THIS IS IT!! HELP ME!!LOW BMI

OK everyone, I was never a big poster... but belive me this site has been watched like a hawk by me. ITs been long. Well here it is. I am a 32.5 BMI, I am 5 5 weigh about 197.. not 200.. of course that matters. I AM SICK AND IM TIRED!! I am ready to do this. I really need support and advice. I was planning to go to Dr ortiz.. who came highly recmd and a woman in my office had it done by him ( SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC BTW>>> AND just had a baby too while banded.. she is skinny minnie!) ANyways, My Uncle who lives in the Middle East is a Surgeon there and he gave a major hook up to my cousin from the states. BANDED FOR ONLY 2000USD. Contrary to what everyone thinks.. ( maybe not you guys) Surgery overseas is not a hole in the wall place.. and the band there was used before the States. well. long story short.. I whined my way into hooking me up too!!! So I am leaveing next wed to do it!!! Now Iam so nervous. WHY COULDNT I JUST LOSE THIS THE REAL WAY!! DId you guys feel that too?

1. i will be there for 25 days.. do you guys think thats enough time to heal?

I will be flying back on a 13 hour flight dont forget? Maybe healing about 2 weeks prior.

2. I plan on taking CRYSTAL LIGHT WITH me there and jello packs? What else should I take?

3 When I come back to the States where in AZ should I go for a filll. and how long after ?

4. WHAT SHOULD I TAKE WITh ME!! ( should I take my vicodine?)

5. AM i going to feel this weird object inside of me?

Im getting so nervous and just want some advice and maybe pep talks.

I had a c-section.. is the pain as bad as that. GOD THAT WAS MISERBLE!!

OK- should I back out?

OK everyone, I was never a big poster... but belive me this site has been watched like a hawk by me. ITs been long. Well here it is. I am a 32.5 BMI, I am 5 5 weigh about 197.. not 200.. of course that matters. I AM SICK AND IM TIRED!! I am ready to do this. I really need support and advice. I was planning to go to Dr ortiz.. who came highly recmd and a woman in my office had it done by him ( SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC BTW>>> AND just had a baby too while banded.. she is skinny minnie!) ANyways, My Uncle who lives in the Middle East is a Surgeon there and he gave a major hook up to my cousin from the states. BANDED FOR ONLY 2000USD. Contrary to what everyone thinks.. ( maybe not you guys) Surgery overseas is not a hole in the wall place.. and the band there was used before the States. well. long story short.. I whined my way into hooking me up too!!! So I am leaveing next wed to do it!!! Now Iam so nervous. WHY COULDNT I JUST LOSE THIS THE REAL WAY!! DId you guys feel that too?

I will be flying back on a 13 hour flight dont forget? Maybe healing about 2 weeks prior.

2. I plan on taking CRYSTAL LIGHT WITH me there and jello packs? What else should I take?

3 When I come back to the States where in AZ should I go for a filll. and how long after ?

OK- should I back out?

It's perfectly natural to be afraid of the unknown but don't panic! I'm just 10 days post op and feel great. The incisions are so small that most are already healed. The larger one is coming along nicely. Check with your airlines about what you can take. I planned to take jello but they come in 4 oz. sizes and I wasn't able to take them with me. Take Gas-x strips though.

You'll be a little gassey from the anesthesia. I don't know about fills in AZ. They recommend about 8 weeks after surgery for your first fill. Take your vicodine with you but keep it in the prescription container for security at the airport. You won't feel the band inside you. I did not experience any pain. Just mild discomfort for the first day. If you're not ready for this and you're in a panic state...maybe you should reconsider. You've got to want it. But the surgery itself is nothing to be afraid of. E-mail me with specific questions and I'd be happy to answer them. Best wishes to you! T McKee

Hi There, I too was with Terry the day she had hers and I feel great toooo. I have had lapriscopic before and this was about the same. I would do it again in a min. In fact I have a friend and a cousin who is going to go see Dr Ortiz.. I meet some nice friends there too like Terry...

Kathy =D>

OK- should I back out?

Hi, I was planning on going to India to have my surgery. Probally would still be going there if my sister would have been able to get the money to have her's done but I didn't want to go by myself. At least you know someone there. I'm going to Dr. Ortiz because he has a great credintails and I can be back home in 4 days as opposed to 2 weeks. Good luck and stay focused on why you want this. My BMI is about the same as yours and I totally understand being tired of fighting this battle and always coming out worse off than when I started. Keep in touch and let me know what you decide.

Renee