MIXED REVIEWS

I HAD MY LAP BAND ON JAN. 4TH 2007, I WEIGHED 214 THE DAY I STARTED MY PRE OP DIET... AND I WEIGHED 206 THE DAY OF MY SURGERY. I WAS VERY OPTIMISTIC... AND ALL WENT WELL WITH MY SURGERY... I FOLLOWED COMPLETE POST OP INSTRUCTIONS AND DIET..... I EVEN STARTED EXERSIZING WHEN I WAS CLEARED FOR IT... I HAVE HAD 2 FILLS ON THE SUGGESTED TIME SCHEDULE AND FEEL LIKE I HAVE DONE EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I WAS TOLD....

MY CURRENT WEIGHT IS 184..... THATS ABOUT 30 POUNDS I HAVE LOST IN 6 MONTHS... BETTER THAN GAINING THATS FOR SURE... BUT MY POINT IS.... I PAID $8500.00 AND ANOTHER $200.00 FOR FILLS FOR THIS "TOOL" AND I HAVE LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS... I HAVE BEEN STUCK ON 185 FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND I CANT IMAGINE BEING ANY MORE RESCRICTED RIGHT NOW.... I DO EXERSIZE AND I DONT EAT "BAD" STUFF.

MY THOUGHTS RANGE FROM DAY TO DAY... AND FOR TODAY IAM THINKING I MAY HAVE GONE INTO THIS THING WITH MY EYES WIDE SHUT.... LOOKING FOR A MAGIC CURE....

I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW "WORK OUT" BUT I COULD HAVE GONE TO SKYSPORTSPA GYM AND WORKED OUT WITH ONE OF THE TRAINERS FROM THE SHOW FOR 3 1/2 MONTHS 3 DAYS A WEEK FOR $8500.00.

IM NOT SAYING THAT THE LAPBAND HASNT WORKED FOR ME.... I HAVE LOST 30 POUNDS AND I WENT FROM A SIZE 18 TO A SIZE 14 IN 6 MONTHS... IM JUST SAYING THERE ARE MORE THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOUR TRYING TO DECIDE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS OR NOT.....

I HAVE KEPT IN TOUCH WITH A FEW OTHER FELLOW BANDSISTERS I MET WHILE HAVING MY SURGERY AND WE ARE ALL FEELING THE SAME WAY... MAYBE ITS A 6 MONTH THING. I DONT KNOW...

I DO PLAN TO HAVE ANOTHER FILL THIS MONTH AND I WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED IF I LOOSE...

IF YOUR THINKING OF GETTING THE SURGERY... THINK A LITTLE LONGER... MAYBE TRY A PERSONAL TRAINER.... I ALSO BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE MY BMI WASNT AS HIGH AS SOME... IT MAYBE HARDER FOR ME... BUT LIKE I SAID ITS A

"MIXER REVIEW"

IM NOT PROOF READING THIS BEFORE I SEND IT SO I HOPE EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE ENGLISH....

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT\

DEBI

Hi there.

Just a few thoughts.... definately go get the next fill.. the third fill for me dropped me 25-30 pounds. Ive dropped 55 pounds since 9/7/07 not a record, but I challenge you to try to gain that 30 pounds back...I have put off another fill and haven't gained a pound back. The band literature says it takes 2-3 years, but everyone always looks for results 2,3,4 or 6 months out.

If it weren't for Butterfingers and Instant Mix Coffees, I would have lost another 30 or 40 pounds. Calorie ins versus calories out is a big T truth. So I blame me, not the band. Another challenge is to post your daily food intake for a week. Sometimes we thing we arent eating alot because we are constantly hunger ( wrong fill amount) and in fact we are eating smaller but more often.

I"m frustrated too, but not at the band, at my continued attitude towards food. The word Buffet still makes me desire all the food i can eat, but I realize its a wase of money no matter what my desire is.

So don't give up.. be patient and don't kick yourself around for spending $8500 you'll save that on buffets in a few years:)

In all fairness, is there a reason why you picked the LB and didn't spend that money on trainers and such? I know why *I* did: Because I had already spent that kind of money trying all the other crap and nothing worked! I lost NOTHING. I've only lost 28 pounds since my pre-op diet and 22 pounds since surgery in March, but that's a LOT more than I've lost in a LONG time :) Plus I see it as a long term solution - there's no way I could go to a trainer every week for the rest of my life. I CAN cut down on portion size with my band's help for the rest of my life.

