GETTING BANDED JUNE 12TH

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum but not to the surgery. I have been researching this surgery for over a year now and have finally decided its time to do something positive about the weight loss. I, like so many others, have tried every diet known to man, and some only known to woman. Actually, i knew a year ago this was the way to go, i just didnt know where to go to have it done. Then about 9 months ago i noticed a really good friend was starting to lose alot of weight so i asked him how he did it , when he told me it was the Lap Band surgery and where he had it done, i knew this was where i wanted it done. Especially after i did some research on Dr. Ortiz and his reputation. He is absolutely the best. I know its going to go great, and i am looking forward to getting it done. I'm only a little nervous about going into Mexico because i have never been there, but its also kind of exciting. Anyway, i will post my after surgery stuff as well. Thanks to all of you who have posted so much good info. for us newbys. I know i appreciate it, and i'm sure others do also.

PJ :huh:

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum but not to the surgery. I have been researching this surgery for over a year now and have finally decided its time to do something positive about the weight loss. I, like so many others, have tried every diet known to man, and some only known to woman. Actually, i knew a year ago this was the way to go, i just didnt know where to go to have it done. Then about 9 months ago i noticed a really good friend was starting to lose alot of weight so i asked him how he did it , when he told me it was the Lap Band surgery and where he had it done, i knew this was where i wanted it done. Especially after i did some research on Dr. Ortiz and his reputation. He is absolutely the best. I know its going to go great, and i am looking forward to getting it done. I'm only a little nervous about going into Mexico because i have never been there, but its also kind of exciting. Anyway, i will post my after surgery stuff as well. Thanks to all of you who have posted so much good info. for us newbys. I know i appreciate it, and i'm sure others do also.

WELCOME PJ AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHEN IS YOUR SURGERY?

YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THE NEW YOU!!!

WELCOME PJ AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHEN IS YOUR SURGERY?

YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THE NEW YOU!!!

I'm getting banded on June 12th. I cant wait and i really love this forum. Its nice that i get so much info. before surgery. Thanks for the encouragement, i need it. My starting weight is 328 and i am supposed to lose 16 pounds before i get there and i am already down by 12 pounds , so i need to lose another 4.

The only thing i hope i dont have is the BPing. It sounds aweful. I plan to Chew,Chew,Chew.......

Thanks again

PJ

I'm getting banded on June 12th. I cant wait and i really love this forum. Its nice that i get so much info. before surgery. Thanks for the encouragement, i need it. My starting weight is 328 and i am supposed to lose 16 pounds before i get there and i am already down by 12 pounds , so i need to lose another 4.

The only thing i hope i dont have is the BPing. It sounds aweful. I plan to Chew,Chew,Chew.......

Thanks again

PJ

Congrats, PJ!! I was banded April 9 - my experience is on the newbie page - "Newly banded-Day 8". This is an excellent forum - by the time you get there, you will know what to expect. I had my first fill on May 24th - a perfect 1.7cc's. You can certainly avoid PB'ing by being careful. More than PB'ing, my new fill reminds me when I eat too fast. I get a spasm in my chest that stops me cold. I am in an environment that moves fast -- there are days at work where I start at 8am, and on a potty break at 4:30pm, I realize its the first time I've been in that particular chair all day! So I eat on the run constantly - this is a big adjustment for me -- but I love it!!! I'm full quickly and it lasts hours.

Best of luck to you -- and visit here often -- you're among friends!!

Lisa

Thanks again

PJ

Hi - I'm having surgery on June 14th. I'm so excited!

Hi - I'm having surgery on June 14th. I'm so excited!

Hi Syndee,

I will still be there when you come in...i am going to be there with friends and we plan to be there untill the 16th....one of my friends had the same surgery a year ago and that why i decided to do it now.

Maybe we will run into each other.....are you coming with someone.

I started out at 329lb. but with the preop diet i am already down by 12 lbs at last weigh in. i still need to lose 4 more before surgery. I hope your doing well with the preop diet.....i'm starving, but i would rather starve a little now and be healthy later.

anyway, Good luck to you, and congratulations.... =D>

PJ

Congrats, PJ!! I was banded April 9 - my experience is on the newbie page - "Newly banded-Day 8". This is an excellent forum - by the time you get there, you will know what to expect. I had my first fill on May 24th - a perfect 1.7cc's. You can certainly avoid PB'ing by being careful. More than PB'ing, my new fill reminds me when I eat too fast. I get a spasm in my chest that stops me cold. I am in an environment that moves fast -- there are days at work where I start at 8am, and on a potty break at 4:30pm, I realize its the first time I've been in that particular chair all day! So I eat on the run constantly - this is a big adjustment for me -- but I love it!!! I'm full quickly and it lasts hours.

Best of luck to you -- and visit here often -- you're among friends!!

Lisa

WOW, it sounds like you really have a fast moving day. How many pounds have you lost since your surgery day. I am just looking forward to being able to do some of the things i used to do , and my husband is looking forward to me being able to do more things with him. We are co=owners in the business and he cant come this time, but is planning to come back with me when its time for my first fill. I know everything will work out great , i have complete confidence in Dr. Ortiz. Especially after all i have read and heard from my friends. Thanks again and i also wish you the best of luck with your band. ><'

PJ

Hey PJ

I am also getting banded on the 12th of June. I live in Mexico don't worry it isnt the TJ of the movies. I will be glad to help if you need it during your stay. I really know my way around the place having grown up in San Diego and now live in the south of Baja in Cabo San Lucas. B)