Work Schedule and Meals

Does anyone work extended hours and finds that the 3 meals a day is not working? I work from 8am to 10pm. While I eat my 3 meals a day, by the time I get home, my stomach is growling again. I drink water and go to bed.

Any suggestions?

Paul

hi paul i do three meals + a snack. the snack is almost always 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1/2 cup plain yogurt (sometimes w fresh berries, sometimes w sugar free coconut syrup, sometimes w a swirl of strawberry preserves, etc). i usually have it about 2 hours before bed. i think if u can be good about portion control, a palmful of nuts would be a good snack. any of those things will quiet hunger but are not diet busters. i try to make sure the snack has at least 5g protein and is no more than 120 cal.

I don't eat 'meals' anymore.

I find snacking, eating when i'm hungry works best for me.

My snacks include:

a Clif Bar (that can last a few hours, as I just nibble on it here and there)

blueberries

mixed (non roasted, no oil, ect) nuts

strawberries

baby carrots, cut up cucumber

You should eat when you're HUNGRY.

Thanks for the advice. I have been doing yogurt at night. It is usually 100 calories. It is so weird to be choosing healtier choices than I have in the past. Tastier, by far.

Paul

i used to work 12 hour shifts and there was no way I could eat three meals.

What I try to do is eat something in the AM, usually a protein shake. Work days...Then about 230 3pm I am starving, so I eat lunch. Then maybe a salad at 7pm, then it seems like my band opens up and I can eat ANYthing i WANT!!!! i TRY TO keep this on track so that I don't over eat at night...Usually a few pretzels does the trick...So my diet wanders and wains from work days to off days. Off days I am much better because I am not running all day! I have more time to plan.

Kim :wub: