Camino Real Tijuana hotel - anyone stay there

The OCC tried to switch over to that hotel in May of 2008, nobody liked it, it didn't have a pool and not as nice as the Lucerna, so they switched back.

Most people requested to stay at the Lucerna, Myself included.

The OCC tried to switch over to that hotel in May of 2008, nobody liked it, it didn't have a pool and not as nice as the Lucerna, so they switched back.

Most people requested to stay at the Lucerna, Myself included.

I'm the one that gave it the death blow. I happened to be in TJ in May and the OCC sent me in to check and review the place. I stayed there for a couple days. Needless to say,, as far as I know, the OCC doesn't use the Camino and I don't know why it's still posted at the OCC website. IT SUCKED!!!

I saw that this hotel is on the OCC site...anyone stay there before?

http://www.caminoreal.com/tijuana_i/main.php

As I was telling Cbandster,, I found a nice place a couple blocks behind the Lucerna,, it's called the hotel Real Del Rio. It has just been remodeled and the pictures looked great. I can't say I've personally stayed there,, but it was going to be the hotel we were going to use for the "Band Camp 2009" get together till that fell apart. The managers name is Pablo, and his room rate was priced somewhere between $55 and $60 US. This is his email address, hospedaje@realdelrio.com

I think I am going to try that hotel dolittle - in a few weeks when I go back.

Oh - one of the guys at the lucerna was such a jerk to us. He wouldnt even let our friends come up to our room to get us to go shopping. That actually happened twice - and he was NOT nice about it. Everyone else was great. But if I have to see that guy again - Ill snap....he was one of the rudest people I have ever met. Its too bad cuz I really liked the lucerna.

I will try that other hotel - and if its not up to par, then back to the lucerna I will go - but its worth a try!

Ill miss the chicken fajitas though lol

I found the staff at Lucerna to be very friendly and accommodating. Nice place too. I'm basically friendly and easy going and tip well so that may have played a part too. If you're of similar mindset and the guy was still a jerk there's definitely a problem. I wonder if his days as an employee there are numbered.

I am like you zeus - easy going, friendly, tip good - that guy was just an ass. Figured I would take a shot at the other hotel...Ill let you guys know how it goes!

I found the staff at Lucerna to be very friendly and accommodating. Nice place too. I'm basically friendly and easy going and tip well so that may have played a part too. If you're of similar mindset and the guy was still a jerk there's definitely a problem. I wonder if his days as an employee there are numbered.