I cheated after I got banded..!!

Help ... I was faithful to liquids for the first week.. second week started to pick at solid food items... I did PB 2 times... I feel lilke everything is ok with my band.. Because I have no pain and it only happened when I was cheating and eating tooo fast.. If I chew real slow and not alot it pretty much goes down ok... I have cheated the last 5 days... I do really well in the morning with liquids then by mid evening I can't stop from putting something solid in my mouth.. I am started my 3rd week and am trying to stay on creamy liquids.. Has anyone cheated like this..?? I have lost 10 pounds since surgery ... But I am HUNGRY.. I am not able to have my first fill till May 12th and just a little nervous if I did any damage to my band since I did PB 2 times..

Kinda Nervous...

Nanny

Hi Lori,

]I was just looking for someone to ask about this same issue. I made it to day 15 and tried some "real" food. I had no troubles and before I knew it I was eating foods everyday. How can you tell if your band has slipped? If you feel pain from it, where would it be? I am going to "stop it" today, although, I'm on day 20 now. I'm worried because I bent over the other day to pick something up and felt pain in my port area. It kind of felt like it rubbed inside and now it hurts like a bruised feeling. Is it possilbe this is connected to my eating before I was suppose to?? Is the first 3 week liquid phase to let the stitches heal that hold the band in place? No one real explained this to me and I wish they did, I think the fear of knowledge would have kept me in check. All I was given/told was to follow this diet. No explantion about why or what could happen.

I am really worried. Thanks for your response.

Cyndy

:unsure: [/color]

STOP IT!

follow the post-op diet guidelines or you risk slipping your band!!

again... STOP IT!!! its not worth the risk! ok... I guess you guys can call me MOM now :) just do it because I said so!

Hi Nanny,

I thought I was only one "naive" enough to do this....How are you doing??? I asked Lori a bit more about this....I started eating some foods too at day 15 and now I'm scared because I wasn't having any pain and now I am. I hope we'll be ok....lets "stop it" together and get back on track!! Take care,

Cyndy

Oregon

Help ... I was faithful to liquids for the first week.. second week started to pick at solid food items... I did PB 2 times... I feel lilke everything is ok with my band.. Because I have no pain and it only happened when I was cheating and eating tooo fast.. If I chew real slow and not alot it pretty much goes down ok... I have cheated the last 5 days... I do really well in the morning with liquids then by mid evening I can't stop from putting something solid in my mouth.. I am started my 3rd week and am trying to stay on creamy liquids.. Has anyone cheated like this..?? I have lost 10 pounds since surgery ... But I am HUNGRY.. I am not able to have my first fill till May 12th and just a little nervous if I did any damage to my band since I did PB 2 times..

Kinda Nervous...

Nanny

STOP IT!

follow the post-op diet guidelines or you risk slipping your band!!

again... STOP IT!!! its not worth the risk! ok... I guess you guys can call me MOM now :) just do it because I said so!

loribecky

have you heard of any factual cases of problems with eating bites of solid food before 3 weeks????

redrose

loribecky

have you heard of any factual cases of problems with eating bites of solid food before 3 weeks????

redrose

This post here http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=781

This lady ate one bite of chicken while she was supposed to be on liquids and caused her band to slip. There is a reason doctors tell you to do (or not do) things and it is not because they like to be bossy.