Overnight stays for Fills

Im having my second fill this Saturday and I have a few quesitons --

1) Im staying overnight bc were making a weekend of it, and also, want to make sure I am not too tight the next morning. The last time I was @ OCC for a fill, they told me to go back to full liquids for 3 days, but I want to make sure Im not too tight, so should I attempt solids the next morning before departure?

2) Sorta random but... for surgery, I stayed at the Lucerna and the food was included. Is that so for fill stays too? Im guessing NO but thought I'd ask anyway :)

3) Other than going shopping or to the movies, any other suggestions for fun/safe things to do on a warm Tijuana afternoon?

Thanks!

1) Im staying overnight bc were making a weekend of it, and also, want to make sure I am not too tight the next morning. The last time I was @ OCC for a fill, they told me to go back to full liquids for 3 days, but I want to make sure Im not too tight, so should I attempt solids the next morning before departure?

USUALLY YOU STAY ON LIQUIDS AFTER YOUR FIRST FILL. YOU SHOULD BE GOOD FOR A MEAL TO TEST THE WATERS AFTER THIS ONE :) GOOD LUCK

Dama, I will be at OCC on Saturday getting a fill also. It will be my first fill and I am curious about the process. What types of questions do they ask you? I am averaging around 4lbs a week lost since starting back on solids and don't really feel hungry very often. I am eating FAR less than I used to (easily a 1/3rd of what a normal adult meal would be) and it satisfies me.

When you guys say you are able to eat full size meals like you did pre-band, are you finding that out because you ARE eating full-size meals like you did pre-band? I guess I am just taking what Dr. Ortiz said very literally in that I am not testing the band at all. I eat solids, protein first, and when I feel any level of satisfaction, I stop.

Hi BT. I am on a low-carb diet and I always eat protein first. I eat nothin but protein! However, if I dont stop myself, I can eat just about as much as preop. The band only speaks to me if I eat too fast stuff that is harder, like a bite of pork chop or a chunk of cheese. Bread doesnt bother me, but then again, I dont eat bread anyway. But the band doesnt stop me from eating too much. And thats its job, isnt it?

Ive lost 35.5lbs incl preop, but I can't be sure if its bc of low-carb diet (which ive never tried before) or bc of the band...? I hope the band is doing its part, otherwise it was an expensive experiment and my savings is blown for no reason. i've read lots of boards, not just this one, and the concensus is that most ppl lose the majority of the weight once they get proper restriction, ie after the second or third fill.

I needed to lose 78.5lbs and ive lost 35.5lbs, almost half of it. Even if I got this far just relying on low-carb diet, I need the band to help me with the rest. I'd like to eat a more balanced diet, I dont need bread rice pasta but I dont like that this diet doesnt allow me to eat fruits other than berries occasionally. I miss yellow and orange veggies too, corn sweet potato squash parsnips, etc.

Long story short- no I dont have much restriction, I can still eat a lot. I find I overeat at restaurants, so i need the band to TELL me when to stop. Thats what I paid for. Right?

As far as the fill, I believe they ask if youve been feeling any discomfort, if you've been able to eat less, if you feel any restriction. The needle-prick hurt me, but according to most peeps, it doesnt hurt. Dunno, maybe this time will hurt less. If youve had any PB/stuck issues, I'd be sure to let them know. Its pretty rad to see your pouch and band on the screen. I was told to stay on liquids for 3 days following my first fill. I felt restriction for maybe a week and then gradually, nothing.

Any questions you have whatsoever regarding your band, write em down and ask, cuz the fill happens pretty quick. Dont expect answers too specific on diet, unless you can manage to see the nutritionist. I think shes off on saturdays though.

Good luck and be sure to post back here how it went!