New at this forum....

Hello everyone --I have my surgery for the 24th of this month....And quiet honestly, I am scared. Any suggestions? What about the Pre-op diet? Some people say not to drink Slimfast, others say to go ahead and drink it.....I read a post where it said to drink Isopure or the Atkins Advantage shake instead....Help. I am so confused. Rene at OCC suggested to drink slimfast for breakfast, and luch, and a lean cusine for dinner...some posts are saying that is not good....thank you guys.

I was terrified when I was in your shoes. Anyone would be crazy not to be. But now, 6 months later, I wasted my time being worried. Everything went so well, it was all perfect.

Don't worry about the pre-op diet too much. Dr. Miranda will give you specific instructions as the time gets closer. Slimfast is completely fine, as is any other low calorie, high protein drink. I personally love slimfast, though many do not. I did not get to have a lean cuisine (too high of a starting weight), but my aunt did. It is not easy, but very doable....for a week or two.

Congratulations on your surgery. It will be great, and you will be fine.

Becki

Hello everyone --I have my surgery for the 24th of this month....And quiet honestly, I am scared. Any suggestions? What about the Pre-op diet? Some people say not to drink Slimfast, others say to go ahead and drink it.....I read a post where it said to drink Isopure or the Atkins Advantage shake instead....Help. I am so confused. Rene at OCC suggested to drink slimfast for breakfast, and luch, and a lean cusine for dinner...some posts are saying that is not good....thank you guys.

thank you for replying back. I appreciate it. I will talk to Dr. Miranda and see what she says.......

Hi Annette,

I remember how scared I was before I went. I came all the way from Florida alone so you can just imagine. I was banded on 11/30 and when I look back I only wish I had done it sooner. The staff there is great and will answer any questions you have.

Barb

Hi Annette, I am just starting to look into it. Can I ask how old you are, how much you weigh and what brought you to this decision?

Hi Mary --I don't smoke or drink --but my addiction is food. I can't seem to stop eating...I will have to relearn about healthy eating for my surgery. My BMI is not that high....It's 32....some people tell me not to do it....But I will be 30 years old pretty soon....and that will be my gift to myself....I am scared though.

Hi Annette,

I remember how scared I was before I went. I came all the way from Florida alone so you can just imagine. I was banded on 11/30 and when I look back I only wish I had done it sooner. The staff there is great and will answer any questions you have.

Barb

Thank you Barb for replying....Wow! Florida huh? I have him in my backyard....and I am hesitating to go through with the surgery.....But I have to be brave, and do this for myself