I'm almost all in for having VSG surgery at OCC in the spring but I keep reading so many forums and watching so many you tube videos it's starting to make my head spin! I do have a few questions if some of you could let me know your experiences that would be awesome!
I have inquired about having surgery on a Monday and could fly home as early as Thursday.
1. What day did you have your port removed and do a leak test?
2. Did the leak test make you have diarrhea? (Just thinking if I should spend an extra day there because the idea of being sick like that on a plane sounds like 0 fun)
3. Did you need to take blood thinners for flying so soon after surgery?
4. Is it true that after surgery you tend to have a lot more gas? Even months after surgery.
5. I have PCOS which is a contributing factor as to why I'm considering this surgery. I'm not wanting kids just to be a healthy weight.....for once. Anyone else out there have PCOS and the surgery? How is your journey going?
6. Is it realistic to be able to go to work a week post op?
7. I have zero desire to tell anyone I'm having this surgery, is going there solo etc okay? Were you able to drive yourself home after you made it back?
8. I've heard there can be a lot of pain even months after surgery, eating different foods etc is this the rule or the exception?
9. If you've had the surgery knowing what you know now what is one piece of advice you wish you could have given your self pre-surgery?
10. How uncomfortable was flying? If driving was an option would that have been easier? When flying would you have waiting more time been a better idea or was it okay to go when you were cleared?
Thanks in advance, I know that's a lot of questions but there is so much to consider! I understand vsg is just a tool I get that part and I'm ready to put in the work again and finally be successful! I want to have my own transformation story!! <3 thanks again and take care!