Really struggling on food choices

ajb1111

I know that I am a very picky eater but I am really struggling with the food choices. I LOVE PIZZA!!!! That is my biggest struggle right now....I could eat pizza every day, but from what I understand we are never suppossed to have it again. I do not like very many vegetables or fruit so this is very hard for me right now. I am skipping meals instead of eating 3 meals a day....alot of times I am only having 1 small meal and am stuck at weight loss of 36 lbs. I am really getting discouraged because I did not pay all that money for only 36 lb loss.

If anyone has any advice to help me......PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to stray off of what we are supposed to eat but the only vegetables I like is peas, corn and potatoes and I know potatoes aree horrible for you. Also the fruit is only an apple once in a great while and bananas.....and can get burnt out real quick on this....I do not like rice or fish and can only eat so many chicken breasts......

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and can give me tips on helping.......

Thanks,

Ang-IL

First, Take a moment to celebrate 36 lb loss. That is a LOT. Congrats.

Next you really need to try to eat three meals a day, not just one. Really.

About pizza - whenever Im craving pizza, i make pizza quiche. once its cooled, i cut it into six slices and put each into a ziplock baggie. Then I have six meals that are band friendly, filling, and low cal. Plus, its tasty.

PIZZA QUICHE

4 eggs

2 egg whites

3 ounces whipped cream cheese

1/3 cup half and half

1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

2 T parmesan, grated

4 oz pizza sauce

3 oz turkey pepperoni, diced

4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use four part-skim string cheese sticks, chopped)

2 T black olives, chopped (optional)

Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream, spices, parmesan, and pizza sauce. Spray a 9-inch or larger glass baking dish with cooking spray. Put the pepperoni and olives in pan, then pour egg mixture over. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.

Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Number of Servings: 6

Thanks for the recipe on the pizza quiche......I will have to try that--sounds delicious (except for I will omit olives-I know-picky, picky)....

I appreciate the encouragement...This is really tuff since I don't like so much on different foods...

This forum is WONDERFUL for pick-ups...When I get down...I try to read quite a bit on here and that helps alot..You all are so great at helping each other....

Thanks again....and will definately be trying this!!

Hi there...first off I agree the best way to sabatoge your weight loss is by only eating once a day. Even if it is protein shakes get those calories and nutrients in!!!

I am almost 2 years out and have great restriction and I still eat pizza from time to time. I only do that crispy thin crust and I have no problems. I've also seen recipes where people will make a "pizza" or sorts on a tortilia and things like that. Just experiement and find what works for you.

I have always been a picky eater too, but i've recently been forcing myself to try some new things and am finding I like more than I think! So don't be afraid to experiment and mix it up. Eating the same thing all the time will stall your weight loss as well. So get out there online and find recipes to test out.

You can do it!!! :)

Thanks for your advice and input. I appreciate it very much. I like the thin n crispy pizza better anyway...I just thought we are only to eat 3 oz of meat, then green veggies, a piece of fruit and then if room a bit of carbs. SOOO, I have been staying away from everything else....no casseroles, no pizza, no anything except meat, vegs, fruit and it is getting old real quick......

I appreciate the info and glad to know that can have thin crust pizza every once in a great while...I have really getting down thinking would be eating the same food day in and day out for the rest of my life.....You ladies are right...that my not eating probably is what has stalled plus same thing every day....I will be changing it up and trying new things....Thanks again.....I LOVE THIS FORUM.....It is such a great motivational tool!!!!!

You have a wonderful day!!!!!

Hi and welcome,

I haven't been on the forum in a couple of weeks because I started a new night job...which has thrown my eating routine way off. The band is a journey and life continues...we just have to figure out how to live together. I was banded in March this year and for the first time felt I could actually live a normal life and Do This! So far I have...but not without learning. I did the band for maybe a different reason than others. My take was that I was sick of a lifetime of dieting and I wanted to be able to eat normally but not compulsively or overeat..Since March this has been 90% of the time accomplished, when not the band let's me know..the last two weeks especially with the new job and the stress..old habits just don't work...So, having explained this, I do eat pizza from time to time, thin crust one piece and it's the best! I think I read somewhere that pizza done right can be pretty healthy. Amy's makes come great frozen ones. I am now at the lowest weight I have been in 20 years--I know this because my son is 20...and after having him I was the same weight I am now a month after delivery. Funny, I still remember someone saying something than about loosing weight. Anyway, I am now on a plauto..my take is because my body is adjusting and fighting it..As someone mentioned, I am celebrating the fact that weight is coming off..however slowly, new ways of eating are being discovered, and I feel better than I have in 20 years. If it takes another year or two to get her done, I am OK with that..I know it can be...Figure out your journey, each step is a learning curve..its different for each of us but yet we are here for each other!