Sorry it doesn't seem like what you were looking for - you might want to write out what you're eating, how much, when and your exercise and see if someone can see if there's a problem.

Best of luck!

I HAD MY LAP BAND ON JAN. 4TH 2007, I WEIGHED 214 THE DAY I STARTED MY PRE OP DIET... AND I WEIGHED 206 THE DAY OF MY SURGERY. I WAS VERY OPTIMISTIC... AND ALL WENT WELL WITH MY SURGERY... I FOLLOWED COMPLETE POST OP INSTRUCTIONS AND DIET..... I EVEN STARTED EXERSIZING WHEN I WAS CLEARED FOR IT... I HAVE HAD 2 FILLS ON THE SUGGESTED TIME SCHEDULE AND FEEL LIKE I HAVE DONE EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I WAS TOLD....

MY CURRENT WEIGHT IS 184..... THATS ABOUT 30 POUNDS I HAVE LOST IN 6 MONTHS... BETTER THAN GAINING THATS FOR SURE... BUT MY POINT IS.... I PAID $8500.00 AND ANOTHER $200.00 FOR FILLS FOR THIS "TOOL" AND I HAVE LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS... I HAVE BEEN STUCK ON 185 FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND I CANT IMAGINE BEING ANY MORE RESCRICTED RIGHT NOW.... I DO EXERSIZE AND I DONT EAT "BAD" STUFF.

MY THOUGHTS RANGE FROM DAY TO DAY... AND FOR TODAY IAM THINKING I MAY HAVE GONE INTO THIS THING WITH MY EYES WIDE SHUT.... LOOKING FOR A MAGIC CURE....

I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW "WORK OUT" BUT I COULD HAVE GONE TO SKYSPORTSPA GYM AND WORKED OUT WITH ONE OF THE TRAINERS FROM THE SHOW FOR 3 1/2 MONTHS 3 DAYS A WEEK FOR $8500.00.

IM NOT SAYING THAT THE LAPBAND HASNT WORKED FOR ME.... I HAVE LOST 30 POUNDS AND I WENT FROM A SIZE 18 TO A SIZE 14 IN 6 MONTHS... IM JUST SAYING THERE ARE MORE THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOUR TRYING TO DECIDE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS OR NOT.....

I HAVE KEPT IN TOUCH WITH A FEW OTHER FELLOW BANDSISTERS I MET WHILE HAVING MY SURGERY AND WE ARE ALL FEELING THE SAME WAY... MAYBE ITS A 6 MONTH THING. I DONT KNOW...

I DO PLAN TO HAVE ANOTHER FILL THIS MONTH AND I WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED IF I LOOSE...

IF YOUR THINKING OF GETTING THE SURGERY... THINK A LITTLE LONGER... MAYBE TRY A PERSONAL TRAINER.... I ALSO BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE MY BMI WASNT AS HIGH AS SOME... IT MAYBE HARDER FOR ME... BUT LIKE I SAID ITS A

"MIXER REVIEW"

IM NOT PROOF READING THIS BEFORE I SEND IT SO I HOPE EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE ENGLISH....

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT\

DEBI

DID THEY TELL YOU ANYTHING DIFFERENT THEN LOSING ONE TO TWO POUNDS A WEEK? ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH TO LOSE WEIGHT?

I think you guys are kind of missing Debi's point. I don't think she is saying it's a waste of money or she regrets it, more that one goes into this thinking it's a magic cure and in reality it's not. When I went in for surgery some months ago I thought I wouldn't be able to eat very much food, so I would lose weight, so I would feel better about myself. The truth is that without dealing with all of the emotional issues real progress cannot be made. We all know there are ways around the band so it still comes down to choice and getting active.

Mostly everything I read before my surgery was "ra, ra, surgery has changed my life, ra, ra" and for me I am still making poor food choices, when I am hungry I forget to chew slower then the food get's stuck and I feel like I have the worst indigestion. I have lost about 30 lbs in total but my mood swings are still as erratic as they were. I hate myself for 'breaking' my diet, I feel bad I have spent $8K and I am not make better progress and I have to say my husband is wondering why I am not getting closer to looking like Cindy Crawford. I am wondering that myself.

Debi is not saying that you shouldn't have the surgery, more that whomever is considering it should realize that the food addiction just doesn't go away post op and if you are considering surgery you should go into thinking that you still have to work at getting every lb off.

