Hi, Im new :)

Guest alohasuzi

Hi, John-I'm new too-just joined yesterday. Do you have your surgery scheduled already? Mine is 8/23-can't wait! But, my birthday is the 17th and I wasn't able to get that date for surgery(to celebrate the right way!). so I can't celebrate at all! Oh well, soon after that I'll get to start the celebration for the rest of my life!!!

:unsure: As far as I know Dr. Ortiz is doing it-does anyone else in his practice to them or do they just assist?

Dr. Ortiz and Dr.Martinez were both in the room doing my surgery, at least I assume they were since I was asleep. And by the way, they are both "drop dead gorgeous" !!! But I do think they both perform the surgeries together. The anesthesiologist and several nurses are in there too. Before and after surgery Dr.Romero came in the room a couple of times. All of it is very professional and they make you feel very comfortable. Pam

Guest flatrish
You're going to do great. I'm just over 8 months since my surgery and have lost a total of 95 lbs. I feel so much better, look better and just feel 20 years younger now that I'm not carrying a 100 lb. weight with me everywhere I go.

Hi Barb,

did I notice a post from you one time about getting a fill in the St. Pete area? My surgery date is 8/13 and I'm getting everything in order and I thought you where the one that posted that. I actually live in Deltona and that would be close for me to get my fill. Thanks for any info.

Hi John I am new to the forum as well. I have quite a stretch in front of me. Mine is scheduled for November 28th, thats because my insurance required 3 months of medically assisted diet attempts before they will give thee approval. So in the mean time I am getting all my pre-op tests out of the way so all will be a go in November. I have researched this process for so long another 3 months wont kill me.

I'm new today as well, having had my lapband done on 8/6 in Catonsville, MD. I'm really getting bored with the liquid diet, but have lost about 21 pounds since my pre-op visit with the surgeon. So I guess that's good. Paula

Congrats and good luck to both of you. Who is doing your surgeries? Mine was done by Dr.Ortiz on 7/18 and I've lost about 14 # so far and feeling absolutely wonderful. Pam