HELP! I did something stupid---I accidentally swallowed my GUM!!!

HELP! Anybody??? I accidentally swallowed my gum while taking some pills. Any ideas of what will happen, or what I should do???

I am making some hot tea to try and dissolve the gum, or to move it through the pouch---into the rest of my stomach....

ARGH!!! This BLUE & FULL moon (tonight) has been plaguing me to accidents and STUPIDITY for about 2 weeks now!!!!

(Did you know that tonight is a BLUE moon???)

Argh...

I'll let you all know what happens... ANYONE else have this happen???

I swallowed gum once felt wierd going down but I am fine---I think you will be also

THANK YOU CYNDI! (Of all the stupid things for me to do...) Ugh, I had just gotten off of the phone with my 85 y.o. grandma, and we were both saying how sometimes "everybody has bad things happen," and how many "strange things have been happening to us each individually" (and I get off of the phone---and do this!!!)

I'm taking tiny sips of hot tea as we speak...

I'm sure this will pass, (pun not intended.) You would probably feel it if it got stuck, so if you're not feeling MISERABLE right now, I'd say it's already gone through. Last night I did feel as if one of my pills got stuck, and it's a scary feeling. I worried all night about that HIGH concentration of meds being in my small pouch, and possibly causing irritation. I'm fine today though. I think we tend to REALLY worry a lot in the beginning. I know I did, it's getting a LITTLE better now though! ;)

Good Luck!

Donna

I'm sure this will pass, (pun not intended.) You would probably feel it if it got stuck, so if you're not feeling MISERABLE right now, I'd say it's already gone through. Last night I did feel as if one of my pills got stuck, and it's a scary feeling. I worried all night about that HIGH concentration of meds being in my small pouch, and possibly causing irritation. I'm fine today though. I think we tend to REALLY worry a lot in the beginning. I know I did, it's getting a LITTLE better now though! ;)

Good Luck!

Donna

That is super scary! yikes! I chew gum a couple times a day and always think about swallowing it, but haven't yet and don't plan on it, even if I am REALLY hungry.

What kinds of meds do you take Donna? I have been crushing my Lortab and Amitryptilene(sp) and it sucks. I don't take my Prevacid anymore and so far so good. I also, don't take my Naproxen anymore either...I have been wanting to get off of that for a long time. I usually take Metformin once at bedtime, but they are huge and I don't think I need them anymore either. One of my other tiny pills is my hormone and my Amitryp. is also very small. I only take my hormone pill like every other day or less, and the other one every night which I crush with my Lortab. I know there is liquid Lortab, but not sure if my doc will give me some because I am on a narcotic contract and it's not refillable for another two weeks.

Judy

ps...are you in Iowa city, or in Iowa state. I know a gal that had surgery the same day as me and she is in Iowa city I believe. She recently joined this forum and her name is Iowagal or aka Beth. :)

Hey there Judy!

I take Wellbutrin SR. It says specifically not to chew or crush since it is a sustained release formula. I take it twice a day, and it makes me nervous EVERYTIME. It's not a small pill. So far, I guess it has been OK. They told me at the OCC that it would be fine to continue it. I also take a Trazadone at bedtime, but it's not very big, so I don't worry about it.

I live just a little east of, Iowa City. We just moved here 6 months ago actually. I was born and raised in Tennessee. My hubby is a manager for Procter & Gamble, so we transferred to Iowa, for one assignment. Probably go back to TN after it's over. My kids are small, so I'd like to get this moving stuff over with while they are little. Plus, all my family and friends are in TN, so I miss them. It's a good 9-10 hour drive from here.

I noticed there was an Iowagal on here. I'd like to meet her. Maybe we could get together, and walk, or something. Talk to you soon!

Donna

Hey there Judy!

I take Wellbutrin SR. It says specifically not to chew or crush since it is a sustained release formula. I take it twice a day, and it makes me nervous EVERYTIME. It's not a small pill. So far, I guess it has been OK. They told me at the OCC that it would be fine to continue it. I also take a Trazadone at bedtime, but it's not very big, so I don't worry about it.

I live just a little east of, Iowa City. We just moved here 6 months ago actually. I was born and raised in Tennessee. My hubby is a manager for Procter & Gamble, so we transferred to Iowa, for one assignment. Probably go back to TN after it's over. My kids are small, so I'd like to get this moving stuff over with while they are little. Plus, all my family and friends are in TN, so I miss them. It's a good 9-10 hour drive from here.

I noticed there was an Iowagal on here. I'd like to meet her. Maybe we could get together, and walk, or something. Talk to you soon!

Donna

Hello Donna, this is Beth aka the iowagal. I live in a small town just west of Waterloo. Its good to hear from someone around the midwest. Had my sugery on May21st. I'm doing well.. Haven't had any problems. It would be fun to meet sometime. When did you have your surgery? I'm going for my first fill July 10th.

You can email me at claussen@mchsi.com

Beth

Hello Donna, this is Beth aka the iowagal. I live in a small town just west of Waterloo. Its good to hear from someone around the midwest. Had my sugery on May21st. I'm doing well.. Haven't had any problems. It would be fun to meet sometime. When did you have your surgery? I'm going for my first fill July 10th.

You can email me at claussen@mchsi.com

Beth

Hi Beth!

I've heard of Waterloo. I'm thinking it's about 90 miles from me. I'm not sure. I live in West Branch, just east of Iowa City. When we moved here, and I saw all the college chicks, and jocks jogging ALL OVER the place,(all 40,000 I think!) I thought, OMGosh! I'm the fattest person in IOWA!! LOL This has GOT to be the healthiest state on the planet. People ride bikes, walk, or jog everywhere. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is based on health, and fitness. That's a GOOD thing, but I'll be glad when I get some of the weight off, so I won't be embarrassed to get out there! LOL

I had checked into a fill doctor in Waterloo, that does fills for MX patients. Dr. Glascock? But, I decided on a doctor in Chicago, and I wasn't dissappointed. He did a GREAT job. If you're ever interested, I'll give you his info.

I had my surgery on April 3 of this year, so I'm still a newbie myself. I got my FIRST fill last Friday, and it was GREAT. I definitely have restriction now. I'm eating 1/3 or less of what I normally ate, so it IS working.

Nice to meet you! Oh, there are several other Iowans on here to! Dolittle, NinnyEd, kellie, me, and I KNOW I'm leaving some out...I'll let you know later! :-? LOL Talk to you soon!

Donna