Hi and welcome,

I haven't been on the forum in a couple of weeks because I started a new night job...which has thrown my eating routine way off. The band is a journey and life continues...we just have to figure out how to live together. I was banded in March this year and for the first time felt I could actually live a normal life and Do This! So far I have...but not without learning. I did the band for maybe a different reason than others. My take was that I was sick of a lifetime of dieting and I wanted to be able to eat normally but not compulsively or overeat..Since March this has been 90% of the time accomplished, when not the band let's me know..the last two weeks especially with the new job and the stress..old habits just don't work...So, having explained this, I do eat pizza from time to time, thin crust one piece and it's the best! I think I read somewhere that pizza done right can be pretty healthy. Amy's makes come great frozen ones. I am now at the lowest weight I have been in 20 years--I know this because my son is 20...and after having him I was the same weight I am now a month after delivery. Funny, I still remember someone saying something than about loosing weight. Anyway, I am now on a plauto..my take is because my body is adjusting and fighting it..As someone mentioned, I am celebrating the fact that weight is coming off..however slowly, new ways of eating are being discovered, and I feel better than I have in 20 years. If it takes another year or two to get her done, I am OK with that..I know it can be...Figure out your journey, each step is a learning curve..its different for each of us but yet we are here for each other!

Thank you for your post and your honesty. My reasons are similar to yours and it warms my heart to have somewhere to go to post thoughts, dreams, revelations and not be judged.

I have my list of foods, that I know I can't control myself around.

Ice cream being one of them.

I no longer even buy it, because I know it will lead to a binge session.

I suggest just NOT buying it.

If it's not there, you can't eat it.

I keep reminding myself that it's the small steps, that add up to the big ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Eat More Fruits, Vegetables and Whole Grains

People who eat healthy, mostly unprocessed foods, including fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and limited amounts of lean animal protein, often find that they can eat as much as they want without gaining weight. If they are switching from a diet containing lots of processed foods, they find that they can eat more yet consume fewer calories -- and they lose weight.

Historically, the Chinese ate mostly rice and vegetables with a little lean meat for protein and flavor, nothing like the American Chinese restaurant dishes of deep fried sweet and sour pork. A step back to more natural foods would improve our health and waistlines.

Cut Down on Sugar

Be careful about sugar in coffee and soda pop. It can add up quickly, and these drinks aren't filling.

Watch for "hidden" sugar in processed foods like bread, ketchup, salad dressing, canned fruit, applesauce, peanut butter, and soups. And be careful with "fat-free" products. Sugar is often used to replace the flavor that is lost when the fat is removed. Fat-free does not mean calorie-free.

The greater concern with the insulin spike (above) is not that it tells our body to start storing fat. Whatever we eat and don't burn up eventually gets turned into fat anyway.

The greater concern is that the insulin spike is followed by a drop in insulin level that leaves us feeling tired and hungry and wanting to eat more. The unfortunate result of this scenario is that it makes us want to eat something else with a high sugar content. When we do, we start the cycle all over again.

Regulating your blood sugar level is the most effective way to maintain your fat-burning capacity.

thanks!!

TurboFire Workout for cheap

• 2 weeks later...

Ang,

Congrats on what you have lost! :) Good job! My weight has been coming off slowly, and I am just SOOO thankful that it's coming off instead of gaining. If I did not get the band, I know I would have ballooned from where I was at. Check out some recipe sites! It will give you ideas, and you can look at a recipe and figure out what you can substitute. If you dont like plain fruits that much, what about making a smoothie? You can always throw in some protein powder and make it that much healthier! Plain veggies are always boring. Add some spices! Mix it up! Make soups out of veggies! Mmmm!

I LOVED PIZZA, but I cut cheese and dairy completely out of my diet. I ended up doing this because my weight loss had stalled for a while. I always thought that cutting cheese out of my diet would be mission impossible. Now that it has been months, I had a bite of piece of pizza a few weeks ago and thought it tasted absolutely disgusting. Crazy huh?

Hello,

Eat More Fruits, Vegetables and Whole Grains

People who eat healthy, mostly unprocessed foods, including fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and limited amounts of lean animal protein, often find that they can eat as much as they want without gaining weight. If they are switching from a diet containing lots of processed foods, they find that they can eat more yet consume fewer calories -- and they lose weight.

Historically, the Chinese ate mostly rice and vegetables with a little lean meat for protein and flavor, nothing like the American Chinese restaurant dishes of deep fried sweet and sour pork. A step back to more natural foods would improve our health and waistlines.

Cut Down on Sugar

Be careful about sugar in coffee and soda pop. It can add up quickly, and these drinks aren't filling.

Watch for "hidden" sugar in processed foods like bread, ketchup, salad dressing, canned fruit, applesauce, peanut butter, and soups. And be careful with "fat-free" products. Sugar is often used to replace the flavor that is lost when the fat is removed. Fat-free does not mean calorie-free.

The greater concern with the insulin spike (above) is not that it tells our body to start storing fat. Whatever we eat and don't burn up eventually gets turned into fat anyway.

The greater concern is that the insulin spike is followed by a drop in insulin level that leaves us feeling tired and hungry and wanting to eat more. The unfortunate result of this scenario is that it makes us want to eat something else with a high sugar content. When we do, we start the cycle all over again.

Regulating your blood sugar level is the most effective way to maintain your fat-burning capacity.

thanks!!

TurboFire Workout for cheap