Suggestions...Advice

I am wondering, is there any items you took with you on your trip that you found helpful?

Anything you didn't take, but wish you had?

What I am planning on taking is :

Comfortable cloths

Heating Pad

Liquid Tylenol

a Book to read.

Camera/video

my cell phone

take some GAS-X Strips. I also took some gatoraid and propel packets (dry mix) that I added to my bottled water. My big suggestion is to eat the broth at the hotel vs. taking broth cubes. The broth cupes are full of sodium and will make you retain a bunch of water. I was at the Marriott and the broth was great. The night before surgery I ate light and had a bowl of soup via room service...it was a chicken broth with veggies, a little bit of rice and some chipolte chili...I took most of the chipolte out but the rest was amazing!!!! Don't forget to take a positive attitude with you. You are doing to do great! Give big hugs to the nurses for all of us :)

take some GAS-X Strips. I also took some gatoraid and propel packets (dry mix) that I added to my bottled water. My big suggestion is to eat the broth at the hotel vs. taking broth cubes. The broth cupes are full of sodium and will make you retain a bunch of water. I was at the Marriott and the broth was great. The night before surgery I ate light and had a bowl of soup via room service...it was a chicken broth with veggies, a little bit of rice and some chipolte chili...I took most of the chipolte out but the rest was amazing!!!! Don't forget to take a positive attitude with you. You are doing to do great! Give big hugs to the nurses for all of us :)

Will do! Thanks for the helpful tips! I have added more items to my list.

Instead on ordering room service, we went to a local grocery store and purchased dry soup and heated the water with the coffee pot. That way i had something at odd hours and on demand. The worst pain I had was in the shoulder from the gas. Lots of moving around and walking helped but it tortured me for weeks. Good luck.