What should I really weigh???

Hi all,

I have been really thinking about being heavy and tall most of my life and going to be banded May 21st. I have seen alot of weight loss tickers that show what your main goal weight is, and I have been wondering about how do you know what your real weight should be?

I am 6'1, and weigh 367, down from 375 since starting the pre-op diet a couple weeks ago. I am big boned and cannot see myself in any way (Thin). Thin to me sounds anorexic. Now Slim-n-Trim sounds better and healthier. How do you know what you really should weigh? And being realistic about it.

Thanks for any replies. :)

Judy

Hi all,

I have been really thinking about being heavy and tall most of my life and going to be banded May 21st. I have seen alot of weight loss tickers that show what your main goal weight is, and I have been wondering about how do you know what your real weight should be?

I am 6'1, and weigh 367, down from 375 since starting the pre-op diet a couple weeks ago. I am big boned and cannot see myself in any way (Thin). Thin to me sounds anorexic. Now Slim-n-Trim sounds better and healthier. How do you know what you really should weigh? And being realistic about it.

Thanks for any replies. :)

Judy

Hi Judy!

I based my goal on how much I weighed when I got married 21 years ago.... I was perfect, not too skinny, but well within a healthy BMI. I did not get banded because I wanted to fit into a bikini.... I want to be healthy and be around to spoil my grandkids (when my kids have kids) rotten!

What you could do to get a good goal weight is figure out what your weight would be at a heathy BMI. At 6'1 a weight of between 185 - 190 would give you a BMI of around 24 - 25. My goal is 145, which puts my BMI at 24.9. Under 25 is considered a healthy BMI.

OR... you could just set smaller goals.... say 275 for your first 100 pounds...

Good luck Judy!

Hi Judy,

I am a tall 'big boned' woman myself. I stand at 6'0 also and have been known as a 'big girl'. Like someone said before a good way to look at it is your BMI...I'm looking more at what size I want to be....a size 14 felt good and is a 'normal' size, nothing to way out of the ballpark (this size for me usually hovers around 180-185)...but i also have goals such as tucking in my shirt and not feeling self concious about it....

Well good luck,

Rose

Thanks so much for all your very good advice. I was thinking that probably around 195-210 would be best, but being at 357 now....that won't be a strong focus at first after being banded because it would not be realistic to me.

Dieting over and over the years past, I get too ahead of myself. Then I fail.

I'm glad your suggestions agreed with my research.

Thanks!