Glucerna vs. Muscle Milk?

:blink: Ok...so I went to Costco today hoping to find a good deal on the Glucerna shakes for my pre-op diet and the Lean cuisines for my lunches. No go on the Lean cuisines...they didn't have them. I got Muscle milk protein shakes instead because they have more than twice the protein, and 2 grams less sugar than the Glucerna. They were also $6.00 cheaper. There was less cans of them, but they were bigger than the Glucerna. I got some veggies to snack on too. ;)

Is this ok for a pre-op diet? I'm am thinking I made it better. Has anyone had the muscle milk before? How is the taste? I haven't tried one yet. I got the chocolate of course...lol

What about the South Beach diet meals instead of the Lean Cuisine? Are they allowed instead? Haven't priced those yet. :rolleyes:

I hope I can lose what they want me to. It's gonna be tough, but I know it will be worth it.

Peace,

Judy

:blink: Ok...so I went to Costco today hoping to find a good deal on the Glucerna shakes for my pre-op diet and the Lean cuisines for my lunches. No go on the Lean cuisines...they didn't have them. I got Muscle milk protein shakes instead because they have more than twice the protein, and 2 grams less sugar than the Glucerna. They were also $6.00 cheaper. There was less cans of them, but they were bigger than the Glucerna. I got some veggies to snack on too. ;)

Is this ok for a pre-op diet? I'm am thinking I made it better. Has anyone had the muscle milk before? How is the taste? I haven't tried one yet. I got the chocolate of course...lol

What about the South Beach diet meals instead of the Lean Cuisine? Are they allowed instead? Haven't priced those yet. :rolleyes:

I hope I can lose what they want me to. It's gonna be tough, but I know it will be worth it.

Peace,

Judy

All of this is just personal taste. I just tried the Muscle Milk - It's not bad at all, the chocolate it usually too chocolatey for me, but I got a Muscle Milk Lite that was Chocolate Mint and it was pretty good also bought the regular one in Vanilla Creme - after reading them closer the lower calorie one was only 8.5 oz. and the other was 11 oz. That's one way to make it "lite". Also found that the Slim Fast Carb Control has the most protein of all of the Slim Fast varieties. It has 20 grams as opposed to the High Protien which has 15 or the Optima which has 10. Also the EAS AdvantEdge is good, lower calorie and 17 grams of protein. I still do shakes in the morning mainly because it's faster and I'm a little tight in the a.m.

I eat a lot of Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice and they are usually really good. I bought a couple of South Beach and ate one and it was so bad I threw the other one away, I didn't even want to try it. I don't know if it's our stores or the companies, but I've been seeing some great sales on both the Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice.

And yes, it is going to be worth it, I was banded on November 30 and my only regret is that I waited as long as I did to do it!