Traveling one month after being banded???

I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on this..... Some friends are planning a trip to Las Vegas about one month after I am to be banded. I don't know how I'll feel then, so I am not sure whether I should plan to go with them or not. What do you guys think? I'll be in the mushies stage I think, but I'm sure every restaurant serves some sort of mushy item. Will I stll be sluggish? Will I notice any difference at all? I'd really like to go, cuz I found cheap tickets and my room would be free. Awesome, huh? I'm excited but I don't want to feeling bad when I'm there. Nobody that is going knows about my surgery and it would be nice if I kept it that way. Anyways....any thoughts??? Will I be up for a trip like that?

I don't know how I'll feel then, so I am not sure whether I should plan to go with them or not. What do you guys think? . Anyways....any thoughts??? Will I be up for a trip like that?

You'll be fine. You should be on solid food after 3 weeks, and without a fill you can probably eat just like all the other people in your group (I would avoid the buffets). The time spent walking and looking around will be good for you. Have a blast.

I walked around for hours the day after surgery. Don't let the band slow you down. If anything, I think you will feel more energetic and be ready to take on anything!!!

Roger

JUST A FYI - i had surgery on 10-16 and went to vegas from AZ driving (well my husband did) 10-27 met up with his aunt and uncle - ate lots of soups. we then returned to AZ with them and they stayed for a week - put them on the plane on 11-4 and drove to California to take the kids to Disneyland - i felt woosy in Vegas a couple of times - just called it a night but at disneyland we did 8-9 hour days or the whole time the park was open those days and drove back on 11-7 and saw teh ROlling Stones on 11-8 here in Phoenix - I was pooped after but the next few days just tookit easy ....

I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on this..... Some friends are planning a trip to Las Vegas about one month after I am to be banded. I don't know how I'll feel then, so I am not sure whether I should plan to go with them or not. What do you guys think? I'll be in the mushies stage I think, but I'm sure every restaurant serves some sort of mushy item. Will I stll be sluggish? Will I notice any difference at all? I'd really like to go, cuz I found cheap tickets and my room would be free. Awesome, huh? I'm excited but I don't want to feeling bad when I'm there. Nobody that is going knows about my surgery and it would be nice if I kept it that way. Anyways....any thoughts??? Will I be up for a trip like that?

Hi Autumn,

Go for it, just make sure that you drink lots of water and rest if you feel you need it.

If you are still on soup, I took mashed potatoes and mixed in fat free or soy milk to make a soup, added some pepper... was pretty good.

Have a blast.

I traveled from TX to Mississippi one month after surgery to build a house for Habitat For Humanity. I stayed away from lifting anything too heavy, but did everything else that all the other workers did.

Of course, I can't offer a medical opinion (as I'm not a doctor), but I'm guessing that if you feel up to it..you should be fine.

Have fun...

Kris