Too Tight Vs. Restriction

Hi All. I had my first fill on Saturday and yesterday was my first day on solids. I did NOT have an appetite yesterday. I ate an omelette (1 egg and fat free milk) with tomato, onion and cheese for breakfast and a string cheese around 3pm and a few bites of a quesadilla for dinner. I couldn't even eat 1 wedge of the 5 wedges when cut up. I did however drink about 80 oz. of water with crystal light. I am confused because I am just not hungry and when I did eat I got full VERY fast. Can anyone explain to me the difference of being too tight and restriction? I am not PBing on water, but am sliming a little. I am getting gas and am burping a lot after drinking 80 oz. Thanks for your help :)

I've had the same questions after my 3rd fill, and yesterday I had to rush out to get an unfill in advance of a short trip this weekend. I like the restriction, but I couldn't swallow water for most of the day and it got to be too much. I think the first thing you need to do is wait a few days at least. My fill was almost 2 weeks ago and it was a full week before I started having problems with liquids. Even then I waited a couple of days and would have waited more if I wasn't heading to a conference this weekend where I am presenting so I want to be on top form.

It seems to be that restriction is more of a personal thing. Some people like and can tolerate being tighter than others. Once you have difficulties with liquids you need to be careful though. One thing I found that really helps and has been posted here before is drinking something hot in the morning to help loosen things up. My final decision for an unfill was yesterday when for the second day that didn't work.

Good luck

Louise

I can eat breakfast in the morning but the rest of the day has been so hard. I just made a 4oz can of tuna with some mayo and couldn't even eat half. I get full so quick. I don't know if this is normal or if it is a problem. I have no problem with water but at the end of the day I get real bloated and gassy and burp A LOT lol.

I can eat breakfast in the morning but the rest of the day has been so hard. I just made a 4oz can of tuna with some mayo and couldn't even eat half. I get full so quick. I don't know if this is normal or if it is a problem. I have no problem with water but at the end of the day I get real bloated and gassy and burp A LOT lol.

I'm not an expert as I am relatively new to restriction myself but it sounds pretty normal. plus you really need to give it some time to know for sure because you body adjusts. I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you can get enough fluids, protein and definitely your multivitamins

I did NOT have an appetite yesterday. Sounds pretty normal to me. You may be one of the lucky ones that finds restriction early on.

I ate an omelette (1 egg and fat free milk) with tomato, onion and cheese for breakfast and a string cheese around 3pm and a few bites of a quesadilla for dinner. Even though you are not feeling hungry, you need to make sure you get in enough protein. Maybe do a protein shake for a few more days.

I couldn't even eat 1 wedge of the 5 wedges when cut up. You may not be able to tolerate the tortilla on the quesadilla - it is a bread product. Also, make sure you are chewing your food until it is almost in a liquid form.

I am getting gas and am burping a lot after drinking 80 oz. Make sure you are not gulping in extra air. I was told by my fill doctor that burping is a good thing with the band - but then again he is a guy.

Okay so now i have a question, does it usually take a couple weeks after your first fill or any fill to feel the difference? I had my first fill on april 27 and was fine until the last couple days when i have been pb'ing frequently but thought i was just eating too fast or not chewing enough, now i feel, i guess tight most of the time don't have problem with liquids and not much with the beginning of my meal but after a few bites it hits. is that the too tight thing i thought something was wrong because it has just been in the last couple days not since the fill.

Here's what I use to do - I'd get a fill - be perfect - then I'd forget to chew something - pb - which would in turn cause swelling - then my fill would be too tight. Not because it changed - but because I started the issue by not chewing - pbing - causing the swelling. That's why you want to go on liquids for a while to see if you can bring the swelling down. (Stay away from salts and focus on clears).

Just my view,

Lisa

Here's what I use to do - I'd get a fill - be perfect - then I'd forget to chew something - pb - which would in turn cause swelling - then my fill would be too tight. Not because it changed - but because I started the issue by not chewing - pbing - causing the swelling. That's why you want to go on liquids for a while to see if you can bring the swelling down. (Stay away from salts and focus on clears).

Just my view,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa,

your the balm! that makes sooo much sence!