Knowing what I would now, I might have considered intensive therapy to deal with my 'food issues' and got healthy emotionally instead of wedgy-ing myself into losing weight. But that's neither here nor there now. I will succeed, it will be just a long, very emotionally charged and painful road I will walk before then!! Debi, I understand exactly what you are saying!!

I think you guys are kind of missing Debi's point. I don't think she is saying it's a waste of money or she regrets it, more that one goes into this thinking it's a magic cure and in reality it's not. When I went in for surgery some months ago I thought I wouldn't be able to eat very much food, so I would lose weight, so I would feel better about myself. The truth is that without dealing with all of the emotional issues real progress cannot be made. We all know there are ways around the band so it still comes down to choice and getting active.

Mostly everything I read before my surgery was "ra, ra, surgery has changed my life, ra, ra" and for me I am still making poor food choices, when I am hungry I forget to chew slower then the food get's stuck and I feel like I have the worst indigestion. I have lost about 30 lbs in total but my mood swings are still as erratic as they were. I hate myself for 'breaking' my diet, I feel bad I have spent $8K and I am not make better progress and I have to say my husband is wondering why I am not getting closer to looking like Cindy Crawford. I am wondering that myself.

Debi is not saying that you shouldn't have the surgery, more that whomever is considering it should realize that the food addiction just doesn't go away post op and if you are considering surgery you should go into thinking that you still have to work at getting every lb off.

Knowing what I would now, I might have considered intensive therapy to deal with my 'food issues' and got healthy emotionally instead of wedgy-ing myself into losing weight. But that's neither here nor there now. I will succeed, it will be just a long, very emotionally charged and painful road I will walk before then!! Debi, I understand exactly what you are saying!!

I understand also!! The LB is a tool not magic. It's me that is not following the rules all the time.

We have food addictions and will always want food that is not heathly and want too much of it.

Also I'm within 20 lbs of my goal. We all know how hard those last 20 pounds are.

I also had to have a reverse adjustment and that just opened me up to eat more!! My next appointment is not until 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to an adjustment because it helps to get my appetite back in check!!

I'm sure we all eat more than we need. Practicing portion control is as hard as exercise!!

I have lost 60 pounds since Oct 2006 and could not have done it without the LB or if I could have lost it I would not have been able to keep it off. I have yo-yoed all my life.

The LB is not worry free but I would have it again in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents worth!!

PAMMIE I WAS GLAD TO SEE YOU HAVE LOST.... I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR PROGRESS SINCE BEFORE I GOT THE LAPBAND AND IT SEEMS THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE WINNERS...... OR LOSERS...HAHAHA... MY STORY IS JUST THAT... MINE... ITS WHAT IM GOING THROUGH. ITS HOW I FEEL.... DONT READ ALOT OF STUFF INTO IT... ITS WHAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW... ITS WHAT IM THINKING TODAY..... JUST KEEP IT IN MIND WITH ALL THE STORIES OF ...... WELL ALL THE OTHERS.... IF ANYONE THINKS THAT ITS ALL GOOD.... NOTHING IS..... I USED METH FOR 15 YEARS TO KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF... IT WORKED GREAT... UNFORTUNATLY IT TURNED ME INTO A MONSTER AND SINCE I GOT CLEAN I GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT.... ALOT.... AND IT HELPS ME IN MY OWN SITUATION TO TELL OTHERS MY HONEST SIDE TO THINGS.... PLEASE DONT GIVE IT MORE THAN IT IS... JUST MY SIDE.... OTHERS MAY DISAGREE AND THATS ALL GOOD.... I WOULD LIKE TO SAY.... THAT I APPRICATE ALL THE THINGS PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY.... AND ISNT IT FUNNY HOW A LITTLE BIT OF UNFLATTERING INPUT CAN JUST FREAK SOME PEOPLE OUT.

I have lost:

100 pounds twice

75 pounds twice

50 pounds four times I think

30 more times than I can recall

20 At least a dozen times

I have used diet excercise and combinations of the two. I am a master at losing weight the problem is it comes back with a vengance. When I scheduled my surgery I was gaining back after having lost 75 pounds. I knew the new me would be at a minimum 375 pounds, I feared more like 400. I my opinion I have to factor in weight loss and weight increase prevention. Right now I am down 81 lbs since sugery 116 since I started this last weight loss attempt but I also have 166 pounds of prevention. I am not saying you are wrong at all I would hope no one thinks I am trying to imply it either, we are all different; I am just sharing the point of view I use when I get impatient and wonder if I did the right thing.

