Does Patients at the OCC given antibiotics for the incisions after surgery?

Magee my experience was wonderful! It has been such an easy, smooth journey. I have had no pain other than a little gas rumbles but nothing major at all and I haven't taken the pain medication I was given either! It seems by Friday (my surgery was on a Monday) the swallowing was much easier and I could take larger sips.

I think Dr. Ortiz is just a wonderful surgeon and his skill has resulted in such a smooth journey. I have a friend at work that had the same procedure here in the states and she was in the hospital on morphine for 2 days and had some nauseousness. I haven't had any at all!

You will be in great hands with the OCC!

Guatemama , that's good to know that your surgery was easy and smooth. I pray that my surgery is easy, smooth, and a speedy recovery. I scheduled for my sleeve on July 15. I will arrived on Sunday. I'm very excited and can't wait. How was your preop experiences? Did you order the vitamins and shakes that they requested? I think that I am going to order the preop kit which includes the shakes and one bottle of vitamins.

I did order their pre-op kit and I have to say their shakes are the best! Much better than the Unjury and Isopure. I love that the vitamins are all in one and formulated especially for bariatric patients. They don't smell like other vitamins too! LOL I didn't do very good on the pre-op. I ended up with a horrible migraine headache and missed some work. I ended up adding a little bit of lean protein and that helped tremendously.

Don't be nervous. You will be in great hands and for me the down time at the Marriott was a welcome change of pace! Drinking gets easier each day and when you can have drinkable yogurt....OMG that was heaven!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guatemama , how are you doing? I have done poorly doing the last couple of days for preop. I will get better at eating better. I just received my preop kit today and will start using it on tomorrow. One week and three days to go !!!

• 3 months later...