How Time Changes Everything

Six Months today is when I knew my life was going to change. After being overweight my whole life and reaching my heaviest of 262 lbs, I was determined that I wanted a new life, a new Soul. My weight loose began with a pre-op diet that consisted of shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and Lien Cuisine for Dinner for two weeks. I was not sure how well I would do and wanted to start a little early so I my pre-op was for 17 days. In those 17 days I had to make a choice of, ok Carrie, either you are in or you are out. It was hard, very hard, but I did it and with the support of my WONDERFUL husband who has supported, encourage, and worked with me so much.

Since being banded six months ago, I have learned so much and even though I am not where I want to be YET, this experience has already changed my life and my Soul! I found out that I really do like myself and I am very proud of myself, I have never said that before.

It has been one struggle after another, plateau after another; I don’t know how many times wanting to smash the freaking scales …lol. I can honestly say I have learned to respect those scales!

Today I am living MY life, eating so healthy and exercise has became parts of my daily life, which in itself is an AMAZING accomplishment for me. I want this to encourage people to NEVER give up. You WILL get frustrated, you WILL come to have a love hate relationship with your scales, you WILL hide them.lol, you WILL learn that there really are Lapband Gods to pray to when you get stuck (I PROMISE just let this chicken go down and I will NEVER eat chicken again I SWEAR!)…lol But I will say that if YOU want this, YOU will work with the band and you WILL succeed.

I am so proud to report that my Goal was to have lost 60lbs within 6 months of being banded and my weight this morning I am at 207, whick is 5lbs away. I am SO proud of myself and I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board for the support that everyone has shown.

I have submitted update pics! Waiting for approval.

The best luck to everyone!

Carrie

Aww Carrie - you've done so well and I am so happy and so proud of you too! Just look at you!!! What a testimony! Keep up the good work and you KNOW you will get to your goal soon enough. It's amazing what we've learned, isn't it? I think after all the excitement and the unknown, then we get to our own 'comfort' zone of doing things with our band. We learn what works and what doesn't and then it blossoms from there.

AWESOME job ~ YOU GO GIRL!! Jazzy!!

Six Months today is when I knew my life was going to change. After being overweight my whole life and reaching my heaviest of 262 lbs, I was determined that I wanted a new life, a new Soul. My weight loose began with a pre-op diet that consisted of shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and Lien Cuisine for Dinner for two weeks. I was not sure how well I would do and wanted to start a little early so I my pre-op was for 17 days. In those 17 days I had to make a choice of, ok Carrie, either you are in or you are out. It was hard, very hard, but I did it and with the support of my WONDERFUL husband who has supported, encourage, and worked with me so much.

Since being banded six months ago, I have learned so much and even though I am not where I want to be YET, this experience has already changed my life and my Soul! I found out that I really do like myself and I am very proud of myself, I have never said that before.

It has been one struggle after another, plateau after another; I don’t know how many times wanting to smash the freaking scales …lol. I can honestly say I have learned to respect those scales!

Today I am living MY life, eating so healthy and exercise has became parts of my daily life, which in itself is an AMAZING accomplishment for me. I want this to encourage people to NEVER give up. You WILL get frustrated, you WILL come to have a love hate relationship with your scales, you WILL hide them.lol, you WILL learn that there really are Lapband Gods to pray to when you get stuck (I PROMISE just let this chicken go down and I will NEVER eat chicken again I SWEAR!)…lol But I will say that if YOU want this, YOU will work with the band and you WILL succeed.

I am so proud to report that my Goal was to have lost 60lbs within 6 months of being banded and my weight this morning I am at 207, whick is 5lbs away. I am SO proud of myself and I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board for the support that everyone has shown.

Carrie

I love hearing these encouraging stories.... thanks for sharing. Your on your way and doing great!

Congrats Carrie!! That was a wonderful story and it will definitely inspire others here on this forum I am sure. B) Keep up with the great work and you will be at your goal in no time!!

Thanks for everyones comments. This board has helped me so much. Eveyones Support is AMAZing to me. We are all strangers but encourage each other like we all are best friends, that says alot about someone. I still have people that think I am crazy when I say I went to Mexico. I think I am going to start giving them this link so they can come here and look at ALL of the wonderful people on this board! I am so sure peoples opinions would change.

Denise and Karen, you both are AMAZING to me. You both have done so GREATand LOOK AMAZING! I wish I do as good as you guys! I love reading and seeing your progress along with so many more on this board! Karen the tummy tuck pics are great . Thank you for sharing those....

Jenelle, Carrie and Jazzy! You guys are so Wonderful. Yall are doing great doing great and Jazzy your advise is always sooooo good.

Donna your picture .... WOW! You look AWESOME!

Irish thank you so much! Good luck in your Journey....

and last I would like to thank....lol just joking

Thanks Guys! :D

Carrie

Yaaaa! Congrats, the mental changes are as big as the physical. Isn't it amazing how the band benefits so many different aspects of our lives? It not only changes how you look on the outside, but how you feel on the inside!

I'm sooo proud of you!

Keep up the hard work - you're doing awesome!

Lisa

Thank Celia for the reply. You picture is just the sweetest thing ever! Good luck to you on your journey!

Lisa, you told me it would be here before I knew it. So hard to believe that was over 6 months ago! You are such an inspiration to me and so many more on this board! Thank you both for all of the encourgagment you both have shown to me.

Carrie

Celia,

We are VERY close to 199! Is it EVER going to get here...lol . Lets work really hard and we can get there together!

Robynn,

Thank you so much! I think post was a turning point for me. I am glad that it helped someone else! You are getting very close and I cant wait to hear and see how you do!

Good Luck to you!

Carrie

Carrie

Great job! I am so happy for you! I love hearing the success stories and how the band has changed people's lives. I am hoping for that same transformation. I am being banded May 22, 2009. I wish you all the luck in making the rest of the way to your goal weight!!

Celia,

We are VERY close to 199! Is it EVER going to get here...lol . Lets work really hard and we can get there together!

Carrie

Carrie

Isn't it exciting. We are getting very close now. I am very determined to get to 199 by my 1 year bandiversary. I know we can do it! Our hard work is going to pay off. We are going to make it!! I feels like it is NEVER going to get here but before we know it we will be in ONEDERLAND and the two's will be in the rear view mirror!

Celia

Carrie!

I just saw your new photos....WOW!!!! What a big change. You were always beauitiful but now you're just a smaller version of that same beautiful person! Almost in onederland too, you must be excited! I took some of your suggestions and I'm losing again too. Thank you!

Sabrina:)