Recent Banding

I just had my band inserted by Dr.Ortiz on June 8th and I haven't had a fill yet. I would appreciate any feedback. I live alone(with dogs and cats and my older sons dropping in) I am not certain how to go about having the fill done. Going back to TJ is a really big trip for me and there is a "fill station" within 2 miles of my house here in Florida. There are also doctors in the area who do the procedure. I don't have a contact here that directs me to the next step. After the first 3 days after the band was put in I haven't experienced any restriction at all. I have kept primarily to liquids, esp those with electrolytes and protein shakes and soups.

My problem is I am not certain when to do what. I contacted the TJ clinic and was told fills are done 6-8 wks after the procedure. I don't think I have messed up yet but want feedback please. Not only do I not throw up but I don't know how I can go for another month feeling lack of energy and work my job. Any ideas or suggestions? I would appreciate any info on how this process starts at this point. My personal doctor doesn't even know about the band insertion yet-because that is not the way I found out about the process.

I just had my band inserted by Dr.Ortiz on June 8th and I haven't had a fill yet. I would appreciate any feedback. I live alone(with dogs and cats and my older sons dropping in) I am not certain how to go about having the fill done. Going back to TJ is a really big trip for me and there is a "fill station" within 2 miles of my house here in Florida. There are also doctors in the area who do the procedure. I don't have a contact here that directs me to the next step. After the first 3 days after the band was put in I haven't experienced any restriction at all. I have kept primarily to liquids, esp those with electrolytes and protein shakes and soups.

My problem is I am not certain when to do what. I contacted the TJ clinic and was told fills are done 6-8 wks after the procedure. I don't think I have messed up yet but want feedback please. Not only do I not throw up but I don't know how I can go for another month feeling lack of energy and work my job. Any ideas or suggestions? I would appreciate any info on how this process starts at this point. My personal doctor doesn't even know about the band insertion yet-because that is not the way I found out about the process.

ADD MORE PROTEIN TO YOUR DIET TO TRY AND GET YOUR ENERGY LEVEL BACK UP. KEEP A LIGHT EXERCISE PROGRAM GOING AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER

MAKE A FILL APPOINTMENT NOW SO ONCE YOU HIT YOUR 6 WEEKS YOU'LL GET RIGHT IN :)

You SHOULDN'T be feeling any restriction right now, if you are on liquids. Liquids pass just fine. You MAY or MAY NOT have restriction after you start solids. Some people DO, but a LOT of people don't! So, when you do start solids, be CAREFUL, but don't be upset if you have no restriction. Make sure you CHEW like crazy, before you swallow any solid food!

You can get a fill anywhere from 6-8 weeks, or LONGER after being banded. Some of the LUCKY ones may not need a fill for 3 or 4 months. You will know, if you can still eat everything with no problem, you need a fill. My suggestions about getting a fill...

I was unable to go back to TJ for my fills, so I found a local doctor that did fills for MX banded patients. It took a lot of calling, and checking, but it was worth it. Choose a doctor that uses FLUORO. I like to see how fast or slow the barium passes through the stoma, and you DR can determine by the timing, how much he needs to add, or subtract.

Don't panic! I think everyone kindo feels a little nervous after surgery. There's nothing to it. As far as the enery thing, I agree with Pammie....add more protein!

Good Luck,

Donna