Can you tell me.....

Hello,

I'm hoping to get the lap ban surgery this summer. I've been obese for a while, and I've tried just about everything to lose weight. I was wondering if anyone could tell me, all I would need to know about this surgery? I would be very grateful. Thank-you. :D

Bria ~ There is so much to know about this surgery. Like the canadian bandster said, its so difficult to know what to say unless you are more specific in what you want to know. Go to the OCC website and read everything you can there - - definitely do your research before making a decision. What I CAN tell you, without a doubt, is that OCC and Dr. Ortiz are the BEST for this surgery. OCC is top notch and you will not receive better care from any surgery center in the US. Dr. Ortiz has been doing lap band surgery since it was approved even before it was approved in the USA. He is a proctor for other Dr's here in the states, meaning that he trains other doctors to do this surgery. He is THE best Dr. without question.

Other than that, its really up to YOU to do the research and find the answers you are looking for. Its going to take a lot of time and effort on yor part, but its really what you have to do make an informed decision. Read posts here on lapbandforum, email loribecky or renee - - they have TONS of information and they are the ones you will deal with to schedule surgery and answer any questions you have. Read up on OCC website and you can even order Dr. Ortiz's book all about lapband surgery.

Good luck in your endeavor and hopefully you will be able to make this happen

Ditto! Take lots of time to check the OCC website and also read through here. I got a notebook and spent hours and hours reading through months of posts in here and took notes and read everything I could get my hands on. Then, if there are still specific questions you have ask away - we are here to help!