Half a Burger - What to do at BBQs?

How do you make half a burger at a BBQ?

I tried doing that and half the people there looked at me like I was being rude.

Any ideas?

I hate wasting food.

How do you make half a burger at a BBQ?

I tried doing that and half the people there looked at me like I was being rude.

Any ideas?

I hate wasting food.

I hate wasting food, too. But I've been looked at funny so, I just take the whole burger and cut it into four pieces. I'll eat half and take the other half home, or give it to someone who's hungry for more burger.

UGH! It's also one of my pet peeves I hate to do...wasting food! Knowing that I can't eat it, is even worst. I would do exactly what Angela said. But most of everyone I am around with knows I was banded and they understand what I am going through. It's funny though...when they know I am coming to the potluck or BBQ, they ALWAYS find foods for me to 'nibble' on! LOL...good hearted people.

As I can't eat soft breads (only toasts, bagels, wheat thins, or certain crackers) I do a lot of foil cooking at BBQs. I simply put my cut up meat (in bite size) in the center of my foil (sprayed with Pam), add veggies of my choice, and then season with whatever spices I want (I never use salt) and depending on my taste buds at the time, I would maybe add a 1/2 teaspoon of marinade, BBQ sauce, juice, terriyaki sauce, or water, to make the meat tender and moist. This would help aid me eating softer foods and not get my meat stuck! After all the ingredients are in with the meat, then just 'french seam' the foil down to the meat/veggie mixture and fold in the sides and throw it in the fire and cook! Since the meat is already cut up, it won't take long before you have it on your plate!

As you can guess, I LOVE foil cooking!! I also do the same with zip lock baggie - omelet in a bag! Simple...easy peasy!

Enjoy! Jazzy!!

I just eat the meat with a salad (you can wrap it in lettuce too if you want) and tell people I've cut out carbs- which is pretty much the truth. Some people know about my band, but when someone asks how I have lost weight and I don't know them well, or other people are around, I usually say that I eat small portions and no carbs `cause that is what I do!

Sabrina:)

I was just at a BBQ the other night and I also took 1/3 of a chicken breast and cut it up real good and put it in the salad. It was perfect. Since my last fill I was worried about BBQ chicken b/c it didn't have a lot of sauce on it, so the salad dressing helped.

I also will take a whole burger patty and then just what I don't eat I don't eat. If i'm a little tight i'll do no meat and eat baked beans or stuff like that. I also get weird looks and questions, but just say i'm not really hungry or that I had just eaten recently and that suffices folks usually.

Do you have children? If so, can you "split" the burger with them? When my nephews are around I can usually get one of them to agree to split an adult meal with me - they think they are pretty big stuff when we do this. Honestly, if you only fix half a burger and leave the other half on the tray, the food will probably still be wasted because I seriously doubt anyone will take the other half.

I Just give the other half to my husband, son or the dog uner the table........... LOL

But really I just would cut it in half and leave the other half there.... And I've been called worse things and talked about behind my back (I'm Sure of) had rolling eyes before, that I really care less...

I don't see the big deal in cutting a hot dog or cheese burger in half and leaving the other half for someone else. It most likely will go

I don't like waasting food, But I do waste a ton, I try to give it to the cleaning lady, We rarely eat left overs

Do you have children? If so, can you "split" the burger with them? When my nephews are around I can usually get one of them to agree to split an adult meal with me - they think they are pretty big stuff when we do this. Honestly, if you only fix half a burger and leave the other half on the tray, the food will probably still be wasted because I seriously doubt anyone will take the other half.

Oh And I find that people do take the other half specially woman,

AMEN Lindsay! That is exactly how I feel! I do the salad thing too with the meat on top like others have mentioned as I don't eat much/any bread. I also have a growing 10 year old boy who loves my half of anything. :rolleyes:

AMEN Lindsay! That is exactly how I feel! I do the salad thing too with the meat on top like others have mentioned as I don't eat much/any bread. I also have a growing 10 year old boy who loves my half of anything. :rolleyes:

I hear ya there! I have a 24 year old brother that lives with me who LOVES that he gets all my leftovers! :D

Have I mentioned (again) how great it is that I found this forum?

Thank you, all of you!

Yup that's what I'm talkin about too, Between my husband my 18yrs & soon to be 16 yrs old son Someone will split something with me

Side bar-

I'd like to kill my husband he brought home a case of Pepperidge farm Milano's along with Choc. Chunk Macadamia... It's really so bad! Some one gave them to him there's just so many!