exercise

Hi everyone I just wanted to post something about one of the most important things to do with the lap band.....work out! I hear alot of people talking about food choices but no excersise.I will post everytime I do something ,if it's walking,biking,stepaerobics, or taebo.This will keep me on point knowing that other people will be looking for the post everyday to make sure I keep my word.I will commit to 45 minutes of excersise 5 days a week. I not only want to loose weight I want a killer body. Who else is with me. btw I am about to do 45 minutes of taebo right now. :ph34r:

Hi everyone I just wanted to post something about one of the most important things to do with the lap band.....work out!

Excellent subject. When I got back from surgery, it was too hot to walk outside every day, so I headed to the gym to do a low intensity (2.5 mph, 0 incline) treadmill walk for 30 mins each day. There has to be a connection, because I had absolutely NO gas pain at any time following surgery. I felt terrible when I read about other patients who had back and shoulder pains, but absolutely could not relate.

As soon as my two weeks were up, and I was okay to exercise every day, I started increasing length and intensity. Now I'm up to 60 mins per day, keeping my heart rate at around 110 bpm and alternating between treadmill and elliptical (more treadmill, though).

I missed my workout today and I feel terribly guilty. Gotta get back on the horse again tomorrow! My goal is 60 mins of some aerobic exercise everyday, min 6 days per week, preferably 7.

I'm looking forward to adding 15 mins of weight resistance training on Monday.

I haven't ever tried Taebo, but the ads make it look like a really tough workout! I'm going to hold you to your promise. Did you do your full 45 mins today?

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH! The dreaded E word! I was doing pretty good there for awhile, but lately I've been slacking! I really need to get a move on! If not, I'm gonna have saggy skin, and cellulite for DAYS. I was doing 20 minutes on my Gazelle, and 25 on my treadmill, and maybe a few reps on the Ab Lounge, until I got worried about slipping my band! :-?

OK, so I'm starting back today! I think we all need these posts to help us remember to do the E thing! Thanks for posting this, and I'll try to keep you, and myself accountable! :)

Donna

ABOUT A MONTH AGO I SAW THIS ON 20/20 SO NOW I'M WORKING ON STRENGTH. NOTHING HEAVY, JUST A LITTLE MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINE BEFORE I CALL IT A NIGHT. I HAVE YET TO PURCHASE THE BOOK BUT I'LL HAVE MORE TIME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

I FOUND EVERYTIME I STEPPED OFF THE TREADMILL I WAS HUNGRY SO THIS MADE ALOT OF SENSE TO ME.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Diet/story?id=3034686&page=1

ABOUT A MONTH AGO I SAW THIS ON 20/20 SO NOW I'M WORKING ON STRENGTH. NOTHING HEAVY, JUST A LITTLE MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINE BEFORE I CALL IT A NIGHT. I HAVE YET TO PURCHASE THE BOOK BUT I'LL HAVE MORE TIME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

I FOUND EVERYTIME I STEPPED OFF THE TREADMILL I WAS HUNGRY SO THIS MADE ALOT OF SENSE TO ME.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Diet/story?id=3034686&page=1

I did join Curves, it's low intense but it's moving!! Better than sitting and you don't have to work out with people who look like they don't need to be at the gym, it's a very comfortable situation for us older gals!!

Hi everyone I just wanted to post something about one of the most important things to do with the lap band.....work out! I hear alot of people talking about food choices but no excersise.I will post everytime I do something ,if it's walking,biking,stepaerobics, or taebo.This will keep me on point knowing that other people will be looking for the post everyday to make sure I keep my word.I will commit to 45 minutes of excersise 5 days a week. I not only want to loose weight I want a killer body. Who else is with me. btw I am about to do 45 minutes of taebo right now. :ph34r:

Good idea! Our bands are just tools to help us eat better... That is only part of loosing weight and leading a healthier lifestyle though. We MUST exercise also!

My husband and I joined the local YMCA after I got my band. We make sure we are there a minimum of 5 nights a week. I take a water exercise class 3 or 4 nights and do the treadmill/exercise bike/weights thing twice a week.

If you are scared of exercising, or have other issues like knee, ankle or leg issues (I have really bad ankles), you might want to try a water exercise class. I am so glad that I did! I love the water and it has increased my strength SO much! I used to have issues just walking around the block. Last night my husband and I walked for an hour and it seemed like nothing. I am even going to take a stab at "spinning" soon....

My next challange is the evil eliptical machine....

Hi,

I couldn't agree with you guys more. When reading the posts I see very few people who are talking about regular exercise :blink: , very sad. I think the exercise will be keeps all of us at our desired weight (once we get there, J.K.) I also read about some with BM problems; I also think the exercise and water are key to keepin' the pipes clear.

Thanks for helping with the motivation. We all need a kick in the pants sometimes.

I have been on restriction for a YEAR - no exercise because of a back problem that cleared up as I lost weight... then as I lost weight they discovered a very large hernia that I had repaired in March. I have just been released back to exercise - funny, first time i've EVER been excited about exercise! I'm trying to go on a power walk every morning (before it gets too hot) today, because I was sore, I went on a fast walk but not a power walk - but... I did get a "weet woo" from a construction worker - woohoo LOL

Exercise not only makes us feel better, it helps with the weight loss and ummmm helps to put things back where they are supposed to be (yes, i'm talking about my derrier!) I also use the quiet time to pray and work on my poetry - so turn off the TV, leave the Ipod at home and get out and enjoy nature, even if it is just to walk to the corner and back!

