CONFUSED!!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

WELL I GOT BANDED ON 03/17/09 I LOST 11 POUNDS ON THE POST-OP DIET, I STARTED SOLIDS AND GAIND 3 POUNDS AND THATS HOW I BEEN SINCE I STARTED SOLIDS ON 04/06. IS THAT NORMAL? TO NOT LOOSE MORE WEIGHT TO BE STUCK LIKE THAT ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED, OH ALSO I FEEL LIKE I CAN EAT JUST AS BEFOR I GOT BANDED I JUST TRY NOT TO I STOP ON MY OWN BUT IF I WAITED UNTIL I WAS FULL I CAN KEEP ON EATING IS THAT ALSO NORMAL?

P.S. I DONT GET MY FIRST UNTIL 05/09/09

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

WELL I GOT BANDED ON 03/17/09 I LOST 11 POUNDS ON THE POST-OP DIET, I STARTED SOLIDS AND GAIND 3 POUNDS AND THATS HOW I BEEN SINCE I STARTED SOLIDS ON 04/06. IS THAT NORMAL? TO NOT LOOSE MORE WEIGHT TO BE STUCK LIKE THAT ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED, OH ALSO I FEEL LIKE I CAN EAT JUST AS BEFOR I GOT BANDED I JUST TRY NOT TO I STOP ON MY OWN BUT IF I WAITED UNTIL I WAS FULL I CAN KEEP ON EATING IS THAT ALSO NORMAL?

P.S. I DONT GET MY FIRST UNTIL 05/09/09

VERY NORMAL

JUST TRY AND WATCH IT TILL YOU START GETTING YOUR FILLS

It's absoulutely normal! I have been banded one month longer than you, and I have had one fill! I still have no restriction, and I haven't lost a pound in weeks. I have complete faith in my band though, I know that I am doing everything right, as are you! And soon we will see the results! I go in for my next fill in 2 weeks, so I will let you know how much, or if I have any restriction after! I have heard that with some people it may take several fills to have restriction. Good luck, and don't be confused it's just part of the loooooooong process ;)

I didn't have much restriction until my 3rd fill and that was short lived. I did the 5 day pouch test which has helped tighten me up a bit, but I still could use another small fill I think. Gonna really eat well and work out and see if I can get by with one more month before getting one just due to money. Everyone is different, but totally normal that you aren't feeling anything yet. You will get there!

no i wish i could but i dont have enough time at work to take of days, so iam going to fills USA the new location in FL at Southwest Ranches

Me too! I have a 9am appointment. Maybe we will meet each other there!!

I didn't have much restriction until my 3rd fill and that was short lived. I did the 5 day pouch test which has helped tighten me up a bit, but I still could use another small fill I think. Gonna really eat well and work out and see if I can get by with one more month before getting one just due to money. Everyone is different, but totally normal that you aren't feeling anything yet. You will get there!

Hey Shelby!

I wanted to tell you that your newest picture at the bottom of your signature is beautiful! You look amazing and your hair looks so cute cut shorter! (And that little baby in your member photo looks like an absolute angel!)

Hey Shelby!

I wanted to tell you that your newest picture at the bottom of your signature is beautiful! You look amazing and your hair looks so cute cut shorter! (And that little baby in your member photo looks like an absolute angel!)

YOU DO LOOK AWESOME SHELBY!!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Thanks SOOO much to both of you! I'm still getting used to the hair but I do like it. My hair is so fine and thin it doesn't do anything so I always kept it long, but now i'm realizing that keeping it shorter works better.

The little one there in the pic is my niece Haley. She lives w/ me part time (my brother lives there full time) and she is my little mini-me. Poor kid even got my hair! :) She is the best and pretty much the reason I was banded. I hated not having the energy to play with her. Now we are both all over the place! :lol:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

• 5 weeks later...

Shelby,

Your new picture!!!!!

You look fabulous! :lb21:

You are an inspiration..getting my first fill the 8th, been struggling with being on a "diet"

have good days and bad days. :dash2: Looking forward to "restriction" why I got the band! I went through my clothes and have them ready to put back on, Maybe this time I can really give then to St. Vinnie's for good!

D.

Don't feel too bad or give up. I'm in the same boat. I'm up to 6cc in my 10cc band and I still haven't lost much weight. Everytime I go in for another fill, I tell my doctor that I can eat almost the same as before and he keeps on telling me it'll get better this month and so on. It hasn't for me and I'm really frustrated. I know I've got a sweet tooth, but I've really watched that this past month and the scale still hasn't moved. I haven't gained anything as was the case last month (I'd gained 5 lbs)...don't ask me how? I should probably start keeping a food journal like many do and pinpoint what I am doing wrong. but as far as restriction, it'll get there.

My friend didn't lost much weight with her band for almost 9months until he band was completely filled and then within 5 months she lost it all. So everyone's different. That's what I'm hoping for. LOL

Arianna

Im just trying to count the calories until I get filled and have the proper restriction. Its kind of a pain but I refuse to put more on after all this!(((((Shelby))))) pictures like that let me know I can get there someday too! Congrats!!! You look great!!!

Thanks SOOO much to both of you! I'm still getting used to the hair but I do like it. My hair is so fine and thin it doesn't do anything so I always kept it long, but now i'm realizing that keeping it shorter works better.

The little one there in the pic is my niece Haley. She lives w/ me part time (my brother lives there full time) and she is my little mini-me. Poor kid even got my hair! :) She is the best and pretty much the reason I was banded. I hated not having the energy to play with her. Now we are both all over the place! :lol:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

((((((((((((((((((((((Shelby))))))))))))))))))))))))

OMG I love the new picture! You look amazing.

I too am sooooo frustrated with not losing weight. I have been banded four months and I have had four fills so far and have absolutely no restriction whatsoever. I have only lost 14 pounds and that is by sheer will power and watching what I eat and how much. Which of course, I could have done without the band. I am going back at the end of this month to get yet another fill and I just pray that there is a sweet spot some where in my band. Honestly, at this point I am regretting my decision to have this surgery...

Thanks so much you all!!! I love being able to get on here and hear about your journeys as you get started. It's hard for me to wrap my head around that it has been 7mos for me. Really doesn't feel like it was that long ago! I can't wait to watch your progress!!! Your stories take me back I love it - and can completely relate to wanting to jack someone for their food - those last few days of liquids were tough!

We ALL have our good and really not good days. Just part of the process. Plateaus just overall suck, but keep following the plan and you will get through them. I know it always annoyed me when people said this, but it is true....we didn't gain the weight overnight, so we aren't going to lose it that fast either. It took me a long time to get this big ass, so it's gonna take me a while to get it off too.

Every day will be an adventure good and bad. As I type this I am stuck on lunchmeat and praying I don't PB. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!