San Diego hotels

Does anyone know of a cheap hotel close to the Airport in San Diego? I am thinking of heading down to the OCC for a fill. My fill Dr locally is away till May 15th and I need a fill. I've had 2 fills for a total of 2.5cc in a 4cc band but still don't have restriction and each fill has only lasted a week or to so I figure it is probably worth the trip to ensure everything is OK and get a really agressive fill.

Anyway I thought I might stay in San Diego for a day or two but I am not sure where the best location might be and how easy it is to get around without a car. Any suggestions?

Louise

If you search and go to the San Diego Zoo Website you can get tickets and hotel deals. There are a lot of hotels that will pick you up from the Airport, give you passes to the Zoo, with transportation to and from, as well as the OCC will (should) be able to pick you up from the hotel instead of the airport. They picked my mom and I up at a hotel in Hotel Circle when I had my surgery!

I havent done this but I looked into it cause I was going to do the same thing as yourself!

Good Luck. Let us know how the trip was,

Jenelle

Does anyone know of a cheap hotel close to the Airport in San Diego? I am thinking of heading down to the OCC for a fill. My fill Dr locally is away till May 15th and I need a fill. I've had 2 fills for a total of 2.5cc in a 4cc band but still don't have restriction and each fill has only lasted a week or to so I figure it is probably worth the trip to ensure everything is OK and get a really agressive fill.

Anyway I thought I might stay in San Diego for a day or two but I am not sure where the best location might be and how easy it is to get around without a car. Any suggestions?

Louise

It's not that easy to get around without a car--we have public transportation and such but it's not always that great or reliable. You can stay downtown in the gaslamp, but I'm not sure how cheap that would be but there are many things like shopping and restaurants within walking distance like Seaport Village and balboa park/zoo are close as is the trolley which you can take all the way to TJ if you want. It's also close to the airport.

Louisem

San diego is a lovely place to stay. We prefer to stay away from the Gaslamp are as it is not out cup of tea. The Hilton Hotel by the Hyatt and the convention center is always a good choice.

We were just there on the 12th floor and found the public transportation a plus. Seaport village is close and the buses are reliable and easy.

The trolly takes you right to the border and then a $5.00 cab ride to OCC and back. Write the address down for the cabbie.

We googled hotwire and for $100.00 plus you are in a great location. The weather was perfect. Good Luck.

Labella

Thanks for the responses. I really want to go, but after adding up all the expenses for hotels and transport the savings I found on a cheap flight are eaten up :o( I have to decide if it is worth the time too. Ah to have unlimited to resources and time to do whatever I want!

Thankfully Northwest Fill centre isn't too far and they now have fluoro so I might have to change my plans.

Thanks for the responses. I really want to go, but after adding up all the expenses for hotels and transport the savings I found on a cheap flight are eaten up :o( I have to decide if it is worth the time too. Ah to have unlimited to resources and time to do whatever I want!

Thankfully Northwest Fill centre isn't too far and they now have fluoro so I might have to change my plans.

YOU'LL LOVE THEM, VERY NICE KNOWLEDGABLE GALS :)

I have booked a fill at NW for May 12th and coming home May 14th. I see you are in Vancouver and I am in Nanaimo. If you are interested we could look at going to gether and sharing costs? I am going with a gal pal of mine so we can do some shopping.

Let me know what you think?

Tracy

I have booked a fill at NW for May 12th and coming home May 14th. I see you are in Vancouver and I am in Nanaimo. If you are interested we could look at going to gether and sharing costs? I am going with a gal pal of mine so we can do some shopping.

Let me know what you think?

Tracy

Hi Tracy, do you mean you are going to NWFM in Washington? I'm going this Thursday but just for a day trip. It's only 90 minutes from my place so I won't bother staying overnight. Plus I need to get my fill this week as I will be starting a new semester next week and actually UVic on May 14th for a conference. You might want to consider Dr. Arseneau out of St Paul's. I really like him and he only charges $150 for the fill. He's also had a band himself and works out of an eating disorders clinic so is very knowledgeable though he doesn't do the surgery himself.

Anyway thanks for the offer.

Louise

Dr. Arsenau is BANDED????? That's the first I've heard of that! When? Where? What's his story? That's so exciting!

Sabrina:)

He was banded over a year ago in Washington. I think it may have been a full year since he lost his weight but I can't remember the details. You should try him.

I saw the ladies at NWFM today for my fill. I decided not to do fluoro because I didn't even have 3 cc's yet. They tried to add .8 ccs for a total of 3.3, but then had to take .2 out. Boy do I finally have restriction!!!!!

I also figured out why I haven't lost weight for my last couple of fills. I was on a steroid eye drop at high a fairly high dose for most of Feb and March. I didn't even clue in that it would effect me that way because I wasn't ingesting it. I think when I saw my Dr this week for a checkup he almost called me a bone head for not cluing in that it would at least reduce weight loss. In fact he said the fact that I didn't gain means that it is working!!!

Louise