I have been on restriction for a YEAR - no exercise because of a back problem that cleared up as I lost weight... then as I lost weight they discovered a very large hernia that I had repaired in March. I have just been released back to exercise - funny, first time i've EVER been excited about exercise! I'm trying to go on a power walk every morning (before it gets too hot) today, because I was sore, I went on a fast walk but not a power walk - but... I did get a "weet woo" from a construction worker - woohoo LOL

Exercise not only makes us feel better, it helps with the weight loss and ummmm helps to put things back where they are supposed to be (yes, i'm talking about my derrier!) I also use the quiet time to pray and work on my poetry - so turn off the TV, leave the Ipod at home and get out and enjoy nature, even if it is just to walk to the corner and back!

Thats wonderful everyone. Yes I went to do Taebo yesterday and the tape popped who uses vcr's anymore.So I ended up doing step aerobics. Today early I went hiking with my sister for a long time.I probably over did it but I feel great.( for now) I know I will be pulling ><' out the ben-gay lol. Lets see who else keeps there word.

I've been taking my dog for a 30-min walk every day for the last two weeks. The fresh morning air is g-r-e-a-t! Now my dog is on an internal schedule for his daily walk, and if I'm running late, he will come and remind me that it's time for HIS walk! LaDonna

Now that school is out for me, I am pretty faithful about visiting the gym five days a week. My main exercise is weight lifting, something I really enjoy. As for the cardio part I have to really discipline myself to get on the treadmill for a full 20 minute stretch. I've been trying to take a different approach though -- warm up on the tm for 5 minutes, work one body part, back to the tm for another 5 min and so forth ending with another 5 minute walk. Since I work three body parts per workout I can get in my 20 minutes that way. I'm adding in tennis doubles once a week too -- although I'm not too sure how much exercise I get there because we sure do a lot of talking and catching up. :) It seems more social than physical.

Here's what I did this week, my first week out of school...

Monday: Gym 90 minutes (weights & walking)

Tuesday: Fly to SD and get my fill -- lots of walking on the beach that afternoon -- Dr. Romero is a charmer!

Wednesday: Fly home -- not much walking except at the airport

Thursday: Gym 60 minutes (weights) and babysitting grandson all day (lots of running and chasing involved)

Friday: Gym 60 minutes (weights)

Saturday: Heading to the gym in a bit...

I have a hard time in the winter getting to the gym though. I'm hoping being thinner this winter will help me stay motivated, plus the fact that our family is going to Mexico for Christmas vacation. I have such a tendancy to hibernate once the long nights and cold weather sets in.

Twigs

203lbs/183 lbs current/145 goal

1.8cc fill 6-12-07

For muscle soreness give this a try:

Immediately after workout drink 1/2 liter water

30-45 minutes after workout : 1 serving dual isolate whey protein driink

1 carbohydrate IE Cliff bar or a serving of wild rice

Picked this up from some of the dedicated weight lifters at the Gym seems to have helped me this week.

Saturday 40 miles Pinellas Trail

Sunday 15 miles on the stationary bike after doing yard work (setting thin pavers) in the hot Florida Sun!

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z25/str8jacket29/ album pinellas trail

last weekend Chaz 2

Weekend Before Chaz Trip

JC

• 2 weeks later...

I'm completely with you! For me it's less about the food at this point and more about the exercise, I struggle with holding myself accountable. I'm a teacher who has the summer off now (yahoooo) and have no reason not to get my butt to the gym at least 4-5 times a week. I just hooked back up with a trainer who I was very successful with years ago. That will hel me with the strenght training, but I still need to get myself going with the cardio. For me it's just getting started. Once I'm on a roll I'm usually ok. I was banded June 11th. Pre op was 218lbs and now am 196lbs. Doing well with portions and the whole diet plan, just need to get this exercise thing down. Thanks for bringing this up.

:)

I did join Curves, it's low intense but it's moving!! Better than sitting and you don't have to work out with people who look like they don't need to be at the gym, it's a very comfortable situation for us older gals!!

I love the Curves concept and the fact there are no mirrors and it's all women, but my problem with them is that the hours that they are open (at least here) are geared for women who don't work. They don't open early enough in the morning, they close too early in the evening, they close at noon on Saturday (not even opened on Sunday) and they shut down for 3 hours every afternoon! I can't manage with my work schedule and commute!

I wish they would get the message that women with jobs would love to do CURVES too!

Monday Wednesday Friday= Week 1 of couch to 5k

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Tuesday Thursday= 4 mile walk in one hour, then to the Gym for freeweights Tues=arms Thurs=legs

Each weekday morning 15min stationary bike heart rate 100 +- a few

Each weekday evening 30min stationary bike heart rate 100 +-

Planning either kayak or cycle Sunday.

JC

This past week....

Monday, June 25: Weights 1 hour, treadmill 20 min./ Chased Grandson half the day

Tuesday, June 26: Doubles tennis 1 hour, Weights/Legs only 30 min, Water aerobics 1 hour

Wednesday, June 27: Weights 50 min., Chased grandson all day long

Thursday, June 28: Pilates 60 min., Weights 30 min, Treadmill 20 min, Water aerobics 1 hour

Friday, June 29: Day off -- ran errands all day long

Saturday, June 30: I will be chasing my grandson all day long.

Calories per day: approximately 1200-1300

Weight loss: Zero pounds (:

I hope I'm not the only one out there exercising! I'm sure others just haven't posted....right!

Monday, July 2: 20 min. treadmill/1 hour weight lifting

Tuesday, July 3: 1.5 hr. doubles tennis/30 minutes weight lifting (legs only)/1 hour water aerobics

Wednesday, July 4: Babysitting grandson --

Thursday, July 5: 20 min. treadmill/1 hour weight lifting/1 hour water aerobics

Friday, July 6: 20 min. treadmill/1 hour weight lifting

1.5 lbs. gone!

Twigs