no weight loss baned 2004

Guest LadyPam

Guest LadyPam

I was just wondering is there any one who has been baned and did not lose weight. I was baned in 2004 lost 40lbs and gained it back. I have had 2 fills but I can eat very well 2 months after my surgery my Dr. relocated to another state and until now have I found some one willing to treat me. I was thinking of getting the RNY but I am wondering if I should give this band another try maybe : :angry:

have you heard of another person who did not lose.

I was just wondering is there any one who has been baned and did not lose weight. I was baned in 2004 lost 40lbs and gained it back. I have had 2 fills but I can eat very well 2 months after my surgery my Dr. relocated to another state and until now have I found some one willing to treat me. I was thinking of getting the RNY but I am wondering if I should give this band another try maybe : :angry:

Hi, there! I'm getting banded in a little less than 2 weeks but have read so much about getting banded that honestly it just sounds like you need the right fill. From what I hear it sounds like that's the problem. Again, that's just from research on being on boards. I'm like a sponge right now...trying to get all the info. so once I'm banded I won't be like a fish out of water. :-)

I'm sure you will get tons of support on this forum and all with positive reinforement that you can totally bounce back cuz don't forget...the band is still inside you...it just needs to be utilized the right way. Try to keep positive and continue to come here for support. Good luck!

Guest LadyPam

[Thanks Mikey I needed to hear that. From all I am reading it seems like I should be ok after tomorrow I am going to New Jesrey For a fill. Wish me luck I will post on my restriction. I am in Va. Mt real DR. is in Kanas City now.

HI MY NAME IS HEALINGHANDS I HAD SURGERY IN THE END OF MARCH OF 07. I HAD SOME COMPICATIONS DURING SURGERY, MY DOCTOR FOUND A HERNIA. HE PROFORMED TWO SURGERIES AT THE SAME TIME. THE LAP BAND AND THE HERNIA. BECAUSE I HAD SO MUCH SWALLON GOING ON I HAD LOST 8 POUNDS IN THE BEGINNING OF MY RECOVERY,I COULDN'T EAT ANYTHING EXCEPT 4OZ OF LIQUIDS AND SUGAR FREE JELLO AT TIMES, IT TOOK ME ALEAST 2 MONTHS TO RECOVER FROM THESE TWO SURGERY'S. I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU WHICH WAS WORSE IN RECOVERY, I THEN FINIALLY WENT FOR MY FIRST FILL IN THE MONTH OF MAY 07. BY THEN I HAD GAINED BACK THE 10 POUNDS I HAD AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS SURGERY. I WAS VERY DEPRESS AND SO UPSET. I WENT FOR MY FIRST FILL IN THE MONTH OF MAY, I WAS VERY UPSET TO PUT MY TRUST IN A DOCTOR THAT WHEN IT WAS TIME TO GET MY FIRST FILL HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING,HE MUST OF INJECTED ME 5 TIMES AND YES IT DID HURT, THEN WHEN IT WAS SHEDULE FOR MY SECOND FILL HE INJECTED ME TWICE THEN I NOTICED NO WEIGHT LOST.ANYONE AFTER THAT PROBABLE WOULD OF GIVEN UP, I WENT BACK ONE MORE TIME FOR A THIRD FILL AND NEVER AGAIN!!!!! THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR INJECTED ME 10 TIMES EACH AND EVERY TIME HE INJECTED HE TOOK THE NEEDLE OUT AND STOCK IT BACK IN ME. BY THAT TIME I STARTED CRYING AND MADE THE BEST DECISION IN MY LIFE I FOUND OUT ABOUT A GREAT DOCTOR WHO I AM SEEING NOW. I HAVE GONE TWICE TO HIM AND ALREADY I HAVE LOST 14 POUNDS IN A MATTER OF ONE MONTH. I RATHER TAKE IT EASY AND SURE THEN EVER GO THREW WHAT I WENT THREW," WITH THIS WANT TO BE" I AM GREATFUL THAT MY HERNIA SURGERY WAS CORRECTED BUT I'LL TELL YOU WANT JUST BECAUSE A DOCTOR KNOWS HOW TO PROFORM THE SURGERY DOESN'T MEAN HE KNOWS HOW TO INJECT INTO THE PORT DO YOU KNOW WHAT SCARED ME THE WORST WAS THINKING, OH MY GOD IF HE INJECTS INTO THE HOSE OF THE PORT I AM GOING TO END UP IN THE SURGERY ROOM AGAIN, AND LET ME REASURE YOU THE TWO SECOND TIMES THIS DOCTOR INJECTED ME HE DID IT UNDER FLORSCOPY AND STILL COULDN'T INJECT INTO THE PORT ANYWAY. I AM HAPPY TO SAY I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH AND FOUND A GREAT DOCTOR I HAVE LOST 14 POUNDS IN A MATTER OF THREE VISITS,IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS healinghands1957@yahoo.com

I'm right there with ya'. I was banded April 24, 2007 and had my first fill June8th. Honestly, I haven't noticed much of a difference, beside the fact that I feel uncomfortable still with the port. My diet is super healthy, but I find that I can pretty much eat as much as I did before, which is depressing, I just can't eat as fast. I don't think I lost more than 10 pounds. When I was starving I was losing quicker.

What's up with that?

I of beholder

LADY PAM ARE YOU FROM VIRGINIA? LISTEN HERE IS PHONE #201-646-1121 EXT- 208 ASK HOW MUCH THEY CHARGED FOR A FILL, 385 PROSPECT AVENUE HACKENSACK, NJ THEY ARE GREAT-- OH THIRD FLOOR. WHEN YOU ASKED THE INFORMATION TELL THEM YOU HAD THE SURGERY ALREADY YOU JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET THE FILLS, ASKED THE PRICE PER FILL. DR.EWINGS DOES THE FILLS OK GOD BLESS YOU KEEP ME POSTED.

I'm right there with ya'. I was banded April 24, 2007 and had my first fill June8th. Honestly, I haven't noticed much of a difference, beside the fact that I feel uncomfortable still with the port. My diet is super healthy, but I find that I can pretty much eat as much as I did before, which is depressing, I just can't eat as fast. I don't think I lost more than 10 pounds. When I was starving I was losing quicker.

What's up with that?

I of beholder

The first fill is not adequate to determine weight loss. You definitely need another fill.

• 1 month later...

I AM SO HAPPY TO ANOUNCE I HAVE LOST 32 POUNDS IN A MATTER OF 3 MONTHS.I WANTED EVERYBODY TO KNOW AND SHARE MY HAPPINESS,I CAN REMEMBER A FEW MONTHS AGO HOW DEPRESS I WAS,THINKING WILL I EVER LOOSE THIS WEIGHT,I HAVE ANOTHER 25 POUNDS TO GO, THEN I WILL REACH MY GOAL. I AM STARTING EXERCISE OCT 15-07 I WAS GOING TO START THEM EARLIER BUT MY BACK DOCTOR WANTS TO FURTHER THE EXERCISE AFTER MY MRI.EITHER WAY I AM GRATEFUL I HAD THE LAP-BAND PROCESURE DONE,I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING.SOMETIMES YOU FEEL HOPELESS, BUT LET ME "REASURE YOU" NOTHING IS EASY UNLESS YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND SPIRIT.GOOD LUCK FOR ALL THE NEW PATIENTS THINKING OF LAP-BAND.