2nd fill, and feeling pukey

I had my second fill this afternoon -

I'm now up to 2cc's ...my first fill was over a month only, and the 1cc barely did anything, which i was fine with.

But ever since getting home from running around, I've felt so nauseous.

I went to the fill on an empty stomach (my appointment was at 1:30pm) - and afterwords had water, and half a bottle of sugar free iced tea, just to get something in me.

Dinner - I had half a can of tomato soup, thinking this comfort food might help, but it didn't.

and then I had a small glass of a homemade banana smoothy (bit of skim milk, ice cubes & a banana)

I was in bed, but got up.

I feel so barfy.

Sound typical?

I'm sure I"ll be feeling better soon.

I just hate feeling like I need to throw up ... I'm tempted to make myself, just to get rid of this 'i'm going to barf' feeling.

This is normal, especially right after a fill. Did you drink the iced tea too quickly? The band is tighter so you have to start out by taking small sips. Stay on fluids for at least another 24 hours. It does go away. I was ok with my first two fills but I felt like this after my 3rd fill and I think that's because I drank too quickly and immediately moved to solids the next day. I know it's an awful feeling, but hang on...you'll be fine in a day or so.

Arianna

That's odd; I've never gotten nauseous like that with a fill. I'm sure that Arianna is right, and we're all so different and react differently to our bands.

Another note, there are so many flu’s going around that you could have picked something up. Take care and if you continue feeling bad please make sure to check in with your fill doc. (And take anti-nauseoum meds in the mean time to keep yourself from throwing up with a new fill).

Hope you're already feeling better today!

Lisa

thank you, you two love-birds for responding - sometimes you just need someone to say it's okay. :)

:wub:

right after i typed that message, I ran to the toilet, and had about 30 seconds of dry heaving.

it was all extra air - probably from drinking too much liquid, far too quickly earlier ...

which completely makes sense to me.

after the little incident over the toilet, and was feeling sooo much better, and fell asleep in bed minutes later.

i'm feeling sooo much better today!!!

and i was told liquids for 2 days.

so today is the end of day 2 :)

Lindsay,

Glad you are feeling better. I have never had that feeling and I can only imagine that it is no fun! I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Dont forget to chew chew chew.

PS...Dont try eggs in the morning...they are EVIL!

Carrie