Looking for a good doctor in San Francisco/ Bay Area

Please help!!

I'm considering having Lap Band surgery and looking for a good doctor in San Francisco or Bay Area. Since i'm paying from my own packet price is matter too.

I have found 2 doctors in San Francisco that are not too expensive, but i don't know anything about them...

Can anybody please recommend a doctor, or maybe someone had LB surgery done by by the doctors below..

Thank you

Mila

Lap Band San Francisco – SF Bariatric Surgeon

Weight Loss Surgeon Directory > San Francisco Weight Loss Surgeons

Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco

Paul T. Cirangle and Gregg H. Jossart

(877) 362-0630 2100 Webster Street, Suite 100

San Francisco, California 94115

Other Locations: San Jose, Stockton

Eureka & Sacramento

I am not familiar with anyone in the Bay Area, but I would (and did) make the trip to Dr. Ortiz and the OCC. They are the best and I am almost 100% positive that it will be less expensive for you there. Good luck on your search.

I am not familiar with anyone in the Bay Area, but I would (and did) make the trip to Dr. Ortiz and the OCC. They are the best and I am almost 100% positive that it will be less expensive for you there. Good luck on your search.

Thank you for your reply. I see lots of people here went to see Dr. Ortiz. Do people get better results, faster weight loss after dr. Ortiz?

May i ask you how much you paid for the surgery ? ( you don't have to answer if you don't want to)

Thank you

Mila

Thank you for your reply. I see lots of people here went to see Dr. Ortiz. Do people get better results, faster weight loss after dr. Ortiz?

May i ask you how much you paid for the surgery ? ( you don't have to answer if you don't want to)

Thank you

Mila

I live in Stockton and I also went to the OCC. No people don't get better results, just better service and experience in my opinion. They are awesome and helpful and great! They don't like us to price post so I would just call and ask. Lori is one of the care coordinators and she's great. Also FYI I just found a good fill doc in Novato so you wouldn't have to go down to TJ for all your fills....

Karen

Hello

I used the two these two sites to search for doctors, and after extensive search Dr. Ortiz at the OCC has incredible ratings and feeback...(and not to mention a great price!!)

http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/11

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,doclisting/type,LapBand/ <---- you can search for a doctor in close to your area and it also has feedback ratings from patients.

Best Wishes!

Bella

Thank you

Mila

Hello Mila,

I received this quote from the OCC:

"The cost of the procedure includes the following services:

1.Three surgeon team – all of our surgeries are assisted by surgeons including an anesthesiologist.

2.One night stay at our surgical center, 2 days if needed.

3.Operating room costs

4.All preoperative evaluations and tests

5.Adjustable Gastric Band Implant

6.Two nights at a 5 Star Hotel (3 nights for your companion)

7.Transportation to and from the airport or pick up on the US side of the border parking.

8.Nutritional counseling

9.No charge for one companion to accompany you. The hotel room is provided to your guest at no additional charge for the night that you are in the hospital and the rest of your stay.

10. Fill Adjustments and Follow up care for life (additional fee of $100 for fluoroscopy)

11. Complimentary Dental Exam (we also offer discounts to those family members or companions traveling with you!)

*For a limited time, we are offering a special rate of $7300 "

It's almost half of the cost of the other quotes I received in California!

Bella

Hello Mila,

I received this quote from the OCC:

"The cost of the procedure includes the following services:

1.Three surgeon team – all of our surgeries are assisted by surgeons including an anesthesiologist.

2.One night stay at our surgical center, 2 days if needed.

3.Operating room costs

4.All preoperative evaluations and tests

5.Adjustable Gastric Band Implant

6.Two nights at a 5 Star Hotel (3 nights for your companion)

7.Transportation to and from the airport or pick up on the US side of the border parking.

8.Nutritional counseling

9.No charge for one companion to accompany you. The hotel room is provided to your guest at no additional charge for the night that you are in the hospital and the rest of your stay.

10. Fill Adjustments and Follow up care for life (additional fee of $100 for fluoroscopy)

11. Complimentary Dental Exam (we also offer discounts to those family members or companions traveling with you!)

*For a limited time, we are offering a special rate of $7300 "

It's almost half of the cost of the other quotes I received in California!

Bella

Thank you for all the information Bella. You right, it's really good deal!!! I'm still waiting for the call from the docrors office i mentioned in my first post. When i first call and talk to the nurse, she told me that their price for LB is between 6-9 thousand $ and that's include 5 years of maintenance.

I'll let you know if that is true after i talk to them :-)

Mila

I live in Stockton and I also went to the OCC. No people don't get better results, just better service and experience in my opinion. They are awesome and helpful and great! They don't like us to price post so I would just call and ask. Lori is one of the care coordinators and she's great. Also FYI I just found a good fill doc in Novato so you wouldn't have to go down to TJ for all your fills....

Karen

Thank you Karen for your post!

How long did you had your LB done? Did you last weight?

Karen

Karen sorry, i just notice below your name how much weight you lost. Great job!!!

Hello

I used the two these two sites to search for doctors, and after extensive search Dr. Ortiz at the OCC has incredible ratings and feeback...(and not to mention a great price!!)

http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/11

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,doclisting/type,LapBand/ <---- you can search for a doctor in close to your area and it also has feedback ratings from patients.

Best Wishes!

Bella

Bella

those search sides that you gave me, helped me sssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! Thank Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read about my doctors and they are awsome and i don't have to travel far:-)))).

Thank you again

Mila