stuck in a rut dont know what to do

I am in my mid 20's and obese my bmi is at 49.4. I am trying to figure out what I should do. I am tired of living my life as the one who is know as the big guy. I want to be able to live life like a normal active young male should be living.

Id like to and out about the price of this procedure and the follow up things for after the surgery. I live in AK so I know it is going to be spendy for me.

All comments and thougths are appreciated.

Hi Alaskaone

You are here on a support board so it seems like you know what you want to do..

Get the Lap Band and get your life back!

Do you have insurance? If so will the cover the procedure?

If not have you considered going to Mexico for your surgery? I know of one other woman who Dr. Ortiz banded who lives in Alaska.

The band is the best thing I have ever done for myself...I'm happier and healthier then I have been in years!

Just Do it!

Insurance did not pay for my surgery. I paid cash for my surgery with Dr. Ortiz. The cost was about $10,000 with my flight. I took a personal loan for the money. Some people save, some people cash in 401k's, some people put it all on a airmile credit card, and I have even some people ebay their hearts out selling stuff to save the money. There is also loans or equity loans.

To me... it was the best damn money I ever spent. Even over the past 10 years I would guess I spent the same amount on programs, pills, books, diets, etc etc etc.