Questions

canuk98828

Can someone please tell me what slimming and PBing are? Also, can you point me to the Post OP diet, I saw somewhere someone thought it was posted but did not know exactly where. I am going for surgery 8/3/10 and need to read all I can find.

Thanks

R

Can someone please tell me what slimming and PBing are? Also, can you point me to the Post OP diet, I saw somewhere someone thought it was posted but did not know exactly where. I am going for surgery 8/3/10 and need to read all I can find.

Thanks

R

I am having surgery this thursday and I was told by Dr Miranda that the post op diet is 21 days, consists of all liquids, protein shakes, soups, broths etc. I will get more info when I am there I am sure. I will let you know more once I know more. But you should email dr miranda for any questions.

Thanks

R

Slimming happens often when you have a bite of food "stuck" or in your esphogus that won't enter your stoma/pouch. (this could be from eating one bite to many or not chewing well enough.) It is a build up of saliva. However, slim is not to be confused with spit. Spit is spit, slime is a thicker mucus. When you see slim for the first time, it is interesting. I was shocked by the abilty of the body to lub its parts to get something to move. (this is only my personal take on slimming others may be different.)

Productive Burping - this is also when you have something stuck or have not chewed well enough, even taken a bite to many. Sometimes it is as simple as a burp that brings food back up to your mouth. It is a weird sounding burp, at least the ones that I have had sound discusting. I have also had the "soft productive burp" where I go to a sink, or trash can and flex my esohogus and while bending over, and viala - a blob of food particles/slim come up and out. Then there is the "hard productive burp" which reminds me of a vomit thrust. Much more forceful, also resulting in the food returning. Normally in the event of a Hard PB I heave a few times. It makes my band feel uncomfortable and I go to liquids. (only had this happen a few times, it gets your attention though.)

Hope I answered your questions about that.

I would also recommend you do a search with key words there have been some GREAT liquids posted to have during your liquids phase. I don't believe the OCC provided me with a list. Begin to look around at the store when you shop for different low calorie ideas. I wish I had had a better selection. I was ill prepaired.....

Boogysmom or something like that had a list she posted that was AWESOME....check it out.