One Year Bandiversary

It's unbelievable how time is flying by ....

Last year in March, on my 39th b-day, I just could not take it anymore. Over the years, after giving up on the "yoyo-dieting" I just got bigger and bigger to the point where I was morbit obese with an BMI of 42.2.

I was scared, that if I continue like this, I will be a fat, unattractive and most of all unhealthy person not being able to enjoy life and all it has to offer. In a short time, I did alot of research and came to this forum and Dr. Ortiz. I made up my mind and told my hubby (the best ever) that this is what I wanted to do and he just said "if that is what you like to do, then go for it. I will support you in every way I can".

Done deal - the next day, I called the OCC and talked to Carolyn, made my appoinment and off we went to TJ on April 28, 2009 for my lapband surgery.

The whole experience was simply wonderful, I believe Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez are the best in their field and the complete staff is so loving and caring, you just gotta love 'em all (((THANK YOU)))

Life with the band is not always easy! There are times when I drop the weight like nothing other times when I'm riding the same few pounds up and down and like eveybody else, I have to fight the darn thing called "plateau". There are days where I wish I could stuff my face with everything in sight but then I just remind myself how great it felt to finally being able to sit down and cross my legs again (yup that was one of my biggest NSV's)

For everybody out there .... THE BAND DOES WORK ... not overnight though, for some faster - for some slower, but be patient, stay positive and don't give up, the band will help you in your journey :)

My hubby also got banded 6 month ago, lost 60 lbs. so far and now we are working on our last 20'something pounds together - Life is good ;)

2998587809_7ec0783644.jpg2998587813_4201fb6e2e.jpg April 2008

3481878002_0b8aa50e26.jpg3481879046_29df9fcbfe.jpg April 2009

You look beautiful!! Congratulations on your success - you are awesome! I can’t believe it’s been a year, and look how much you changed! You are truly an inspiration and it’s been fun to watch your journey!

I’m so proud of you! And how great that you are now sharing this with your husband, your journey is almost over and then you have a new one! Learning to live with your new sexy body!

Have fun!

Lisa

Thank you ladies soooo much for all the nice compliments!!! *blushing*

I really do believe, that my "online bandster friends" and the support on here helped me a great deal in this journey.

Lisa, Pammie, a super special thank you for sticking around answering all the questions a newbie can have ;) and I promise, I'll work on the "couples pic" DH is just still hiding when he see's a camera LOL

Dana, Sabrina & Jazzy look how great you're doing, you girls are awesome :clapping:

Denise - luv ya back big time ;)

wow, you look great, CONGRATULATIONS!! keep up the good work.

UTE!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!

You are ONE hot UBER-WOMAN!!!

way to go! Send my congrats to John as well for his accomplishments so far!! We've got to get together! If the Hawks beat the Heat, I'll be down to sing the National Anthem for one of the second round games. I'll also be down singing the National Anthem for the Braves again in September. Maybe we can do the dinner thing once more!!

UTE!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!

You are ONE hot UBER-WOMAN!!!

way to go! Send my congrats to John as well for his accomplishments so far!! We've got to get together! If the Hawks beat the Heat, I'll be down to sing the National Anthem for one of the second round games. I'll also be down singing the National Anthem for the Braves again in September. Maybe we can do the dinner thing once more!!

Thank you Bill :) John & I would love to meet up with you guys again WOHOO and since the Hawks did beat the Heats ... when will you be in Atlanta? ;)

Bigali you are doing friggin F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C Hat's up !!!!

Determination -> love the name ;) thank you so much for the compliment!

Linda ... let me tell you .. you are ONE HOTTTT LOOKING GRANDMA ;) WOW