band leaking SCARED!

Well have been wondering why i haven't been loosing weight, so I went for a fill today and found out why. My band has a major leak!!! waiting for one of the Doctors to call me back but since it is 6pm here and 3pm there on a friday guess they aren't going to call me today, has anyone had this problem and if you have what did they do and how much was it? thanks

Have been going to fill centers usa in st pete fl. she is great and is a personal friend of dr ortiz. have watched every thing she has done, all under floro, but today was the first with barium and glad i paid the extra for it. am fully confidant that it was a fluke!

Well have been wondering why i haven't been loosing weight, so I went for a fill today and found out why. My band has a major leak!!! waiting for one of the Doctors to call me back but since it is 6pm here and 3pm there on a friday guess they aren't going to call me today, has anyone had this problem and if you have what did they do and how much was it? thanks

Hi Vicki - Sorry to learn about your leak. It all depends on where the leak is. Hopefully it will be in the tubing or the port. That would be a easy fix. Band leaks are the least common in the actual band itself. Which is good. Let us know what the good docs at the OCC say....

Sorry to hear about your leak...

HUGS

Angie

Hi Vicki - Sorry to learn about your leak. It all depends on where the leak is. Hopefully it will be in the tubing or the port. That would be a easy fix. Band leaks are the least common in the actual band itself. Which is good. Let us know what the good docs at the OCC say....

Sorry to hear about your leak...

HUGS

Angie

still waiting to hear from occ called again today about 11am their time

Wish you the best ! Please keep us posted on what OCC has to say. Keep calling and email them too !! Prayers are with you for a fast fix!!!

SOOOOOOOO WHAT IS THE VERDICT!

KIM :wub:

Talked to dr so the other day and he wants fill center to send him a report. says it is almost impossible for the band to leak the port or the tube from the port to the tube maybe but not the tube. the fill center (kathy) called me tonight to check on how i was feeling and let me know she is trying to talk to dr so. and she will let me know what he says, in the mean time have great restriction, almost a little too tight but will deal until either it starts leaking again or i loose more weight who knows.

will keep you filled in as we go.

Sorry to hear about your leak. I have never had one but I could swear that I read on here or some place else that sometimes they are able to use a thicker liquid that doesn't leak as easily as the saline, so it may be fixable without any surgery.

Good Luck!!

Sorry to hear about your leak. I have never had one but I could swear that I read on here or some place else that sometimes they are able to use a thicker liquid that doesn't leak as easily as the saline, so it may be fixable without any surgery.

Good Luck!!

Well still have lots of restriction. Kathie did a band study which did seal it for now but no one knows how long that will last. Dr So spoke with Kathie at fill center. He suggested that they do a band study in which they send a scope in through my bully button to see exactly where the leak is. then go from there. I am planning to wait until i loose restriction before i make any moves. I still need to find out what kind of $ this will be, cuz I don't even know how I would afford to get from here to there let alone any other money. I live in Fl and the tickets will prob be anywhere from 300 on up, but will let you know when i know.