JC

THATS GREAT..... WOW I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE YOYO THING... AND FREAK OUT IS NOT THE WORD I MEANT TO USE.... MORE THAT GET PEOPLE RIALED UP.... THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT.... THAT IS A BIG PLUS... I HAVE NOT GAINED ANY OF MY WEIGHT BACK,,, AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION OF THE 3RD FILL, I AM SCHEDULED TO GO IN NEXT WEEK SO MORE TO COME ON THE SAGA... IM SURE.... ALTHOUGH I WANT TO BE HONEST I ALSO WANT TO BE FAIR.... I DO APPRECIATE THE ADVICE.... AND OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE IT TO BE EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR..... WITH A BIG BAG OF GOLD TOO...HAHAH... AND WHEN THE FAT IS GONE I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT MY SAGGY SKIN...LOL.... DOES IT EVER END? THANKS AGAIN.... MORE TO COME... KEEP TUNING IN.....OUT..... :-h

hey deb,

i am with you but the yo yo comment is the most important. I've been banded for over 2 years and complained bitterly about my 16pound weight loss - no matter what i did/do it wouldn't change (and I don't want to go into it all again) but I have food diairies, I exercise, i ate between 600-1500 calories blah blah blah. Well, I went to Tijuana for a slight unfill and let the doc talk me into a major unfill and have no restriction at all - every bad habit came back immediately and i've gained all 16lbs back. I am a head case, food addict, you name it and if i ever get a fill again i won't complain about not losing weight - i am happy to maintain even a minimal loss. At least if i do everything right i won't weight 250lbs again. I did complain the almost 20k it's cost me with the surgery and fills wasn't worth it but now being as fat as i was at surgery and knowing i will only be fatter over time, it was worth it. so yeah, if you never lose another pound but don't gain another that's pretty good in my book. and if you are eating right and exercising you are still healthier than if you are not. I don't agree you should make yourself tighter if you already feel good restriction - that just leads to trouble. the people that look to restriction so they don't eat will end up with problems. its better you just stay the course and be honest with yourself about what you are eating. it is very easy to trick ourselves so keep an accurate food diary - also, most of us need to exercise a lot more then we think we do to lose weight - at least 1 hour of cardio 7 days a week won't kill you -

I did my LB surgery mostlly to stop the weight gain. It has worked perfectly for that, plus I've lost weight and have kept if off (except for when I had to be unfilled once). I still occationally complain, though, about having spent $15,000 and I still don't look like Cindy Crawford. I have to remind myself how much better my quality of life is since the LB. Before the LB, I would hide-out because I was so embarrassed about my weight fluctuations. I'd be rich if I had a nickle for every time someone asked me if I was pregnant. Now, my life doesn't revolve around food and weight. I don't make decisions based on what clothes I'm able to fit into. I'm not spending all my time sneaking around and getting people out of my life so I can close the blinds and binge-eat. My life feels a lot more "normal" since the LB. I still do some sneak-eating with chocolate, but it doesn't rule my life, and I don't have to isolate over it.

I'm one of those that tried everything before the LB. I've been in two treatment centers for eating disorders. What I wish is that I had the LB before the treatment centers, because "lock-down" therapy is perfect for an addict, and it definitely works. But, in time, the effects started wearing off, and I returned to old eating behaviors. If I had had the LB, then returning to old eating behaviors would not have been an option. I would have been force to stay on track. I still attend Overeaters Anonymous meetings since they address recovery on all three levels (1) physical (2) mental (3) spiritual. I still have LOTS of room for improvement. But, when I think it through, I know that the LB was the best money I ever spent on myself. Rachelle

AND WHEN THE FAT IS GONE I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT MY SAGGY SKIN...LOL.... DOES IT EVER END?

NOPE LOL

I WENT TO MY 6 WEEK TT APPOINTMENT, IT TURNED INTO CAN YOU GET RID OF THESE BAT WINGS NEXT FOR ME? MAYBE A LITTLE LIPO ON THE BRA BACK FAT? LOL

Hi there.

Just a few thoughts.... definately go get the next fill.. the third fill for me dropped me 25-30 pounds. Ive dropped 55 pounds since 9/7/07 not a record, but I challenge you to try to gain that 30 pounds back...I have put off another fill and haven't gained a pound back. The band literature says it takes 2-3 years, but everyone always looks for results 2,3,4 or 6 months out.

