Banded June 25

Hi Everyone!!! I am sooo happy to have found this forum. I had spent the day searching the internet for anything I could find regarding postop recovery, etc. and luckily I found all of you :) I just had my band done this past Monday. I'm still pretty sore, but the gas pains are easing up. I've been surprised to read that several of you had it done via same day surgery, and the next day were out feeling fine. My doctor admitted me for 2 nights in a hospital (per his normal routine), and I'm still struggling with pain at the port incision site. My tummy is still very bloated and I cant wear regular clothes yet. I thought this was routine, until I've read most of your posts. Has anyone else had surgery/hospital admission similar to mine? By the way, mine wasnt done in TJ, it was done in upstate NY. Currently, I'm struggling with the starving sensation, and am counting 2 more days until I can try some cottage cheese, applesauce and mashed potatoes.

I'd love to hear from you........

Peggy

Hi Everyone!!! I am sooo happy to have found this forum. I had spent the day searching the internet for anything I could find regarding postop recovery, etc. and luckily I found all of you :) I just had my band done this past Monday. I'm still pretty sore, but the gas pains are easing up. I've been surprised to read that several of you had it done via same day surgery, and the next day were out feeling fine. My doctor admitted me for 2 nights in a hospital (per his normal routine), and I'm still struggling with pain at the port incision site. My tummy is still very bloated and I cant wear regular clothes yet. I thought this was routine, until I've read most of your posts. Has anyone else had surgery/hospital admission similar to mine? By the way, mine wasnt done in TJ, it was done in upstate NY. Currently, I'm struggling with the starving sensation, and am counting 2 more days until I can try some cottage cheese, applesauce and mashed potatoes.

Peggy

You can try www.lapbandtalk.com.

Peggy

Hi, I had my surgery on the 25th of June also, but I am feeling great. Yes, I do have gas, but it is not painful. Only concern that I have is....walking for awhile then feeling short of breath. I will be going back to work on Monday, July 2.

Marie

:-h

Hi, I had my surgery on the 25th of June also, but I am feeling great. Yes, I do have gas, but it is not painful. Only concern that I have is....walking for awhile then feeling short of breath. I will be going back to work on Monday, July 2.

Marie

Hi, I had my surgery on June 28th with Dr. Ortiz. It has been great...I have not had one pain

pill since I was banded. I feel somewhat bloated today and gassy but not painful. I can't seem

to burp. Is that usual? It is a little discomforting when I can't burp..I just stay out of the kitchen

as much as possible. My husband is feeding himself and that really helps. I have had coffee,

apple juice, chicken broth and water. So far doing OK but a little hungry.

From Kansas

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I had my surgery on June 28th with Dr. Ortiz. It has been great...I have not had one pain

pill since I was banded. I feel somewhat bloated today and gassy but not painful. I can't seem

to burp. Is that usual? It is a little discomforting when I can't burp..I just stay out of the kitchen

as much as possible. My husband is feeding himself and that really helps. I have had coffee,

From Kansas

Hey, Kansas - yes, it feels funny, but you're feeling the gas they used in the surgery and it

wont come up by burping == walking walking walking will help it tremendously !!! It goes

away - - -

Congrats on your band ! Take care --

Lisa

From Kansas

Hi Kansas, I sent you a message once and I almost think you sent me one back but there was nothing there when I opened it. Anyway, I am from Hutchinson. You had your surgery just a couple of weeks before me, are you going back to TJ for a fill ? I've lost 11 pounds since surgery 7/18 but honestly it feels like I've lost more than that !! How are you doing ?

Banded on July 23 2007

I was amazed at how fast things have moved along. My brother went with me and we both laugh at how loud our stomach can get. I don't know if those are hunger sounds or simply my stomach screaming about the chocking mechanism it has around it now. I apologized to my stomach and told it that it was the only way I could find to stop abusing it so that even though it didn't look too loving the choke was a really good thing. GAS GAS GAS at shoulder: that is my only pain. Funny it happens just after I dring a broth, water or really take in anything. Except this morning it woke me up. I hear walking will take care of it so I will try more than the 15 minutes I tried yesterday. My brother can't walk because of foot pain so I wonder if anyone knows if riding a stationary bycicle will do the trick. He has a "gas buble" just under his ribs on left side of his chest. It'f freaky I saw it yesterday. Any ideas? Other than the gas NOTHING. Dr. Ortiz and his team are impressive.

Peggy

Hi Peggy! I was banded on 06/29/09 by Dr. Weber in Michigan!! What a WONDERFUL experience!I was admitted overnight..gladly to say. I am a RN and was so impressed w my care! I was banded on 06/29/07 and am 1 month post op! YEAH!! I actually took a few weeks to feel "back to myself" the bloating, gas and eating changes. It takes time, this is actually REALLL surgery contrary to most peoples attitudes. Your body might just need some extra time. Really work the diet it is built to help you stay safe from your internal swelling! I'm currently beginning week 5 and am enjoying lots of light proteins..salmon, other types of fish and chicken on a regular basis w egg whites. I'm down 20 lbs already and am blessed that the lap band is out there for us. Godd luck and keep me posted!! ><'

Hey, Kansas - yes, it feels funny, but you're feeling the gas they used in the surgery and it

wont come up by burping == walking walking walking will help it tremendously !!! It goes

away - - -

Congrats on your band ! Take care --

Lisa

Hey Kanas & Lisa,

It's probably too late to be of interest to you, Kansas, since you're a month up the road now, but maybe it'd be of help to someone else. I had real bad gas pain & called OCC to find out if I sould use GasX or the like. I spoke to ... it's been a while so I'm not positive who, but I think Dr. Romero... who said no to GasX. He said the gas used in the surgery was out of the body within 24 hours,but that it irrated the muscle tissue. He said some people were more sensitive to it than others and it could take as long as 2 to 3 weeks to go away in some people.

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Peggy

i just had my band on the 14th of august tody is the 16 i am feeling much better . any way i am hungry but every time i get hungury i get popsical and watch tv . and i am still on clear diet . it is ok with me as long as i can get in my fevoret cloth . i am 211 pound i cant wait to see the pounds droping to 150 thats all i need .and i want to tell you some thing that is the best things i ever don good to my self . that is going to make me feel good about my self and about my health too no more high colesterol no more high sugar .every thing is going to be fine . and good luck to you ..