Research for a Friend

Red

Hey all!

I had lunch (or tried to) with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in awhile. She was so excited for me and called me "skinny" ^_^

Wow, did that ever feel good. She feels very depressed about having gained some weight (she weighs about 212, she says) and has always been interested in the band. I've told her all about the OCC as she would not qualify for insurance coverage in the US. I was wondering if any of you financed your surgery and if so, could you recommend any place in particular that you had a good experience with? Thanks!

Red

Hey all!

I had lunch (or tried to) with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in awhile. She was so excited for me and called me "skinny" happy.gif

Wow, did that ever feel good. She feels very depressed about having gained some weight (she weighs about 212, she says) and has always been interested in the band. I've told her all about the OCC as she would not qualify for insurance coverage in the US. I was wondering if any of you financed your surgery and if so, could you recommend any place in particular that you had a good experience with? Thanks!

Red

I took a loan out at my credit union. Very reasonable interst rate.

Thanks Angie. I will encourage her to check with whoever she banks with. It probably won't be easy in this economy to get a loan for anything!

I financed a portion of my surgery costs. I used My Medical Loan and the process was super easy. She will find that the rates will be a bit higher for this type of loan, but if she has good credit it will help her out. The process was easy and OCC has a link on thier website.

My sincere suggestion.

Save up, then get it.

If you can't pay in full, it's not worth the money you'll be saving by traveling to Mexico ... with the amount you'll pay in interest, 'fees' and such, it really decreases the value.

Plus, the band, IMHO is a perk, like cosmetic surgery.

It's not a requirement. It's not a necessity for living.

If you can't pay for it upfront, ya don't get it.

Why add another stress to your every day life, like an addition payment?

That's just my 2cents/

Well, for some people it isn't just cosmetic surgery... you can live without big boobs, but you can't always live if you are overweight (or at least not as long!).

I say if you can get a loan in this economy and you can afford to pay it off then go for it! I would be totally bummed if I had to save for years and years to get it.... that is like saving up to buy a car. A great idea in theory, but hard to do!

I took out a partial loan. Wouldn't have waited to save up. In our lives something always happens and the cash goes in a different direction. Example I had surgery. The day after I got back hubby had surgery. The the tansmittion went out in our expedition. Money money money. I am thankful I financed my surgery as a good portion of our savings went for my hubbys recovery time off work and the cost of the tans as well as my fills. Yes. I say do it if you are able to.