If it weren't for Butterfingers and Instant Mix Coffees, I would have lost another 30 or 40 pounds. Calorie ins versus calories out is a big T truth. So I blame me, not the band. Another challenge is to post your daily food intake for a week. Sometimes we thing we arent eating alot because we are constantly hunger ( wrong fill amount) and in fact we are eating smaller but more often.

I"m frustrated too, but not at the band, at my continued attitude towards food. The word Buffet still makes me desire all the food i can eat, but I realize its a wase of money no matter what my desire is.

So don't give up.. be patient and don't kick yourself around for spending $8500 you'll save that on buffets in a few years:)

Speaking of Butterfingers, SlimFast has a snack bar for 120 calories that tastes the same as a butterfinger. I thought it was too good to be true! It's the Optima Peanut Butter Crunch. What a great snack when you really need a sweet!

I have lost:

100 pounds twice

75 pounds twice

50 pounds four times I think

30 more times than I can recall

20 At least a dozen times

Amen ! This is me exactly ! I have lost the same 80-100 pounds several times over the

last 20 years - and I don't really need the band to lose weight - obviously its something

I know how to do and do it well -- what I need is the "don't gain it back" help --- and help

is the right word for me -- lets face it, if there were a magic bullet of weight loss, it would

not be a multi Billion (yup, with a B) dollar industry ! That doesnt mean I don't have good

days and bad days -- I do ! For me {the only one I ever speak for}, this was the tool I

wanted and needed and I have never once asked myself, "why did I do this?". I'm sorry

that anyone does ask themselves that question, because its a pretty drastic measure.

Its nice there is a forum to explore it all ! There's room for everyone.

Thanks!

Lisa

B) today i went and got another fill... i forgot to ask how much they were putting in... #-o so that was dumb... but he told me to walk around in TJ for a while and go try and eat to see how tight i am..... im pretty tight... :unsure: so i will see what happens....

when you say "post my food diary" :-? what do you mean? on this site? where? what? im confussed..... :ph34r: another thing -_- does anyone know anything about Sharon Osborns lap band story? i just heard that she had one and Dr. Ortiz was in the operating room for the surgery.... o kay i will post more later.... :-h

• 3 weeks later...

><' hello fellow banders... i have alot of stuff to say today.... first of all i have to admit that i had never thought about the benefit of NOT having the yoyo weight loss thing when i posted...this is a huge benefit. i started at 215 and was growing larger after being clean off meth for about a year.... i had my lapband in jan. and now its been alittle over 7 months and i weigh 170... i never went up and down... just have been losing slowly... this is a good thing... i went from a size 18 to now a size 11 purple... which means i can get them on but i cant breathe... #-o my biggest complaint is... well that i expected too much.... a miracle or some kind of rapid response to a life time of bad habits.... it was my own "head" thing... now that i have assessed the "WHOLE" situation.... i have to say "its been a benefit".... a good thing.... i feel better,,,, i can exersize.. my arms lay down beside my body. my boobs are bigger than my stomach.... :lol: i am the first one done at meals... i dont think about food all the time..... i save alot of money on the fast food i dont buy..... =D> and i am finially feeling like i look like i am losing weight.... it takes awhile.... it isnt over night...... it still requires more than the surgery... but its workable.... i feel like i might be in my sweet spot now.... i hope someone gets something out of this.... i just wanted to be fair and tell ya all its a good thing...........TODAY..... :D

DEBI

• 2 weeks later...
><' hello fellow banders... i have alot of stuff to say today.... first of all i have to admit that i had never thought about the benefit of NOT having the yoyo weight loss thing when i posted...this is a huge benefit. i started at 215 and was growing larger after being clean off meth for about a year.... i had my lapband in jan. and now its been alittle over 7 months and i weigh 170... i never went up and down... just have been losing slowly... this is a good thing... i went from a size 18 to now a size 11 purple... which means i can get them on but i cant breathe... #-o my biggest complaint is... well that i expected too much.... a miracle or some kind of rapid response to a life time of bad habits.... it was my own "head" thing... now that i have assessed the "WHOLE" situation.... i have to say "its been a benefit".... a good thing.... i feel better,,,, i can exersize.. my arms lay down beside my body. my boobs are bigger than my stomach.... :lol: i am the first one done at meals... i dont think about food all the time..... i save alot of money on the fast food i dont buy..... =D> and i am finially feeling like i look like i am losing weight.... it takes awhile.... it isnt over night...... it still requires more than the surgery... but its workable.... i feel like i might be in my sweet spot now.... i hope someone gets something out of this.... i just wanted to be fair and tell ya all its a good thing...........TODAY..... :D

DEBI

Great Debi, glad to hear you are feeling better about the band now. I understand your frustration. I think when we're considering the band we tend to only absorb what we want. I vaguely remember reading that the band is "only a tool" and how you can "eat around the band", but I was much more focused on the big weight losses and "sweet spot" testimonies.

