My surgery is next week and I have a few questions

Hi All,

I am going to the OCC this week for surgery and have a few questions.

1. If you are going to have your pre op tests done the same day of surgery are you able to drink or eat anything all day? I just don't know weak I would feel without food if my surgery is last in the day.

2. When coming back to the U.S from Mexico does the shuttle drop you off right before Customs and you have to walk through and back to where you parked your car?

3. Do you have to pay $100 every time you go for a fill?

Thanks everyone. I love this forum!! :unsure:

Yes, you will have to fast and yes, you are dropped off and walk through customs but they will pick you up on the other side and take you to the airport or car lot or wherever you are going. Good luck!

Sabrina:)

:ph34r:

Hi All,

1. If you are going to have your pre op tests done the same day of surgery are you able to drink or eat anything all day? I just don't know weak I would feel without food if my surgery is last in the day.

2. When coming back to the U.S from Mexico does the shuttle drop you off right before Customs and you have to walk through and back to where you parked your car?

Hey Ashley--

Regarding the fill charge(s), when we to OCC for our first fill, they were offering a package that included the Lucerne, van ride from the SD airport, and fill itself. I'm sorry but I can't remember the exact breakdown. I will tell you that I went to a Fill Centers USA provider for my second fill, and there was an inital fee for being a first time patient (app. $400, including the fill w/flouro), and each additonal fill will be about $150. We would love to go back to TJ for all of our fills, but it isn't very practical when you live far away. Good luck on everything and make sure to keep us updated.

Diana

Hi All,

I had the pre-op tests done same day and no, you aren't able to eat. Yes, you're weak, but they give you meds that make you out of it so, you don't care too much about food. I was probably 4th in line for the day as far as surgery went.

I'd say probably, but I've never used OCC transportation since I live in San Diego.

Yup. Every single time, even if you go back right after for another one. They say you aren't paying for the fill, but for the use of the machine. I believe it--you want the flouroscopy! Also, they only take cash as far as fills go.