Band too tight..gained 5 lbs, but got good news!!

Well, I've been MIA since November. I got a fill in early October and I just knew it was too tight but I've been in denial. I've gained 5 lbs and been really changing the way I eat to the point that I noticed that this past week I have eliminated almost all meats, fruits, and veggies from my diet little by little. I am eating ALL DAY LONG just tot get enough food in my system to where I don't feel hungry and I am gravitating towards mash potatoes, cake, chips, etc.... It' CRAZY that this has all happened subconcisously....and very gradual.

I guess the tipping point was last night I went to a dinner for my work and I had to get up and walk 3 times just to get my salad to go down...it just hurts SO BAD to eat anything. Everything gets stuck!!! And by the time the waiter was picking up everyone's dessert, I was still trying to eat the first 1/2 of my salad.....ughhhh. I got frustrated and asked for a glass of milk instead and right then and there knew it is time to get some taken out.

So here is the good news. For some reason I had a "bright idea" to call my insurance co. and see if my adjustments are covered. Well Holy Canoli, they are!!! The lapband would have been covered it I would have gone through the one year wait (I knew that but chose to go ahead anyway). She told me because it wasn't a claim that was denied, then the follow up is covered. Now if I had put in a request for the surgery and it had been denied then any follow up wouldn't be covered. But she said now its like I came into the plan with the band....kind of a pre-existing condition, but b/c I've expired the 3 year waiting period for Bariatric, its COVERED with a $15.00 copay!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already found a doctor that is on my Blue Sheild of Ca plan and I have an appt this coming Weds to have some taken out. So, NO MORE TRIPS TO TJ....woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Though I'll have to make it a point of visiting once a year or so.

Ok, so now I'm ready to take this weight loss to the next level and so happy to have local support so I can find my sweet spot!!!!

Funny you posted this today. I was thinking of posting and asking if others that were too full experienced weight gain or staying the same. I have had my fill for months, probably around the same time as you. It is too tight I am sure. I have trouble eating most things (except, of course, sherbet, ice cream, etc.). On occasion I eat with no problem, but most of the time no. I have pretty much given up eating breakfast as that is the hardest. I have been doing a lot of smoothies.

So, I guess my question is the same. For those of you that have had to have fluid removed did you notice that you either stayed the same in weight or gained a few pounds? I am just so nervous to have fluid taken out (not for the procedure itself) but because I am worried I will gain weight being able to eat more than what I have been doing. It is so crazy, I just feel like because it is too tight would be better than not tight enough, etc.

However, I do think because what I can eat is so limited that I am more apt to eat things I shouldn't because there is no problem getting those things down. So anyone that can shed light on this would be great.

Funny you posted this today. I was thinking of posting and asking if others that were too full experienced weight gain or staying the same. I have had my fill for months, probably around the same time as you. It is too tight I am sure. I have trouble eating most things (except, of course, sherbet, ice cream, etc.). On occasion I eat with no problem, but most of the time no. I have pretty much given up eating breakfast as that is the hardest. I have been doing a lot of smoothies.

So, I guess my question is the same. For those of you that have had to have fluid removed did you notice that you either stayed the same in weight or gained a few pounds? I am just so nervous to have fluid taken out (not for the procedure itself) but because I am worried I will gain weight being able to eat more than what I have been doing. It is so crazy, I just feel like because it is too tight would be better than not tight enough, etc.

However, I do think because what I can eat is so limited that I am more apt to eat things I shouldn't because there is no problem getting those things down. So anyone that can shed light on this would be great.

I have been wondering the same thing. I have been stuck in the 170's for 8 months. I love the restriction that I have and I am scared of being too loose again. If I knew getting some out would start my weight loss back up I would give it a try.

I have been wondering the same thing. I have been stuck in the 170's for 8 months. I love the restriction that I have and I am scared of being too loose again. If I knew getting some out would start my weight loss back up I would give it a try.

I've been stuck at 159/160 for weeks, but I know it is my own fault. I love Pinot Grigio and there are so many calories in it. I also find that carbs like mashed potatoes, mac n cheese or anything in sauce goes down well. I do eat a lot of veggies, but hardly any meat because I struggle with it. On the plus side, I haven't gained weight, just haven't lost very fast. I'm hoping that once the warm weather hits, I can get back to my daily swimming and burn those extra calories!