I was banded about a week after you and have only lost about 20 pounds and wish it was more, but have only had one fill so far and am also grateful to have at least kept the weight off.

It's a real learning experience. People do need to know that you don't just get the band and your problems are over. Especially if you are a relatively low weight. I was 218. Even with the fill I have, it's impossible for me to overeat on certain foods ... chicken, salad, bread, sticky rice. I'm hoping with a bit more of a fill there will be more foods on that list, but I'm sure I'll still have to fight to stay away from that frozen devil in a bowl .... ice cream.

DEBI

debi... i want to thank you for your honesty... I am to be banded on august 17th and i am 'ra-ra' about the surgery, but your post has brought me a much needed reality check. thank you, thank you, thank you. i am still soooooooo excited about the surgery, but you have reminded me that it is not a miracle and that i will need to make good food choices, and exercise and follow up with my fills and most of all ( and maybe the hardest of all) i will need to be patient! you have a great sense of humor and i look forward to your future posts! :P i am still counting the days and its gonna be great, but i will have plenty of work to do. you have saved yourself from some thing very bad already and will save yourself from unhealty food habits too. best of luck and please know that your words meant alot to me..... dallas :)

this is what i love about this forum! the freedom to vent, the ability for others to help us see outside of our own little box, and the support and encouragement we give to each other!

I would L O V E to lose this last 15 pounds but you know what... if I never do, that's OK. I'm down 70 pounds, have lost 65 inches and I'm not battling weight coming back on. I feel in control for the first time in I won't say how many years so I don't give away my age lol

This isn't a race to the finish line... its about living your life, being healthy and constantly striving for the best you can be... and that doesn't mean being a stick figure!

You guys are awesome and you make me smile ><'

You know what else makes me smile.... seeing people I haven't seen for a long time and them telling me that I'm wasting away :lol:

Debi,

I have to say wtg! & lol I know who you are! (well kinda sorta! I heard you say something about the forum so I know it was you now that you said you got a fill on the 26th) I saw you at the OCC on the 26th!!!! I was there at the counter & you cracked a joke cause I kept saying mmhmm oh mmhmm ;) do you remember?

THANK YOU DEBI FOR YOUR HONESTY!! ><'

You have opened my eyes to reality and I appreciate that!!! I'm getting banded on Aug 14, but I'm going to get that "magic bullet" idea out of my head!!

Amen ! This is me exactly ! I have lost the same 80-100 pounds several times over the

last 20 years - and I don't really need the band to lose weight - obviously its something

I know how to do and do it well -- what I need is the "don't gain it back" help --- and help

is the right word for me -- lets face it, if there were a magic bullet of weight loss, it would

not be a multi Billion (yup, with a B) dollar industry ! That doesnt mean I don't have good

days and bad days -- I do ! For me {the only one I ever speak for}, this was the tool I

wanted and needed and I have never once asked myself, "why did I do this?". I'm sorry

that anyone does ask themselves that question, because its a pretty drastic measure.

Its nice there is a forum to explore it all ! There's room for everyone.

Thanks!

Lisa

I hear all of you. I'm only 5 days post op. I'v already lost 18 lbs. And for me it was not about losing the weight. For me it was about keeping it off. I read a HORRIBLE statistic that claimed that 98% of folks that lose weight gain it back and more. That's when I knew that there had to be somehting else. It's not like I can't lose the weight it's that I can't keep it off. Now, I think highly of myself but in the food department and the srong will deparment I KNOW I'm not in that top 2% that keep it off. Not for lack of trying. My mother has always said about smoking: never quit quitting because one time it will take. I've applied that idea to my weigh loss because it worked with the smoking. After much research I found that the majority of Bandsters have seen success in keeping the weight off. I like the idea of journaling food and excercise entry. I keep a journal of my excercise and I will start my caloric journaling as some have suggested on this forum. Light and Love: Jackie