new to group

"hello every one I am in the process of having the lap band surgery I have to lose 22Lbs first and I would like to know how the surgery went how fast you lost weight ,If there was any dumping, was there very much pain, etc everything

Jazz :rolleyes: "

Congratulations Jazz on making the choice to be banded! My surgery was about 30 minutes. No dumping so far which is great. So for me no dumping has equaled no pain. I only had soreness around in incision sites. I have had good weightloss since my surgery as you can see in my ticker below.

Read through the stories of those that have gone through the surgery and you will get a comprehensive overview of what to expect. When is your surgery?

Keep us up to date on your diet progress I had to lose a large amount also because of my high BMI. I just focused on banding my brain before my body by in-taking small portions at a time when I drank the shakes. Sip, sip, sip and you will train yourself for life with the band. Call or email Dr. Miranda if Dr. Ortiz is your Doctor, and she can help if you get stuck on your pre-op diet.

Best of luck and welcome to bandland! Kevin aka CalKev

Jazz I moved your post to the Support / General Discussions forum where it is more on topic and hopefully you will get more posts.

"hello every one I am in the process of having the lap band surgery I have to lose 22Lbs first and I would like to know how the surgery went how fast you lost weight ,If there was any dumping, was there very much pain, etc everything

Jazz :rolleyes: "

Congratulations Jazz on making the choice to be banded! My surgery was about 30 minutes. No dumping so far which is great. So for me no dumping has equaled no pain. I only had soreness around in incision sites. I have had good weightloss since my surgery as you can see in my ticker below.

Read through the stories of those that have gone through the surgery and you will get a comprehensive overview of what to expect. When is your surgery?

Keep us up to date on your diet progress I had to lose a large amount also because of my high BMI. I just focused on banding my brain before my body by in-taking small portions at a time when I drank the shakes. Sip, sip, sip and you will train yourself for life with the band. Call or email Dr. Miranda if Dr. Ortiz is your Doctor, and she can help if you get stuck on your pre-op diet.

Best of luck and welcome to bandland! Kevin aka CalKev

Jazz I moved your post to the Support / General Discussions forum where it is more on topic and hopefully you will get more posts.

Hi , Kevin , you are doing so well. What is a daily menu like for you. My weight loss is so slow!! I hardly eat anything on some days. Some days I can hardly swollow anything without it getting stuck, some days I am able to swollow a horse! Write back . Elaine (sassie123) My old registration under elainegreen won't work anymore. It says disabled when i try to post

"Hi , Kevin , you are doing so well. What is a daily menu like for you. My weight loss is so slow!! I hardly eat anything on some days. Some days I can hardly swollow anything without it getting stuck, some days I am able to swollow a horse! Write back . Elaine (sassie123) My old registration under elainegreen won't work anymore. It says disabled when i try to post."

Hi Elaine! First I want you to know Lori saw your post and has been working to find out why it is in an inoperative state. I followed up with her on Friday and at that point she was working with tech services to get an answer for you. Lori was all over it as she always is.

Before I was banded I spoke to Dr. Miranda to get her approval for staying on a semi-liquid diet after I was banded. She gave her OK with the condition that I test my band by eating solids from time to time if not for nutrition sake but for when I go in for fills so I can accurately assess my restriction. I am under a Md's care and have blood tests regularly that my doctor then goes over with me. This is my daily regimen that does change from time to time.

Breakfast - High protein shake, 1 portion liquid vitamins.

Mid- Morning - 16 oz. water or 8 oz. water & 8 oz. tea

Lunch - High protein shake

Mid- Fternoon - 16 oz. water or 8oz water & 8 oz. tea

Dinner - High protein shake or soup, 1 portion liquid vitamins.

There are times I have both a shake and soup if my body feels exceptionally depleted.

Overnight - between 3 and 5 bottles of 16 oz. water. I drink a bottle at a time slowly whenever I wake up during the night and you can imagine that is often.

My fill-in items: 1 12 oz. V-8, Starbucks black tea iced, Fresh carrot juice, 4 oz. Odwalla green machine, 50/50 mix of any fresh juice and water 8 oz. total, Diet snapple iced tea.

Thats about it. I don't use slimfast but a very high protein time release shake. So I stay feeling satisfied longer and I get about 5 times more protein than a slim-fast would give me. It has very low carbs and little sugar and fat.

Once I get some more restriction I will start to bring in solids. I stationary bike twice a day for 20 to 40 min.

This works for me but I am sure not for everybody so I say don't do as I do but as Dr. Miranda & your body tells you it needs.

You know before the band I thought that skipping lunch or breakfast was the way to go now I try to stay even keel during the day and lots of water seams to fill the bill. I haven't tried swallowing a horse yet but I get your idea. My restriction fluctuates too sometimes I can just down as much water as I want and others I have to sip it down slower. Consistency works for me with whatever I am ingesting. What about you?

Kevin