Screwed up - need aftercare in Michigan

Well, I sure screwed up. I did a ton of research on the procedure but neglected to research a local aftercare facility or doctor. Now I have a slight problem with my port incision and need to followup with someone local. MMPC does the surgery here in Grand Rapids but I've heard they will not do followup on people who've had the surgery done in Mexico. Does anyone have an aftercare doctor in Michigan, preferrably in Grand Rapids or Holland? Thank you!

Chris

I also had a problem with port incision an I called Dr Ortiz on Memorial Day and he advised me to seek wound care locally. I went to a quickcare facility. They cleaned up the wound and prescribed an antibiotic for 10 days (all healed now and almost thru with the meds). Anxious to now get in for my first fill as I'm wanting to eat too much!

Funny, the treating doctor asked me who did my lapband. I said Dr. Ortiz and he never really knew I went to Mexico. Didn't think that was important. Got treatment and didn't have to go to TJ for it!

It is easy to get wound care treatment in your local area, I think what she is referring too is aftercare like fills etc ( a lap band surgeon in her area) .. not many US lap band docs will take on patients banded in Mexico

Good for you though that you got your wound cleaned up and it is healing great! :)

Yes, I was looking for aftercare in Michigan. I was fortunate - Dr. Pleatman in Bloomfield Hills will treat patients who had surgery in Mexico. I have my first fill scheduled for 6/29 (makes me a little nervous as this is only 5 weeks after surgery). Still waiting for surgerical records though - I've talked with Rene and emailed Sandy but no results yet. Feeling stupid as I don't even know what size band Dr. Ortiz used.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Janet Guisinger in Bay City, MI will give fills to out-of-country patients as long as the port is near the surface of the skin and easily accessible. She does not do flourscopy. I don't have her phone number, but you should be able to find it by calling information. She charges $200 and is very nice.

Actually, I didn't get a card. I got to know another lady who had surgery the same day and as it turned out my card was given to her. I finally got it from her and the day before my fill I got the surgical report. I'm good to go now. Thanks!