check on your Dr.'s history)....the fill went off fine. Good technique. Got the fill done, without fluoro which concerned me also...but 3cc's and it was done, and I've already lost 4lbs in 2days....perfect amount of restriction for me, and I'm g2g.

Hey Trav!

A lady on another thread was posting regarding her husband and his weight gain with the band. It looks like he went to the doctor for his surgery that you just went to for your fill. They do not seem too happy with him. You mention in your post there is another doctor in your area that you couldn't get into see right away. She might be interested in that person's name, if you are willing.

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=65441

Just puttin' it out there. Thanks--Diana

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Trav!

A lady on another thread was posting regarding her husband and his weight gain with the band. It looks like he went to the doctor for his surgery that you just went to for your fill. They do not seem too happy with him. You mention in your post there is another doctor in your area that you couldn't get into see right away. She might be interested in that person's name, if you are willing.

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=65441

Just puttin' it out there. Thanks--Diana

Joe Bob Kirk in Tulsa, I believe.

• 1 month later...

Well, you are lucky to have a local dr. I have to drive to Kansas, from Minneapolis. There is an OCC fill center in the south metro here, but they don't use fluroscopy. But is is worth the drive, because the Kansas dr. is great, and reasonably priced, and uses fluro. I have only had one fill, and am still (this will likely be a lifelong struggle for me) trying to get a handle on head hunger vs. real hunger.

• 1 month later...
Well, you are lucky to have a local dr. I have to drive to Kansas, from Minneapolis. There is an OCC fill center in the south metro here, but they don't use fluroscopy. But is is worth the drive, because the Kansas dr. is great, and reasonably priced, and uses fluro. I have only had one fill, and am still (this will likely be a lifelong struggle for me) trying to get a handle on head hunger vs. real hunger.

Where is the Kansas doctor located if you don't mind sharing?

• 1 month later...
After months of not being able to make it back down to TJ, I broke down and went to a local doctor. (The doctor I wanted to go to here couldn't get me in till the middle of March)

The doctor I went to in Cushing, OK was Peter Lafon, and while I had hesitations, (he does have a fatality as a result of surgery, always check on your Dr.'s history)....the fill went off fine. Good technique. Got the fill done, without fluoro which concerned me also...but 3cc's and it was done, and I've already lost 4lbs in 2days....perfect amount of restriction for me, and I'm g2g.

Hi Trav...I have googled my doctor and ran various searches on him. It hasn't turned up anything though. Is there a particular way you check to see if your doctor has had fatalities? Thanks :)

Susan