Very Cool! Fill Video...

WOW! is right. I am glad you posted this because I just got banded on 1/18/10. Because I live in the NW and don't have a lot of money, I was considering not coming back to the OCC for my first fill. The Dr. I am leaning towards does not do fluro though she is highly recommended and have good rep. Now after seeing that video I want to at least have my first fill done with the fluro to get as much accuracy as possible. Thanks,

Kristi - you are welcome. I think it is one of the best fill videos I have ever seen. For people who don't have the option to have a fill under floro it gives them a view of what it the are not able to have. I am always interested in seeing things! My floro is not that clear, but it is super cool all the same.

Uniquelady - your welcome. I personally have had all my fills done under floro. I don't think they would do it any other way at the program I am in. That being said, people get fills all the time by qualified professionals who do a great job. I know people have there own thoughts on floro or not floro. I say it's what works for you. Or in some cases what is available for you.

WOW! is right. I am glad you posted this because I just got banded on 1/18/10. Because I live in the NW and don't have a lot of money, I was considering not coming back to the OCC for my first fill. The Dr. I am leaning towards does not do fluro though she is highly recommended and have good rep. Now after seeing that video I want to at least have my first fill done with the fluro to get as much accuracy as possible. Thanks,

Wow--thanks for posting that! I'll have my first fill under fluroscopy at the OCC on Feb 22nd. After that, I'll use a local doctor.

Uniquelady, I'm in Salem and am planning on using Dr. Fitzpatrick--is that who you are referring to? Although she doesn't use fluro, I've read enough good things about her that I'm feeling pretty comfortable with her. I am lucky, though, because I'm going down with my daughter for her to get banded, so I'm having my first fluro down there.

Very cool! My dr. uses an Xray, but not anything that cool! That is so interesting to see how it goes through.

How cool is that. I wondered what the whole fluoroscope thingy was all about. I have been trying to decide if I was going back to OCC or stay in the states to do my fills. The doctor here does fluoroscope, so now I am confussed.

Seems like it would be hard to mess up with this type of fill.

Thanks for posting this AngieB, food for thought.

Yep, this is how all of my fills are done. The barium swallow helps take a lot of guesswork out of it plus they can see if anything is stretched or if there is erosion. It is what we call a standing fill and I would suggest it to everyone, it is what made the difference for me.

Thanks AngieB, I have made my decision....OCC it is. Talked to my sweet hubby so more about it and his comment was..."You always take a child back to his daddy". So, I guess that settled that. Now to figure out when.

Thanks AngieB, I have made my decision....OCC it is. Talked to my sweet hubby so more about it and his comment was..."You always take a child back to his daddy". So, I guess that settled that. Now to figure out when.

Amy this is how it is done where I go get my fills. I love watching the screen. This was by far the best fill video I have seen. They did a good job of catching it on tape. I don't go back to the OCC, but I do have excellent care where I am. So it is awesome. To me the expense, time, and travel were issues for me.

Glad you get to go back. Do you live close by? I live in Omaha, NE. So I am pretty far out.

Amy this is how it is done where I go get my fills. I love watching the screen. This was by far the best fill video I have seen. They did a good job of catching it on tape. I don't go back to the OCC, but I do have excellent care where I am. So it is awesome. To me the expense, time, and travel were issues for me.

Glad you get to go back. Do you live close by? I live in Omaha, NE. So I am pretty far out.

No, I'm not close. I live in Tenn. The doctor I have here in the states is going to be $500.00 for the first two fills. I can actually get to OCC for just a little more than that. The time it takes to go back and forth is not an issue and the buddy that when with me the first time is willing to go back. Sounds like another "girls weekend" out! Dr. Ortiz told me that if I come back there for my fills, I would need fewer than what they would do in the states. He said maybe 2-3 for life, it really got my attention. If that is true, it's a no brainer in my book. I just hope I was not under the influence of those wonderful drugs they gave me. I guess it would be a good idea to call and ask about that!