First fill with local fill doctor!

Hey everyone,

I just had my first fill today locally and it went very smoothly. She first injected the normal 4cc into my VG band and had me take sips of water to let her know how it's going down. Well, it kept sitting in my throat and little by little took some out and then I gurgled. She knew then when it let go and moved down after a sip at a time, when to stop. So, I ended up with 3.2cc. She said that was great because it showed I still had some restriction since surgery. :) I got the fill standing up! All I felt was the initial pinch when she stuck that needle in and then it was fine. The fill wasn't under flouro, but this doctor has a great reputation and knew what she was doing. Of course I was nervous, but all went fine.

Now I have to be on clear liquids for 24hrs and then mushies for 24hrs and then solid foods. OK...starving now! LOL

Peace,

Judy

I'm so glad that you got your fill and everything went well. Since my first fill on 7/10 and have lost 14 pounds. I had a really hard time at first. I think my band was almost too tight. It's getting better. By afternoon I can eat about anything IF.... I take my time with very small bites and chew til mush. I get tired of chewing and just quit eatting.

It's funny how the body works....When I am hot and working outside, liquids go down with no problems. In the mornings I can hardly swallow a sip or two.... I have to wait until 10 or so to drink my cup of coffee. Before having the surgery I would drink a whole pot before 10.

Beth

I'm so glad that you got your fill and everything went well. Since my first fill on 7/10 and have lost 14 pounds. I had a really hard time at first. I think my band was almost too tight. It's getting better. By afternoon I can eat about anything IF.... I take my time with very small bites and chew til mush. I get tired of chewing and just quit eatting.

It's funny how the body works....When I am hot and working outside, liquids go down with no problems. In the mornings I can hardly swallow a sip or two.... I have to wait until 10 or so to drink my cup of coffee. Before having the surgery I would drink a whole pot before 10.

Beth

Dreamhappy , i am also glad you finally got your fill. I went on July 11th and got mine fill and I have been having problem eating. I have alot of restriction. I still have alot of problems eating solid food like meats. When I do eat meat after 3 bits and chewing until it nothing I have to go throw up. I do ok eating cereals and soups or other soft foods. My fill was 1.8cc. I hope it get better cuase I sure do want to eat a good hamburger for McDonalds or at home. I have lost about 10 lbs since the fill. I also joining the gym so that will help me too in losing weight. Elizabeth

Dreamhappy , i am also glad you finally got your fill. I went on July 11th and got mine fill and I have been having problem eating. I have alot of restriction. I still have alot of problems eating solid food like meats. When I do eat meat after 3 bits and chewing until it nothing I have to go throw up. I do ok eating cereals and soups or other soft foods. My fill was 1.8cc. I hope it get better cuase I sure do want to eat a good hamburger for McDonalds or at home. I have lost about 10 lbs since the fill. I also joining the gym so that will help me too in losing weight. Elizabeth

Hi Beth and Elizabeth,

Thanks for letting me know how you are both doing since your fills. I hope it does get better for both of you and you feel you can eat more of a variety of foods soon. Elizabeth, do you think you are too tight? You have to be able to take in enough protein every day. Good job on the weight loss, but hopefully you aren't losing too much muscle. I don't eat hamburger anymore. It is the one meat I just don't like anymore and it doesn't seem to chew down enough. So, not taking any chances. The only fast food I have had since surgery is Taco Bell. I haven't tried it since being filled because right now I have restriction and I don't want to waste any money on something I will just throw up. But, their pinto beans and cheese might work some day. ;) I would love to join a gym to tone up some muscle and not be so flabby...lol But, I have pain issues still from Fibromyalgia and arthritis. I know that those things don't improve that much with weight loss, or that has been my experience so far. :(

Good luck on both your weight loss journeys, take care and keep in touch. I may still be planning a fill trip to TJ in or around mid-October. :)

Peace,

Judy