Fill Confusion

I had my first fill on October 4, (1.8 cc) and as of today, October 16, I still really can not eat solid foods well. From the first bite, they get stuck and I end up getting a ton of spit in my mouth (sorry, gross) and then I may pb. I have pb-ed twice and it is hell, but it also helps to relieve the awful pain. I am pretty much living on protein shakes and yogurt right now, with an occaisional attempt at something else, like a bite of it. Since my fill 12 days ago, I have lost almost 5 pounds.

So far, I know I can not eat the following:

1) bread, pizza crust etc.

2) turkey sausage

3) Wendy's chili

4) String cheese

I have had luck with these, but I generally don't eat them:

1) Tortilla chips

2) Wendy's frosty

For some reason, the chips don't get stuck at all. I think it might be due to their greasy nature.

I will call Dr. Martinez and see what he recommends. Good luck everyone!

I WONDERED HOW YOU WERE DOING, THANKS FOR POSTING

I HAD A HARD TIME THE FIRST WEEK, PB ONCE (HELL!!!) IN THE MORNING THINGS ARE TIGHT BUT BY EARLY AFTERNOON, I CAN EAT ANYTHING NOW. I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH BREADS AND PASTA BUT NOT MUCH IF I TAKE IT SLOW AND EASY, SMALL BITES AND CHEW CHEW CHEW. I'VE GOT TO HEAD BACK TO THE LA AREA IN A FEW WEEKS SO I'LL GO DOWN TO TJ FIRST FOR ANOTHER FILL OR SEE IF THIS ONE LEAKED SOME. I ENDED UP WITH 2CCs

If you can - it really is worth it to go back to TJ for your fills. The fluroscopy is worth it! Not only can they see your port and the fill level, but the risk of puncturing your port or tubing is extremely low, because the doctor can see what he's doing :)

Lori,

I have a really stupid question, How do you know when you get to your sweet spot? What is the feeling like? I do not mean to sound like a dope, but this is all new to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest applebuum

I went back to TJ for my first fill on August 14th. Dr> Romero said he put 4cc in my VG band. I had no restriction, so on Aug. the 23, which was 2 months to the day from my surgery I went to Flagstaff Az. for a fill. The DR. there pulled out only 1.5cc From my band and said that was all that was in it. He then put 4cc back in and I seem to have good restriction. Its only been 2 days so I still am not sure. But I think I have good restriction. What does that say about my TJ fill? Both were under fluroscopy. hono

Hello whe.re at in Flagstaff did you go and were they exspensive? I was flying there tomorrow to visit a friend for 12 days and I was going to drive to Monterray Mexico to get my fill done by Dr Rumbart

• 3 weeks later...

I had lap band on 10-9-06 and 4 weeks later rec'd 1cc. I'm still pretty full feeling. Sometimes it seems to take an hour after I eat to fill full. However my doc told me the band holds up to 11cc. Is there any at the time of surgery? I go back in 2 weeks and he seemed like he would put in another cc at that time. He said last time they put more that 1cc, patient was back the next day and nothing would go down.

I've lost almost 30 pounds and it feels great but I need to learn to control bad habits of eating later in day and eating when not hungry, just craving food!! Bad eating habits is how we all got were we are.

Also the water and exercise really helps!!

• 2 weeks later...

=D>

Just thought I 'd give an update on my fill problems I went back to fillcenters USA for my 3rd supposed fill

they poked me 10 or 11 times and dug around for about 1 1/2 hours then tell me they can not find my port

I then called TJ and set up a fill apt with dr. Romera on 8-9-06 When I got there DR. Romera told me I had

nothing in my band He then gave me my 1st real fill of 2.0ccs I felt very little restrition for the 1st 2 days

but I now have restriction and can only eat 1/4 of my norm I have rapidly been losing weight with no

probelms at all no pbing or nothing I am full I stop. I spent $350 for my 1st and $155 for 2nd and 3rd fills

at fill centers for nothing. DR.ROMERA filled me in just 5 min with fluro and has aparently hit my sweet spot

on his 1st try as I lost 5 lbs my 1st week on solids with very little effort. Invest the money to fly back to TJ

for your fills besides wasting money I wasted time(2 months of not losing weight)

PIZZA GUY

=D> Thank you so much Pizza Guy. You have confirmed my trip to Mexico for my first fill. I also called fill centers for info and they don't have floroscopy . After your experience I think I'll forget them all together !! I am going for my first fill on Jan 8,2007. So I'll have a vacation too. I never was in San Diego before my surgery, i'll tour there after the fill and be close enough if it's too tight. I worry about it being too tight and hurting. Thanks again. Elaine ( I post as Sassie123) =D>