Headaches

I was reading through all of my paperwork again and I saw that I should not take my normal advil for regular headaches. The papeerwork said no anti-inflammatories.

So what do you all take when you have a headache?

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

If you have a lap-band you should try to avoid ALL N-saids. I was already allergic to them so had time to get used to living without them, but there are a million over-the counetr drugs (including Contact C) that are n-saids so google it, print out the list and try to avaoid them. About the only thing I can take is tylenol but I have to cut them in two.

Sabrina:)

I went to Target last night after reading the replies and found Tylenol Jr that dissolves in your mouth.

I'm an Accountant and get bad headaches from time to time so I am not sure how long I can hold off on not taking my Advil but I will sure try!!! :((

Why is it that N-Saids are a no-no for bansters? (I don't remember this part of the instructions.)

I have avoided advil since having the surgery because I know it is so rough on the stomach and I was worried about what it might do in my pouch.

But, my back has been out for almost 2 weeks now and the chiropractor isn't cutting it. I was completely planning on grabbing some Advil tonight before bed and then saw this post.

What would be a band-friendly alternative for muscle pain?

I take regular tylenol pills - at least I did last time I needed some. I am not 100% sure they will go down now and I might have to cut them in half.

My doctor explained that NSAID's can be hard on the stomach and if one gets stuck and has to dissolve while in the pouch in order to go thru the band that it could cause some stomach erosion.

I don't know how true any of this is, but I spent and am still spending a lot of good money on this band and have no intention of doing anything that might cause it harm. I prefer to err on the side of caution. Therefore I am supplying my co-workers with ibuprofen when they ask and once that bottle is gone they will have to get their fix somewhere else.

I even refused to take the anti-inflammatory medicines after my knee/foot surgery, but did allow them to run it thru my iv while they were doing the surgery. I had shoulder surgery 2 years prior to my band and the anti-inflammatories messed up my stomach regardless of how much I ate at that time so I know I will never again take them in pill form and liquid medicine makes me gag.

doesn't liquid Tylenol have a massive amount of alcohol & corn syrup (sugar) ?

lotsa empty calories.

buyer beware!

Lindsay,

This is my Fill Dr.'s instructions:

** If you are taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDS) pain relievers, please inform the office so you can be placed on proper medication.

Tylenol is what he has me take. At this point, I can not take the capsules. So, liquid is what I have to take. I don't think they make it sugar free, but I don't have much of a choice. However,I do not have to take it very often.

doesn't liquid Tylenol have a massive amount of alcohol & corn syrup (sugar) ?

lotsa empty calories.

buyer beware!

not to contradict you Lindsay, but liquid tylenol doesn't have alcohol. But, you are right it has sugar in it... are you thinking of like cold medicine? Anway, JODI they also make a liquid motrin (look in the kid's section) for post op. It works great. Heachaches SUCK!